Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

I’m not familiar with how singles work with Christmas albums. Is it just one main lead single that comes out before the album does, or is it like typical studio albums in which there are multiple singles?

CU4ever

I’m not familiar with how singles work with Christmas albums. Is it just one main lead single that comes out before the album does, or is it like typical studio albums in which there are multiple singles?

I think they usually release 2-3 or so, but there's usually one big promotional lead-off single. That one gets a big music video, is usually performed everywhere, etc.

pkc4rls

I also am so excited about the Christmas album and been wanting one from her like everyone else.

I will say this, I tend to like the traditional Christmas songs the best but whatever she does, I am sure I will love.

adam1995

I think they usually release 2-3 or so, but there's usually one big promotional lead-off single. That one gets a big music video, is usually performed everywhere, etc.

I feel like there's only ever one single if any from Christmas albums.

CU4ever

I feel like there's only ever one single if any from Christmas albums.

A pop artist I listen to released a Christmas album last year and I remember her releasing a couple songs before the album was out as promo, but maybe it is different for country artists.

Either way, I'd like to hope a few of the songs on the album could reach the top 50 on radio despite not possibly being promo singles, I know Lady A had this good fortune a few years back

simonplay

If the album is successful they will release a single per year, that is usually how it works. Maybe for 2 or 3 years they will release a single around Christmas.

lizcarlo

Yes so excited. Carrie making Christmas cd makes me delightful. O Holy Night, What Child Is This and White Christmas are ones I am hoping for the most.

adam1995

If the album is successful they will release a single per year, that is usually how it works. Maybe for 2 or 3 years they will release a single around Christmas.

I've never heard of that, hmmm. I thought they just played the same hit year after year (see "All I Want For Christmas"). I see Kelly Clarkson only released "Underneath the Tree" and then "Wrapped in Red" the next year, but UTT is played every year now. Could be interesting though.

I was looking up some different Christmas albums like Blake Shelton’s and Kacey Musgraves. Whenever you search up particular singles from the album, nothing appears leading me to believe they didn’t have actual singles, but just did some promotional appearances of different songs. I don’t think Carrie will take this path.

Glad to see this album already getting traction even though she hasn’t technically said anything publicly about it yet!! Definitely a market for it.

bigd79

Yes so excited. Carrie making Christmas cd makes me delightful. O Holy Night, What Child Is This and White Christmas are ones I am hoping for the most.

O Holy Night and What Child is This were both on the special christmas edition carnival ride album that has 5 christmas songs on it. You can stream them anywhere or buy them both individually on itunes(she made all 5 available during last Christmas season)

I hope she covers Amy Grant's Breath of Heaven. One of my all time favorite christmas songs. I'll have to think about some others i would like to see

adam1995

O Holy Night and What Child is This were both on the special christmas edition carnival ride album that has 5 christmas songs on it. You can stream them anywhere or buy them both individually on itunes(she made all 5 available during last Christmas season)

I hope she covers Amy Grant's Breath of Heaven. One of my all time favorite christmas songs. I'll have to think about some others i would like to see

I still want "O Holy Night" with her current vocals. She's gotten so much better since then that it would be epic. So hoping she will re-record it.

jimshoe

I still want "O Holy Night" with her current vocals. She's gotten so much better since then that it would be epic. So hoping she will re-record it.

And should could change it up by singing multiple versus... the first recording I believe just repeated the first verse twice which was still worth it because we got the epic high note on the second chorus.

maddkat

Staff member
I'm really hoping she doesn't repeat any of the songs from the CR bonus racks. Been there done that. Too many beautiful Christmas songs out there. I want all new songs ( new new and new old classics)' Also please no Last Christmas, Santa Baby, Baby It's Cold Outside.They've all been done to death.

Some I'd love - Silent Night , It Came Upon A Midnight Clear ,Christmas Needs Love To Be Christmas and Silver Bells.

glenn7

I'm really hoping she doesn't repeat any of the songs from the CR bonus racks. Been there done that. Too many beautiful Christmas songs out there. I want all new songs ( new new and new old classics)' Also please no Last Christmas, Santa Baby, Baby It's Cold Outside.They've all been done to death.

Some I'd love - Silent Night , It Came Upon A Midnight Clear ,Christmas Needs Love To Be Christmas and Silver Bells.

Ditto D. Had a dream last nite she had Isaiah join her in singing "Away In A Manger"

adam1995

And should could change it up by singing multiple versus... the first recording I believe just repeated the first verse twice which was still worth it because we got the epic high note on the second chorus.

Yes, there are like three or four verses, utilize them, because hardly anybody does.

I agree about not repeating the songs that were on the Carnival Ride version, especially now that you can already buy and stream them
now. I feel like they would be pretty different if she redid them, but I can already listen so I want all new. If she did redo one, I would only want O Holy Night I think.