Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Nashville'

liz278

Maybe another cable network will pick it up. There are a lot of cable networks that would love to get the ratings Nashville gets for their network.

Kizmet311

According to this interview with Charles Esten (the interview was actually with Storme Warren), they shot alternate endings to the storylines in case of non-renewal. Let's hope those alternate scenes can give at least some of our favorite characters happy endings to their currently sad situations. Although I would love it if another network picked it up for next season.

Charles Esten Comments on 'Nashville' Cancellation

stuffy

I was looking forward to the new show runners hopefully fixing the Maddie mess next year unfortunately now we'll never know. I haven't enjoyed it at all this year because of Maddie and all the new people. Also there wasn't enough Rayna and Julliette interacting even before Hayden took a break for her ppd.

teesharky

This week sucked in the sense that no one is happy (still). How will they wrap up all these arcs and hot messes they created in one final episode? Ugh.

They least they could have done was give us a 2 hour special finale.

carebearcarrie

I really do think another network will pick it up. Twitter is still blowing up with #bringbackNashville. Even the actors from the show are doing it. And Lions Gate is in in the works of talking to other networks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kizmet311

I hope they do bring it back, because it does seem like a LOT to wrap up in the finale. I think Luke/Will are in a pretty good spot with their storylines. Luke's son is proud of him and Will has finally decided to step up and defend himself rather than hide. Scarlett and Gunnar's mess has gone from bad to worse, though. If they weren't going to let them get back together, they should have let them keep their boyfriend (the doctor) and girlfriend (the sound tech). Layla is such a little manipulative/whiny B, but at least it looks like Avery might be feeling a little jealous of Juliette with Noah (even though it didn't last). Layla just wants to be what Juliette was and that isn't what Avery wants anymore with the spotlight and fame, so it looks like he and Juliette may be more on the same page of how they want to live their lives than in the past. I would rather have seen more attention on the Maddie storyline this week, rather than see Deacon and Rayna in counseling. I am so done with Deacon at this point - I just want a happy ending for Rayna with Maddie. Deacon screwed that up for her and all he does is feel sorry for himself rather than be a man about it. He just wants to take the easy way out of everything and give up. He's an idiot and I hate that they've made me feel that way about his character.

rainbow1

Maybe they did that because of her health problems. She said she was going to take a break and take care of her health.

sam_vzla

Well at least almost everyone got a good "ending" except for Juliette of course. I'm sad it was a rushed end; I mean, yes, I was getting tired of the show, but I wanted a true final season, to have the show end properly, it could have been a shorter season with 16 episodes, but I'm not sure if there so much more to do with the stories, and that's why I'm not sure if another network is going to pick this up.

Kizmet311

I have to say that even though parts might have been a little rushed/contrived, I was overall satisfied with the finale, even if the show doesn't get picked back up. Not knowing what happens with Juliette sucks, but I am at least glad that Avery finally saw through Layla and that he was about to give Juliette another chance. In my mind, if the show doesn't get picked up, I'm just going to pretend it was a glitch and that Juliette survives and they live happily ever after, lol. I guess the plane crash would have given them an out if they were renewed and Hayden wasn't able to come back to the show. Even if it's picked up by another network, they kind of needed that out for the same reason. I am also glad that they let Juliette come clean about what happened with Jeff and that Glenn fired Layla. Layla deserves to be miserable for a long, long time for everything she has done lately.

The other part that I thought was a little contrived/rushed was Luke seeming to show feelings for his ex-wife out of nowhere. Perhaps it was just part of this long revelation he has been having about living his life right and missing what he used to have with a family. I guess it isn't that unnatural. People go back to their exes all the time, especially when they're feeling lonely. I've been saying that Luke needs a woman so I am glad that he was started on the path to a possible happy future with his ex, or at least his kids.

And I guess this part was rushed too, but I don't care, because I was tired of Maddie being a brat. If they had dedicated some time in last week's episode to how things were going with her deal in NY it wouldn't have seemed so rushed, but I thought they pulled it together nicely with the letter from Rayna and I am glad that Deacon redeemed himself a little by not going off on the guy since Maddie was asking him not to fight. I'm just happy they are all together again. If the show continues, then hopefully we can see Rayna and Maddie's relationship grow and Rayna give her some room to start her career.

