Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Savior (Christian album)

adam1995

The more I think about it, the more it seems likely the John Carter Cash/Reba connection is for this album. If so, John Carter Cash may be the producer for the entire project.

I'm thinking that's what it is for, but dang, I wish it was for a regular album from either of them.

I’m not entirely convinced it would make sense for this album to be considered a legacy project other than the fact that the songs aren’t going to be brand new. I was thinking it would more so be Carrie and Reba honoring a different artist’s legacy. I could be entirely wrong though.

Zach1998

I wouldn’t read too much into her comment about it being a “legacy project,” because in a way she was kind of put on the spot in that interview. Whoever posted the picture of the two of them probably didn’t have permission to do so, because if that was news Carrie wanted the world to know atm she would have announced it. So when she was presented with information that she hasn’t even spoke of yet she probably was just trying to be as vague as possible. Who knows I might be wrong, but I feel like the Reba duet is for this, because what else was she going to say when put on the spot like that, “oh I’m dropping a gospel album that I haven’t announced yet?”

FanSince04

I haven’t shared this on here so this should be new, but my dad is actually a radio DJ. He spent ten years of his career hosting the morning show at the local Christian radio station. You’re probably wondering why I say this lol.

He and I would talk about music and charts... since that is literally what he does for a living. I used to ask why JTTW and SITW weren’t played on Christian radio. His simple answer is radio stations pander to their audience... in his case women in their mid-30s & she is a secular artist. Most radio stations even had issues with Francesca Battistelli’s song, “Angel By Your Side”, because they felt the lyrics suggested we people are angels and taking the place of God.

Also, he stated Christian radio like Country radio has a major gender issue. Most males, no matter their age, get played over females. They favor the motto of “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it!” So artists like Michael W. Smith, Matthew West, Casting Crowns, Third Day, and NEEDTOBREATHE will receive airplay when they release new music.

It would be my wish for Carrie to perform a song with Lauren Daigle or Mandisa for the simple fact that I love their voices. Also, Kari Jobe or Tenth Avenue North would be welcomed too. I believe their voices would blend well together; however, I would also encourage a duet with Hillsong UNITED... but drama within the church they originate from might steer Carrie away from that.

lizcarlo

When she sings religious songs she has such passion pouring through her. She seemed so happy and excited. I am excited for My Savior. I am stoked its coming out so soon.

adam1995

I wouldn’t read too much into her comment about it being a “legacy project,” because in a way she was kind of put on the spot in that interview. Whoever posted the picture of the two of them probably didn’t have permission to do so, because if that was news Carrie wanted the world to know atm she would have announced it. So when she was presented with information that she hasn’t even spoke of yet she probably was just trying to be as vague as possible. Who knows I might be wrong, but I feel like the Reba duet is for this, because what else was she going to say when put on the spot like that, “oh I’m dropping a gospel album that I haven’t announced yet?”

The person who posted the picture was John Carter Cash, from his studio. He is a producer, so it's interesting, that possibly that he is the producer of this album. But, if this is a companion to "My Gift", it would make sense that she kept the same producer.

Josh

I thought she was hinting at a Gospel album with LTBP. But, I just hope to God this one thing. PLEASE don't let it sound like CCM. I despise that sound so much! LTBP had the CCM sound, like the most generic crap ever. It wasn't CCM that drew people to Carrie at first, it was JTTW, which was nothing like what was on radio. Can I send a prayer out that this is country/gospel but nothing hinting to Christian radio? If it is, she'll just be preaching to the choir, if I can use the phrase that way. NOT reaching out or expanding her audience or adding anything unique to her discography or the faith. Sorry, but if this album is ccm, it will be appreciated, but will be a big no from me.

With that, there are a few songs I'd love to hear from her. I been wishing, since I discovered this song, that Carrie would cover "He's Alive". I thought she'd maybe cover it as a 35 year anniversary kind of thing from Dolly Parton performing it in the 80's. I guess it would be sooner than that! I really hope Carrie covers it. I don't listen to gospel often, but I did listen to two songs yesterday on Christmas for "peace" because of covid and whatnot. It was literally "He's Alive" by Dolly and Tasha Cobbs "You Know My Name". Both have very powerful vocals and are perfect for Carrie.

Last edited by a moderator:

cmuf2011

I thought she was hinting at a Gospel album with LTBP. But, I just hope to God this one thing. PLEASE don't let it sound like CCM. I despise that sound so much! LTBP had the CCM sound, like the most generic crap ever. It wasn't CCM that drew people to Carrie at first, it was JTTW, which was nothing like what was on radio. Can I send a prayer out that this is country/gospel but nothing hinting to Christian radio? If it is, she'll just be preaching to the choir, if I can use the phrase that way. NOT reaching out or expanding her audience or adding anything unique to her discography or the faith. Sorry, but if this album is ccm, it will be appreciated, but will be a big no from me.

I’m the opposite my favorite music genre in order are

1. Carrie Underwood (not a genre but I can listen to her sing anything)
2. CCM
3. Country

Based on the fact that is traditional hymns that she grew up singing i think the album will be more on the gospel side than on the ccm side though.

Josh

I haven’t shared this on here so this should be new, but my dad is actually a radio DJ. He spent ten years of his career hosting the morning show at the local Christian radio station. You’re probably wondering why I say this lol.

He and I would talk about music and charts... since that is literally what he does for a living. I used to ask why JTTW and SITW weren’t played on Christian radio. His simple answer is radio stations pander to their audience... in his case women in their mid-30s & she is a secular artist. Most radio stations even had issues with Francesca Battistelli’s song, “Angel By Your Side”, because they felt the lyrics suggested we people are angels and taking the place of God.

