Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

adam1995

I’m surprised there hasn’t been an official press release about the success of the album? Idk I was sorta expecting something like that

What kind of press release? Maybe they will if it goes gold soon, but otherwise do they normally do those things?

Zach1998

I’m surprised there hasn’t been an official press release about the success of the album? Idk I was sorta expecting something like that
I'm sure there probably will be when next Christmas season starts gearing up. It'll help redirect focus on the album when its relevant again. If they did one now it would be wasted resources since its not Christmas time anymore.

PRGuy79

I noticed the year-end top selling albums list from Billboard here: https://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2020/top-album-title-sales.

I am positive that My Gift sold more than some of the albums listed. Do they not consider a Christmas album because it isn't new material? That seems ridiculous that My Gift would be excluded from recognition for such a reason - especially when it sold so well.

Are there other lists where a "specialty" album would receive its rightful recognition?

adam1995

I believe the "year end" ends earlier than the calendar year, so most of MG's sales would have occurred after the chart year ended, otherwise I imagine it would be much higher.

clh_hilary

from Billboard update

it is not in he top 10 sales+streaming. The number ten album there has 440K

So close to No 1! What an amazing achievement for a holiday record released during numerous lockdowns! Dolly's did so well as well!

All in all though, dismal sales for the year! I thought The Chicks were flopping - didn't realize their sales already made No 6 for the year!

Dolly's sales were really surprising, considering the fact that her album sold, I Believe In You, sold only 25,500 copies in total! Her 2017's Pure & Simple did only 117,600 units. I'm not sure how many copies her 2014 album sold.

pkslongbeach

Dolly was all over the place. And during the pandemic she was offering up a lot of homespun wisdom that was getting a lot of attention. So with people looking for a little lift and something familiar during the holidays it would seem that Dolly and Christmas was a perfect match. I was not surprised at all. I am thrilled that Carries did so well. And hers has more potential for longevity for the coming several years. dolly's was likely a short term story.

rcramer

I was actually quite surprised to see Kenny at the top.... He will always be one of my all time favorite male country singers.....

It was a great achievement, but Carrie always prevails....

Zach1998

I was actually quite surprised to see Kenny at the top.... He will always be one of my all time favorite male country singers.....

It was a great achievement, but Carrie always prevails....

Kenny’s sales were front-loaded. He was one of the last artists to benefit from tour bundles with CDs. He purposely waited until the week after his album dropped to cancel his 2020 tour so he could get his bundles. They stopped doing tour bundles shortly after his album released. Without this his sales would have been much lower, probably low enough for Carrie to be #1.

teesharky

from Billboard update

it is not in he top 10 sales+streaming. The number ten album there has 440K

kind of shocked that Dolly sold so well. Wow.

thus is just pure sales right? It does not include streaming?

also
in terms of Gold certification—- with shipments and streaming- carrie should be close right? Thanks.

ChoctawCountyAffair

I won a free gift too, but it is only for the US :(
New website for My Gift. http://carrieswinterwonderland.com/
Love hearing Carrie explain the meaning and why she chose the songs in the behind the songs videos, take a photo in photo booth, and you can win a prize by spinning the wheel.
Hey Guysss! Remember this?? They sent me the album!! To Argentina! I have just received it! I am sooo happy, it is my first Carrie album! (They don't sell them here and it is super expensive to order them from Amazon) I still cant believe it. It is so pretty