Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Savior (Christian album)

Eder Rodrigues

Now a music video for one of the songs would be amazing! I believe these performances are supposed to be the music videos... that is at least what is seems when her team released snippets of the fb concert through VEVO.
I was thinking the same. I believe they won't be releasing singles at christian radio, neither releasing music videos.

Reactions: mbh

FanSince04

I know people on FB who commented positively about her medley at the ACM awards. So I know that did have an impact.
Yes, fb seems to be in constant support of Carrie! I don’t pay much kind to Taste of Country since it’s almost like the People or US magazine of country music 😂

FanSince04

My Savior is back to #2 on the iTunes Charts. Also, anybody know what position for the BB Country albums My Savior is this week? I know it’s #23 all genre.

adam1995

My Savior is back to #2 on the iTunes Charts. Also, anybody know what position for the BB Country albums My Savior is this week? I know it’s #23 all genre.
Depends on how many country albums are ahead of it. If there is a chart with her at #23 we just need to know what country albums are ahead of her.

FanSince04

Still #2 on the charts! I know it doesn’t mean sales are huge, but it means the audience is there for it. I’d love to see their plan for getting her streams up! Carrie is a superstar and could easily pull in streams, so I’m baffled as to why this is an issue.

adam1995

Still #2 on the charts! I know it doesn’t mean sales are huge, but it means the audience is there for it. I’d love to see their plan for getting her streams up! Carrie is a superstar and could easily pull in streams, so I’m baffled as to why this is an issue.
I hope there is a plan for the next album for this. I can see "My Savior" not having huge streams, as the audience for streaming and Gospel music likely doesn't overlap a ton. She needs music videos that are events and an aggressive push on country playlists. Her teams needs to get her within the first ten songs on those playlist, in my opinion. Music videos should be debuted on Facebook and Youtube simultaneously, and on the day on the single release. Maybe even alternate versions of the video as well released a few weeks later to keep streaming up.

I really hope the push is massive. Get that CMA EOTY!

FanSince04

I hope there is a plan for the next album for this. I can see "My Savior" not having huge streams, as the audience for streaming and Gospel music likely doesn't overlap a ton. She needs music videos that are events and an aggressive push on country playlists. Her teams needs to get her within the first ten songs on those playlist, in my opinion. Music videos should be debuted on Facebook and Youtube simultaneously, and on the day on the single release. Maybe even alternate versions of the video as well released a few weeks later to keep streaming up.

I really hope the push is massive. Get that CMA EOTY!
Should have happened with Cry Pretty, but it didn’t. Sure the music video for “CP” and “DA” were cinematic in a way. Maybe she doesn’t want that to be the focus... this label did give her the Christmas and Gospel album so that’s a plus in my book. Streaming will fade away too... not anytime soon, but all things change and evolve.

adam1995

Should have happened with Cry Pretty, but it didn’t. Sure the music video for “CP” and “DA” were cinematic in a way. Maybe she doesn’t want that to be the focus... this label did give her the Christmas and Gospel album so that’s a plus in my book. Streaming will fade away too... not anytime soon, but all things change and evolve.
Yes, maybe Carrie is a factor in not doing videos big, but I really hope we get really great ones back in this next era.

Zach1998

Wanted to co-sign the argument that her team needs to focus on streaming. It's the new way the younger audience is receiving music; so if they could grasp it and add to her already remarkable pure sale numbers she pulls she would be all set. My main issue is how they pick songs for Spotify's major playlist (Hot Country Songs). Apple Music has been good about adding her newest singles to their major playlist shortly after they release, but Spotify doesn't. Spotify usually adds the first two singles from the album to the major playlist early on, but the later singles get added late. Southbound was added late and Drinking Alone was added the final month before her label stopped promoting it to radio. I saw them do this with Gabby's "The Good Ones" too (when it was a huge hit and selling like crazy before hand), they waited until it was top 20 to add it, just like DA. I feel like they need an audit or something because it doesn't add up. Also think larger budget music videos need to come back. I haven't really cared for any of her videos since the Greatest Hits era; they haven't been terrible, more so just "there." Her videos during the Blown Away era were true moments, and the amount of views on those respective videos proves that.

FanSince04

Wanted to co-sign the argument that her team needs to focus on streaming. It's the new way the younger audience is receiving music; so if they could grasp it and add to her already remarkable pure sale numbers she pulls she would be all set. My main issue is how they pick songs for Spotify's major playlist (Hot Country Songs). Apple Music has been good about adding her newest singles to their major playlist shortly after they release, but Spotify doesn't. Spotify usually adds the first two singles from the album to the major playlist early on, but the later singles get added late. Southbound was added late and Drinking Alone was added the final month before her label stopped promoting it to radio. I saw them do this with Gabby's "The Good Ones" too (when it was a huge hit and selling like crazy before hand), they waited until it was top 20 to add it, just like DA. I feel like they need an audit or something because it doesn't add up. Also think larger budget music videos need to come back. I haven't really cared for any of her videos since the Greatest Hits era; they haven't been terrible, more so just "there." Her videos during the Blown Away era were true moments, and the amount of views on those respective videos proves that.
I endorse this message. Although, I think some factors needed to look at here that may never be known are the following: Carrie’s level of interest, order of priorities, focuses, and values. Bottom line is record companies make money off an artist. Any record company with Carrie on their roster would want to promote her as much as possible, but the artist has some say too. I know this goes back to the whole switching labels topic, but part of that was freedom. Take that how you will.