Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Savior (Christian album)

FanSince04

Interesting. I thought the country genre discount only affected songs. That’s nice! Although, I think it’s cheating when songs and albums get discounted 😂

FanSince04

They're still getting sold whether full price or half.
Yes, but in terms of positions on charts it’s cheating. Discounting songs or albums so more people buy them allowing for easy #1’s. I know Mariah Carey was criticized for doing this early on in her career, so people debate the authenticity of her #1’s. I’m not saying Carrie is cheating or anything, rather, itunes discounting genres makes it an unfair advantage for some songs over others.

monkeyboy16

If she released the album from the very beginning at a discounted price, I can understand the criticism of possible “cheating,” but this is just for promo purposes at this point. Having it at a higher chart position brings it to peoples attention.

maddkat

Staff member
Yes, but in terms of positions on charts it’s cheating. Discounting songs or albums so more people buy them allowing for easy #1’s. I know Mariah Carey was criticized for doing this early on in her career, so people debate the authenticity of her #1’s. I’m not saying Carrie is cheating or anything, rather, itunes discounting genres makes it an unfair advantage for some songs over others.
albums go on sale. are you against sales?
selling your album for 99 cents or $4.99 on release day to boost first week sales is cheating

FanSince04

albums go on sale. are you against sales?
selling your album for 99 cents or $4.99 on release day to boost first week sales is cheating
You stated my point in your last sentence. Ed Sheeran’s new song has been on sale for $0.69 since release day. Also, I never said I’m against sales. I said getting positions on charts due to dropping prices is cheating to me.

maddkat

Staff member
"My Savior – Carrie Underwood
Carrie Underwood offered fans a double dose of excitement when she released two albums back-to-back with her 2020 holiday album, My Gift, and companion project, My Savior, that arrived in time for Easter Sunday in 2021.The latter serves as the country superstar’s gospel debut that could’ve simply been a covers album featuring the hymns she grew up singing in church in Oklahoma. Instead, the faith-based singer pours her heart and soul into each cherished number, whether serving as a gentle, guiding spirit on “Softly and Tenderly” and “Just As I Am,” or embodying the awe-inspiring message of “How Great Thou Art” and trading breathtaking vocals with gospel legend CeCe Winans on a stellar rendition of “Great is Thy Faithfulness.” One can truly feel Underwood’s spirit throughout My Savior, making it one of the year’s best."

PRGuy79

I think the timing of the price reduction and return of the album to the top of the I-Tunes chart bodes well for the studio's plan to promote this as a serious album of the year candidate.

adam1995

I doubt Album of the Year (award or nomination) is in the cards, but it is really nice to see the acceptance and praise for the album.