Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Savior (Christian album)

MSCarriefan

I went back to watch the video announcement, you can really tell how much her heart is in this project. Her whole face lights up when she says she is talking about the album and Jesus

adam1995

Wow this is unexpected. Glad she's doing what she wants. This isn't my thing, but good for her. We probably aren't going to get a regular album in 2021, though, so that's unfortunate, and this is probably what the Reba duet is for, which also bums me out as I was hoping for a duet on a studio album (though it guess it could be on Reba's, but Carries comment about it makes me doubt that.

Since Carrie just got her 2nd and 3rd Hot Christian #1s, she's coming for at least two more, lol.

This should however make for good Grammy chances in Christian categories. Maybe Carrie and Reba (if she's on it) can score at least one.

Also, I bet this is packaged together with "My Gift" next Christmas.

Smokyiiis

The thought of this album coming makes me smile. Hopefully another Grammy! Just fits so well with Carrie....and I’ve so enjoyed SITW and JTTW! This album will be the very ESSENCE of Carrie.

Bookgirl36

I am guessing that there is enough uncertainty with the pandemic that the label is likely not convinced that 2021 is the right time to release an album with promotion that depends, at least in part, on aggressive touring. This likely means that the Spring, 2022 will be the earliest that Carrie could launch an album simultaneously with a tour. This keeps her out there, with the potential for increased following across multiple genres, while the world has time to return to normal.

This fulfills Carrie's desire as an artist and as a Christian. And it also aligns with what many of us fans have been hoping for. It is a win-win for everyone.

I have to say that seems pretty accurate to me. There is just so much uncertainty with everything relating to the pandemic that the label isn’t convinced that next year is the right time to release an album with original material that would probably depend on a lot of promotion & touring. For me,it just doesn’t make sense to release an original album with brand new material when nobody knows what the next year is going to hold with touring & promoting music.I could see a new album of original material & promotion & touring maybe in 2022 but next year doesn’t seem realistic to me either. This new project keeps her name out there with a ton of potential for increased following with new fans and across multiple genres while the world has time to return to some semblance of normalcy whatever that looks like.This fulfills her desire as an artist & as a Christian & it fulfills her desire to do an album of songs that are truly close to her heart.It also fulfills a desire that many of the fans have been asking for so it really is a win win across the board.

Bookgirl36

I went back to watch the video announcement, you can really tell how much her heart is in this project. Her whole face lights up when she says she is talking about the album and Jesus

I have to say I agree. Her whole face just glows & lights up when she talked about the album & how she feels her soul is in a good place to make this album.You can truly tell that this isn’t just a passion project for her, you can tell that her heart & soul is in this project & that it’s truly at the core of who she is as a person & an artist.Obviously,you can tell I’m excited about this project just by talking about it.

Louisa

Yay! Carrie made our Christmas with this announcement. So exciting to have new music to look forward to and I hope the album features some originals too. Hope everyone had a good Christmas Day.

FanSince04

I doubt there will be a collaboration, but imagine her voice with Lauren Daigle or another Michael W. Smith collab!

FanSince04

^with all due respect to Michael I really hope there's no collab with him.

I do not like his voice, but in the Christian music world he is a big wig. If she were to collab with Matthew West or Mercy Me (even though they are a band), that’d score another number 1. I highly doubt she is doing for number ones, but it’d be a sure bet and last on the charts.

Zach1998

What if she has an original on here that blows up like Something in the water did. I would so be here for that as it’s one of her best songs.

Michael Reid

New Carrie Album My Savior announced

Carrie Announced her new album My Savior, a companion sister album to My Gift, of Gospel Hymns. Carrie is really spending her time wisely during this time. Having 2 new albums within 5 months. No release date, just stated out prior to Easter, which is April 4th. I would imagine sometime in March. If she did this all together with the recording of My Gift, hope this doesn’t delay the full new country album. So excited!!!!

Bookgirl36

I doubt there will be a collaboration, but imagine her voice with Lauren Daigle or another Michael W. Smith collab!

This is just pure speculation on my part but I have to think there’s at least ONE collaboration on the album given some of her connections to the Christian music world.This is literally two of my worlds colliding in the best way so it’s obvious that I’m pretty pumped about this project.My parents & myself love Lauren’s voice & Michael W. Smiths music was a huge part of my life growing up in the church so I would be pretty open to a collaboration with either him or Lauren.

Farawayhills

That's interesting news. Carrie says that it will be based around hymns she heard growing up, so I'm quite hopeful that it will include a leaning towards traditional gospel music - something that I'd like to hear from Carrie.

The Music Universe are hinting that it might involve John Carter Cash (son of Johnny and June) - I think at this stage that that is only speculation, based on reports that she was at his production studio earlier (together with Reba McEntire), but it is intriguing!

DaisyTweets

Gosh, I must be weird because I only want Carrie! Maybe the next Christian album she can have collaborators!

Also, I listen to the local Christian radio station 24x7 and contrary to some comments made above, MWS is not that big on radio anymore. In fact, All Is Well is his only song that is played at Christmas time. And outside of this time of year he isn't played at all.

PRGuy79

The more I think about it, the more it seems likely the John Carter Cash/Reba connection is for this album. If so, John Carter Cash may be the producer for the entire project.