Finally, with Gunnar and Scarlett, I am glad they gave us the happy ending and I love that Autumn didn't get what she wanted! Those two have always been so back and forth with each other, ever since Gunnar started dating Zoe. It's always been a rollercoaster, so I don't think Gunnar suddenly switching back to Scarlett is a stretch. Hopefully since Autumn fired them, we won't have to see her again if the show comes back. I also loved how their manager was supporting Scarlett and telling her to go for it.

Finally, I am glad Will got his chance to say his part and he said it well. It was nice to see his character rise out of that dark, depressed state he had been in.

teesharky

Even in cancellation, Juliette can't get a break. :)

I know right? I am so pissed at her ending. If she died on that plane like patsy Clyne, how ironic since she played Patsy in the movie on the show.

I hate that they didn't give her a happy ending. Those writers are evil. lol

I pray this gets picked up. They can't leave us on that cliffhanger.

teesharky

I have to say that even though parts might have been a little rushed/contrived, I was overall satisfied with the finale, even if the show doesn't get picked back up. Not knowing what happens with Juliette sucks, but I am at least glad that Avery finally saw through Layla and that he was about to give Juliette another chance. In my mind, if the show doesn't get picked up, I'm just going to pretend it was a glitch and that Juliette survives and they live happily ever after, lol. I guess the plane crash would have given them an out if they were renewed and Hayden wasn't able to come back to the show. Even if it's picked up by another network, they kind of needed that out for the same reason. I am also glad that they let Juliette come clean about what happened with Jeff and that Glenn fired Layla. Layla deserves to be miserable for a long, long time for everything she has done lately.

The other part that I thought was a little contrived/rushed was Luke seeming to show feelings for his ex-wife out of nowhere. Perhaps it was just part of this long revelation he has been having about living his life right and missing what he used to have with a family. I guess it isn't that unnatural. People go back to their exes all the time, especially when they're feeling lonely. I've been saying that Luke needs a woman so I am glad that he was started on the path to a possible happy future with his ex, or at least his kids.

And I guess this part was rushed too, but I don't care, because I was tired of Maddie being a brat. If they had dedicated some time in last week's episode to how things were going with her deal in NY it wouldn't have seemed so rushed, but I thought they pulled it together nicely with the letter from Rayna and I am glad that Deacon redeemed himself a little by not going off on the guy since Maddie was asking him not to fight. I'm just happy they are all together again. If the show continues, then hopefully we can see Rayna and Maddie's relationship grow and Rayna give her some room to start her career.

Finally, with Gunnar and Scarlett, I am glad they gave us the happy ending and I love that Autumn didn't get what she wanted! Those two have always been so back and forth with each other, ever since Gunnar started dating Zoe. It's always been a rollercoaster, so I don't think Gunnar suddenly switching back to Scarlett is a stretch. Hopefully since Autumn fired them, we won't have to see her again if the show comes back. I also loved how their manager was supporting Scarlett and telling her to go for it.

Finally, I am glad Will got his chance to say his part and he said it well. It was nice to see his character rise out of that dark, depressed state he had been in.

haha well said. I agree with this. I am pretending Juliet lived and they got back together. But I still pray this is picked up by another network.

Thank god both evil Cash and evil Layla went down in flames, as well as witchy Autumn. lol The 3 witches got their just due finally.

teesharky

Clare Bowen ‏@clarembee May 25
Clare Bowen Retweeted Lionsgate TV
2764.png
#BringBackNashville

Clare Bowen added,
Lionsgate TV @LionsgateTV #Nashies What a cliffhanger! But we won’t leave you hanging. There's more story to be told. #BringBackNashville

Kizmet311

I just hope I'll be able to find a way to watch it. I don't have cable so I don't get CMT and if you have to sign in with your cable/satellite provider to watch online, I'm screwed, unless I can find it online to buy or watch it through Kodi.