Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Savior: Live from the Ryman 4-4-21

Cry Pretty was recorded as her first album with Universal Music Group's Capitol Records Nashville - so her former catalog has nothing to do with releasing the Cry Pretty DVD, which would be exclusive to Universal.
Yes, CP tour can be made into dvd by Universal label but only songs Carrie sang produced by them & probably medley tribute. The others were under Arista label copyrights & need permission right or co-produced. That’s why many were surprise Carrie didn’t fight & left all her songs catalogue to Arista as she can’t re-recorded old songs like JTTW or BHC. Exceptions are public domains like hymn. Best example HGTA.

simonplay

Forget about CP DVD, it will not happen. The stumbling block is Carrie former record label. Remember Carrie left all her songs catalogue to Arista. If you look at the US music copyright, they consist of two. One for songwriters & other record label. This mean Carrie can sing her old songs live at any places but can’t make record CD or DVD unless Arista is involved. That is, sharing profits or permission rights. The only way for Carrie free to do is to buy back her songs catalog if Arista agree or wait for copyrights expire. That could be a long time.
I think that's the case for studio releases! Not live video recordings..

I think that's the case for studio releases! Not live video recordings..
It's the same. As long as they involve recording whether it is studio o live concert. Actually, someone here posted in one particular concert, there are camera crews filming & when ask, its for DVD. Don't you thinks the CP tour DVD should have been release by now? Obviously the two parties had met but negotiation fell through. Hopefully they final settle the differences for the sake of Carrie & her fans & release in time for CMA EOTY perhaps?

simonplay

It's the same. As long as they involve recording whether it is studio o live concert. Actually, someone here posted in one particular concert, there are camera crews filming & when ask, its for DVD. Don't you thinks the CP tour DVD should have been release by now? Obviously the two parties had met but negotiation fell through. Hopefully they final settle the differences for the sake of Carrie & her fans & release in time for CMA EOTY perhaps?
I don't think that Carrie and her label would record a concert for a DVD without knowing if they can release it..

Sony owns the old recordings but not new recordings (even live) .

Ok, before going further off topic, I’m basing one of our local artist years ago having same situation as Carrie. One fan explained what I just did. By the way, our copyright laws are practically the same as the U.S. Up to now, the artist much acclaim live concert had not made into dvd or cd despite fans clamor. Turn out they may face legal battle too expensive for small label. I’m no law expert & familiar with U.S. law & I could be wrong. The main point is that:

Cry Pretty tour was hailed & considered by many critics & fans one of the best concerts ever stage in 2019. Productions wise, better than Storyteller tour, later a dvd from Arista label. Even CMA experts predict Carrie her first EOTY. Therefor the question is, if there are no obstacles as some of you pointed out, how come Universal group, global no.1 record industry, did not take advantage of Carrie worldwide popularity & made dvd for her fans collections ahead of My Savior. If there is one, we are already in mid-2021, what is the delay? Error judgment? Mishandled? Should Carrie go back to Arista after contract expire?

Final note & move on: I love to see this happen & prove my views wrong. Carrie singing her many no.1 hits acoustic live say, at Ryman theater, fan club party or other places and later, an audio cd & dvd exclusively produced by Universal group without questionable circumstances.

mbh

Additionally, on July 23, a TV special featuring performances from the My Savior: LIVE From The Ryman DVD will air on networks including PBS, DIRECTV, DISH TV, Circle TV, TBN, RFD-TV and more; and it will air in Canada on The Miracle Channel, Vision TV, Hope TV and CTS (Crossroads). The special will also air on GAITHERTV (Roku/Apple/Amazon) and on the Gaither TV YouTube Channel for a limited time beginning July 23.

Pre-orders of the My Savior: LIVE From The Ryman DVD will begin on June 14 at Amazon, Walmart, Target, and other national retailers, in addition to Gaither Music. https://lnk.to/MySaviorDVDCU
I pre-ordered my DVD at "walmart.com". No pre-order yet at Amazon.com.

Ok, before going further off topic, I’m basing one of our local artist years ago having same situation as Carrie. One fan explained what I just did. By the way, our copyright laws are practically the same as the U.S. Up to now, the artist much acclaim live concert had not made into dvd or cd despite fans clamor. Turn out they may face legal battle too expensive for small label. I’m no law expert & familiar with U.S. law & I could be wrong. The main point is that:

Cry Pretty tour was hailed & considered by many critics & fans one of the best concerts ever stage in 2019. Productions wise, better than Storyteller tour, later a dvd from Arista label. Even CMA experts predict Carrie her first EOTY. Therefor the question is, if there are no obstacles as some of you pointed out, how come Universal group, global no.1 record industry, did not take advantage of Carrie worldwide popularity & made dvd for her fans collections ahead of My Savior. If there is one, we are already in mid-2021, what is the delay? Error judgment? Mishandled? Should Carrie go back to Arista after contract expire?

Final note & move on: I love to see this happen & prove my views wrong. Carrie singing her many no.1 hits acoustic live say, at Ryman theater, fan club party or other places and later, an audio cd & dvd exclusively produced by Universal group without questionable circumstances.

I doubt a CP Tour DVD is coming at this point, but the huge delay could very well be due to the pandemic. Most CD releases and many other things have been delayed or outright canceled due to the pandemic. In person meetings were not happening. Many people didn't have their usual income. Could be a resource/supply issue or even a facility production/worker issue. Covid disrupted most everything. Carrie and her people's priorities/plan could have changed as well. I am just glad that we are getting the Ryman DVD. I think we are getting this DVD instead of the CP Tour, since that ended quite a while ago now. I'd still love to have it though. I'll be putting my pre-order in on Amazon for the Ryman DVD and hopefully it will arrive a day or two early. I'll be seeing Carrie in person on July 23, so that will be a great day!