Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

Kenny_Chisholm

Signed copy of the CD can be pre-ordered here. Great as gifts:

Reactions: Hil

PRGuy79

I love that Favorite Time of Year will be featured on an album rather than left as an exclusive track. There was too much commercial appeal for that one not to have its own moment to shine. And how exciting that we are getting a new version of All is Well. Carrie and Michael's duet was simply stunning. The reorders from Carrie's most avid fans alone will likely put this album over the threshold for Gold certification - and it drives another holiday season of promotion from Capitol. This is a very smart business decision.

Smokyiiis

Signed copy of the CD can be pre-ordered here. Great as gifts:

SOLD OUT....Limit was 4 per customer....I didn't see it in time to even get one....lol

CU4ever

Favorite Time of Year was already a huge smash last year, I think it’ll be promoted much more this year and do super, super well.

Last year Carrie teased adding songs to the album, so maybe she’ll do it again next year and we will get some newer songs as well!

MelissaD

I wonder why she transposed the key down for "All Is Well" ... her original recording of it was a full step above. Sounded much better in that key. Based on the clip, there's some weird melodyne-like effect on the vocal too. It's obvious on the word "all." I can already tell it's not going to be even half the vocal performance of the 2014 version. That was one of her all-time best studio vocals to date. Not sure why she decided to re-record it. Would have been better to just record one that she hasn't done before, because this is just going to pale in comparison to the previous recording and make for a very underwhelming addition to the album.

monkeyboy16

I wonder why she transposed the key down for "All Is Well" ... her original recording of it was a full step above. Sounded much better in that key. Based on the clip, there's some weird melodyne-like effect on the vocal too. It's obvious on the word "all." I can already tell it's not going to be even half the vocal performance of the 2014 version. That was one of her all-time best studio vocals to date. Not sure why she decided to re-record it. Would have been better to just record one that she hasn't done before, because this is just going to pale in comparison to the previous recording and make for a very underwhelming addition to the album.
Yeah I have to agree. I would have preferred a new song. She made it seem like she had tons of material for future releases. But I guess it’s better to hold off judgment until we hear it in full.

simonplay

I don't think that was the finished product though! Just a clip of when she was recording it, she probably did more takes, she is singing live on that clip so the studio version will be better IMO.

FanSince04

Man, everybody is a critic 😂 I know I love Carrie’s impressive, high notes and always want to hear more, but I don’t complain about how she sings a song. Not to say anybody is wrong for that, but can YOU sing? Yes, that’s sounds harsh… but genuinely, if you can’t sing and it’s not your song, let the woman sing 😃

adam1995

I mean, I guess she wanted to record it again, and wanted to record it a step down.🤷‍♂️

MelissaD

Man, everybody is a critic 😂 I know I love Carrie’s impressive, high notes and always want to hear more, but I don’t complain about how she sings a song. Not to say anybody is wrong for that, but can YOU sing? Yes, that’s sounds harsh… but genuinely, if you can’t sing and it’s not your song, let the woman sing 😃
I know this was most likely intended as a rhetorical question, but I'll go ahead and answer anyway - YES, I can and do know how to sing. But that's neither here nor there, and is also quite frankly a very juvenile point to make and question to ask just because you disagree with someone's opinion- as though it bears any relevance to anything. It's just a vapid, overused, and cheap attempt to deligitimize an expressed sentiment that you either don't appreciate and/or just wholly disagree with. Let's say that the recipe of your favorite dish at your absolute favorite restaurant was suddenly changed, but you preferred the original recipe and kind of resent the fact that it was even changed. Now, say you didn't cook or didn't know how to cook ... should that fact entirely negate your opinion and your right to duly express it, as a long-time faithful and loyal customer of the establishment? It's the same thing. I don't like the key change; I think it sounded better in the original key, and there's also some odd type of effect on the vocal (which did not sound like a raw take at all) that I dislike. I have every right in this universe to express both of those points. My thoughts, my preference, my opinion.

FanSince04

I know this was most likely intended as a rhetorical question, but I'll go ahead and answer anyway - YES, I can and do know how to sing. But that's neither here nor there, and is also quite frankly a very juvenile point to make and question to ask just because you disagree with someone's opinion- as though it bears any relevance to anything. It's just a vapid, overused, and cheap attempt to deligitimize an expressed sentiment that you either don't appreciate and/or just wholly disagree with. Let's say that the recipe of your favorite dish at your absolute favorite restaurant was suddenly changed, but you preferred the original recipe and kind of resent the fact that it was even changed. Now, say you didn't cook or didn't know how to cook ... should that fact entirely negate your opinion and your right to duly express it, as a long-time faithful and loyal customer of the establishment? It's the same thing. I don't like the key change; I think it sounded better in the original key, and there's also some odd type of effect on the vocal (which did not sound like a raw take at all) that I dislike. I have every right in this universe to express both of those points. My thoughts, my preference, my opinion.
As you did and have. Yes, my question was valid. Calling it juvenile because it upset you doesn’t make it so. We can agree to disagree. I stand by what I said. Too many people comment on things they can’t or don’t do. Again, let the woman sing. Have a great day!

MelissaD

As you did and have. Yes, my question was valid. Calling it juvenile because it upset you doesn’t make it so. We can agree to disagree. I stand by what I said. Too many people comment on things they can’t or don’t do. Again, let the woman sing. Have a great day!
Upset me? Lol, my threshold for "getting upset" is substantially beyond the reach of some random on the internet asking me if I can sing in response to an opinion that I posted, LOL! Again, it's just a very silly point, and falls under the corny but predictable "can you do better?" go-to rebuttal of 15-year-old stans trying to checkmate anyone serving opinions that they don't like, lol. But do you!