Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice for buying a racket

SnPrada

I've been playing recreational table tennis for around 7 years and would like to step up my game. Currently I own a Killerspin Jet500 pre-assembled paddle. The people that have been teaching me always criticize this "cheap paddle" and now that I have had it for several years, I think it is time to buy a better quality professional table tennis racket.
I do not want anything too expensive (under $70 for the blade if possible) and since I know very little about blades/rubber I might opt for something that can be assembled for me. One option I considered was the DHS A5002 on Amazon, but reviews said this was a ripoff and not the actual paddle. Another was the STIGA Evolution and STIGA Pro Carbon paddles.
As for my playstyle, I am still experimenting and would describe myself as an all-rounder. I mostly play defensively, but am very aggressive on my backhand side. I would prefer something that allows me to generate a lot of topspin, but is not too heavy/dense (such as my current paddle) so I can have better control. I use the shakehand grip.
Any general recommendations?

Last edited:

Smokyiiis

I've been playing recreational table tennis for around 7 years and would like to step up my game. Currently I own a Killerspin Jet500 pre-assembled paddle. The people that have been teaching me always criticize this "cheap paddle" and now that I have had it for several years, I think it is time to buy a better quality paddle/rubber.
I do not want anything too expensive (under $70 for the blade if possible) and since I know very little about blades/rubber I might opt for something that can be assembled for me. One option I considered was the DHS A5002 on Amazon, but reviews said this was a ripoff and not the actual paddle. Another was the STIGA Evolution and STIGA Pro Carbon paddles.
As for my playstyle, I am still experimenting and would describe myself as an all-rounder. I mostly play defensively, but am very aggressive on my backhand side. I would prefer something that allows me to generate a lot of topspin, but is not too heavy/dense (such as my current paddle) so I can have better control. I use the shakehand grip.
Any general recommendations?
I was just wondering why you’d come to a fansite to ask this question?