Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Savior (Christian album)

Bookgirl36

I’m so excited! I wonder when the tracklist will be revealed and if we’re getting any originals

Strangely enough,I was just wondering about that. I have to wonder if anymore originals came out of those Zoom songwriting sessions with Brett James & David Garcia than just what was on My Gift. I have to think that there at least has to be some originals on the gospel album that came out of those sessions.I’m so excited to see the track list & if there are some more originals like there was on My Gift.

ramb

I’m not religious, but I gotta admit that some of my favorite Carrie songs are gospel-ish (JTTW, SITW and her renditions of HGTA). I’m very excited about this project, specially because she seems to be so proud of this record.
Hopefully we’ll get a regular album by the end of 2021, if we’re lucky! But for now, this is fantastic!

PRGuy79

that is good news, but I will admit that I was hoping for CU7 announcement. Now my hopes for it being in 2021 are gone.

I am guessing that there is enough uncertainty with the pandemic that the label is likely not convinced that 2021 is the right time to release an album with promotion that depends, at least in part, on aggressive touring. This likely means that the Spring, 2022 will be the earliest that Carrie could launch an album simultaneously with a tour. This keeps her out there, with the potential for increased following across multiple genres, while the world has time to return to normal.

This fulfills Carrie's desire as an artist and as a Christian. And it also aligns with what many of us fans have been hoping for. It is a win-win for everyone.

txacar

The album I've always wanted from Carrie. I hope she fills it with all of the old standard hymns we know so well from Church. I've loved Alan Jackson's gospel albums. Carrie's will be something extra special. Now, all I want from her are a covers album and rock album -- then if I leave this world I'll be a happy camper.

PRGuy79

I wonder if Greg Wells will return as producer. It would make sense - especially since she describes the project as a companion to My Gift.

Momin

This is great. I think she is able to establish herself more formally now in the Christian/Christmas/gospel world after flirting with it for years.

I also think that we might get new original music by the end of 2021. She feels like she is in a creative headspace and the label probably wants to keep the momentum going too. And with so many zoom sessions and stuff, I think she must have written new material.

cmuf2011

So excited for My Savior here’s is my guess in the tracklist note I only know the Album title and that it has gospel songs on it. So please don’t go around saying this is the tracklist. In random order ie whatever hymn pops in my head first

1. How Great Thou Art
2. Blessed be your name
3. Duet with Reba (disclaimer this isn’t confirmed well the duet is confirmed we just don’t know what’s the duet is for)
4. Days of Elijah
5. Amazing grace
6. Sweet by and by
7. It is well with my soul
8. Jesus loves me (featuring Isaiah and/or Jacob)
9. Because he lives
10. He knows my name
11. There’s power in the blood
12. Original

Last edited:

Momin

Didn't Carrie say in an interview that the Reba duet is for a legends project? So don't think it's for this.

^ The photos of Carrie & Reba was posted by late Johnny Cash’s son at his record studio. It so happened the legend “Man in Black” had recorded lot of Gospel songs during his years. The much talk about secret project could be either covering one of his hits, unreleased demos or none at all. So far, this is just speculation on my part. Nothing conclusive until the final track lists.

Definitely there will be few original songs in My Savior album. Honestly, without Hallelujah, My gift will just be another Christmas album you can choose from various artists. In fact, I believe LTBP was originally written intended for My Savior but change their mind. This mean Carrie still have other new ones.
Let’s hope C.U. team do the same strategy as My Gift so that we, the hungry fans may save from starvation by My Savior either late Jan. or early Feb.

maddkat

Staff member
What a nice surprise to be getting another album in 3 months!
Anxious to see if its all covers or if she throws a few originals in there.

Smokyiiis

I dont think Carrie has it in her to release a completely covers album out there.....she’ll set it all on fire with some glorious originals on there that’ll zip right to number one on the Christian charts. Come on...it’s Carrie! Ya know? Lol

DaisyTweets

Wow, this is awesome news!!! If the originals are as good and glorious as Something In the Water (I LOVE this song) then I say I hope we get a double CD!!!!! One with covers and one with originals!!! The best part of this, is knowing that without a doubt every word she sings she means it with her whole heart!!! I have a feeling I'm going to be dancing and rising my hands in praise a whole bunch!!!!

Jane-Alex

I am guessing that there is enough uncertainty with the pandemic that the label is likely not convinced that 2021 is the right time to release an album with promotion that depends, at least in part, on aggressive touring. This likely means that the Spring, 2022 will be the earliest that Carrie could launch an album simultaneously with a tour. This keeps her out there, with the potential for increased following across multiple genres, while the world has time to return to normal.

This fulfills Carrie's desire as an artist and as a Christian. And it also aligns with what many of us fans have been hoping for. It is a win-win for everyone.
Yes, that makes sense 2022 would be better, though My Gift had really good promotion, so it could easily be in 2021 and then tour would start 2022. Hopefully she will at least release first single at the end of 2021.
Its not that I am not excited about this album, its just I am not religious....

DaisyTweets

Hmm, maybe it will be just all covers -- just watched her message again and she says 'gospel hymns she grew up singing'. Oh whatever it is I know I'm going to love it. LOVE IT!!!

glenn7

I concur. Great pts.

simonplay

I only know the hymns she has been performing over the years, so it will be almost all new songs for me.. lol

glenn7

The album I've always wanted from Carrie. I hope she fills it with all of the old standard hymns we know so well from Church. I've loved Alan Jackson's gospel albums. Carrie's will be something extra special. Now, all I want from her are a covers album and rock album -- then if I leave this world I'll be a happy camper.

Amen, my thoughts too!