Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nety

countrymusicfan15

*NETY (can't do all caps in title)

ok so I was listening to Nobody Ever Told You last night and wondering why is it so disliked?! It's got a nice mellow sound to it, it's uplifting, vocals are great, and it's actually pretty darn catchy. So can someone please tell me why it has been referred to as the worst song Carrie has recorded and the only song that doesn't belong on the album? and also, I challenge everyone to listen to it right now and give it a second chance :D

Here are some comments on youtube:

"if nobody has told you that your beautiful i want u to know that me,Carrie and most of all God want to tell you right now htat you are beautiful!!"

"u shine like a diamond glitter like gold! fav verse ever thats my new motto! carrie ur sooooo beautiful"

"Love this song soo much i think i broke the replay button"

Carrie Underwood - Nobody Ever Told You (Lyric Video) - YouTube

Marie2011

i love NETY i don't see it as single material though, i also don't see DYTAM as single material either to me NETY is like Change, and DYTAM is like SWISLY

countrymusicfan15

i love NETY i don't see it as single material though, i also don't see DYTAM as single material either to me NETY is like Change, and DYTAM is like SWISLY

Interesting! I agree about NETY not being single material, but I think SWISLY would have made for a PERFECT single!!

mlawlor

I like NETY a lot. It and BA are the now songs I listen to the most. It has sounded a bit different when she has sung it on the Opry and other places, but I think that's to be expected. It reminds me a lot of Carrie singing DFTRM in previous tours - Just a talented girl with guitar singing a beautiful song.

cole

YOU still shine like a diamond, glitter like gold in MY book, Bernie.....even if others dont. :p

bearball49

I can think of two reasons.....while I love the song, it has some lyrics little reminiscent of something of TS. The other thing which I do not agree with is because Carrie is beautiful and does glam up for the stage. I think they see the song as hippocritical......again I do not agree. Carrie did not wear make up until it became her profession.

Last edited:

simonplay

I love NETY! I listen a lot that song! agree that its not single material , and DYTAM either! . There are sooo much better songs for singles in the album.

I like a lot more NETY than DYTAM.

Chasing Dreams

I love the NETY! It's not my favorite song on the album, but it's not my least favorite either. I love to listen to NETY when I'm feeling down. This song always lifts my spirits.

thunder92

NETY is a good song. Its theme is cheesy, thats all. Its got great vocals, pretty well written, and the music os awesome. If it just had a different storyline lol

supercarriefan

I love NETY. Carrie seems to love it as well given that she has performed it in numerous places since the album release. I think that it could make a good single. It falls into the same category as Martina's "This One's For The Girls", or Kellie Pickler's "Don't You Know You're Beautiful". Country listeners can be suckers for great inspirational tunes :). Plus, the song is different from anything Carrie has ever sent to radio.

jptexas

The odds of NETY becoming a single, IMO, is 0%. I like the song, but Carrie seems to be singing the heck out of it, so that tells me she likes it, but her label is only ok with it.
DYTAM odds are around, oh let me see, uh, 100% jmo

mlawlor

Yes, dytam is the answer to all the previous requests for a simple love song that does not involve mothers, or competition with canines for affection lol

opry051008

I love NETY but I don`t think it will have wide appeal on the radio so I`d like to see it stay as an album cut only. However I totally love when Carrie sings it live.