Also, he stated Christian radio like Country radio has a major gender issue. Most males, no matter their age, get played over females. They favor the motto of “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it!” So artists like Michael W. Smith, Matthew West, Casting Crowns, Third Day, and NEEDTOBREATHE will receive airplay when they release new music.

It would be my wish for Carrie to perform a song with Lauren Daigle or Mandisa for the simple fact that I love their voices. Also, Kari Jobe or Tenth Avenue North would be welcomed too. I believe their voices would blend well together; however, I would also encourage a duet with Hillsong UNITED... but drama within the church they originate from might steer Carrie away from that.

Please no. No! No ccm artists, with all due respect. "Thy Will" had no CCM sound, yet is one of their biggest hits and won Grammys. Music like that, yes. Music like Lauren Daigle and those other artists, NO! And I love Lauren's Adele vocals. She's our good ol Christian country girl. Not a boring, tired, generic ccm artist!

adam1995

With that, there are a few songs I'd love to hear from her. I been wishing, since I discovered this song, that Carrie would cover "He's Alive". I thought she'd maybe cover it as a 35 year anniversary kind of thing from Dolly Parton performing it in the 80's. I guess it would be sooner than that! I really hope Carrie covers it. I don't listen to gospel often, but I did listen to two songs yesterday on Christmas for "peace" because of covid and whatnot. It was literally "He's Alive" by Dolly and Tasha Cobbs "You Know My Name". Both have very powerful vocals and are perfect for Carrie.

I thought about "He's Alive" too. Dolly's performance was so incredible, and really Carrie could really nail it. Plus, with it being so close to Easter when it comes out, that song would be perfect.

Also, maybe "Three Wooden Crosses" by Randy Travis. It doesn't lean into Gospel as much as it does country, but the faith based message is still very much the theme. However, she said hymns she grew up with, so those may not be there.

Josh

I’m the opposite my favorite music genre in order are

1. Carrie Underwood (not a genre but I can listen to her sing anything)
2. CCM
3. Country

Based on the fact that is traditional hymns that she grew up singing i think the album will be more on the gospel side than on the ccm side though.

Thank God if it's more on the Gospel side!! By the way, I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I grew up with CCM myself as that's what my family always played. But, their sound is extremely repetitive and has a certain "feeling" to it. I can't explain, but it's not something that makes me feel spiritual, it makes me want to stay away from spirituality, if anything.

Josh

I thought about "He's Alive" too. Dolly's performance was so incredible, and really Carrie could really nail it. Plus, with it being so close to Easter when it comes out, that song would be perfect.

Also, maybe "Three Wooden Crosses" by Randy Travis. It doesn't lean into Gospel as much as it does country, but the faith based message is still very much the theme. However, she said hymns she grew up with, so those may not be there.

Yes!!! I love "Three Wooden Crosses" and the twist to it! But, it definitely might not fit in a Gospel record. I love Dolly Parton's version, but I imagine Carrie singing in another gospel artist called David Phelp's version, as that's closer to her amazing power vocals, especially at the end. Oh Lord, if she sings it like him...

Josh

Three Wooden Crosses, or a song like it, would be amazing on a more traditional country record. She'll get to have the faith song without shoving it in anyone's faces. And, it certainly might be more relatable to a lot of people. I'd definitely love more twists in her music like something different, unexpected.

FanSince04

Please no. No! No ccm artists, with all due respect. "Thy Will" had no CCM sound, yet is one of their biggest hits and won Grammys. Music like that, yes. Music like Lauren Daigle and those other artists, NO! And I love Lauren's Adele vocals. She's our good ol Christian country girl. Not a boring, tired, generic ccm artist!

We will agree to disagree.

_luvqry

I guess McCrary Sisters will be a part of this album as well and hopefully they will use them better.

Bookgirl36

She said in the video for the song when talking about the song itself,she said that LTBP was meant to be simple enough for people to sing along with,it wasn’t meant to be complicated. I didn’t think LTBP was generic at all,to me it had that gospel feel that obviously flowed into making My Savior. I grew up in the church and CCM was literally what I listened to growing up so it’s music that I’m familiar with myself.I don’t understand what your ambivalence is towards the genre because it OD a genre that Carrie could do quite easily. It may be a no from you but obviously this album is something that she truly is passionate about and can tell that the music that’s on that album is her heart & soul in a nutshell. I can see what you’re saying about CCM being generic and totally bland because that’s a huge part of the reason I stopped listening to that type of music. I’ve listened to it in the car with my mom and it doesn’t seem like a genre that has changed a lot in 20+ years because you hear the same songs now that you did years ago. I can see why you don’t like CCM as a whole but it just seems strange coming from someone who probably listened to that type of music for a long time.

Why is CCM such a big deal when Carrie has never even mentioned that with this album? I really don't think we have to worry about it.

holding0n2jesus

I’m going to have to skip this one... I’m not religious in the slightest. I just can’t stomach the music. But I do hope it does very well for her. I love seeing her so happy getting to record music that she loves even if it may not be my cup of tea. Hopefully we get a mainstream album sometime next year too, 💜

adam1995

I’m going to have to skip this one... I’m not religious in the slightest. I just can’t stomach the music. But I do hope it does very well for her. I love seeing her so happy getting to record music that she loves even if it may not be my cup of tea. Hopefully we get a mainstream album sometime next year too, 

You're not religious but your name here is "Holding on to Jesus", lol.