Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2012 theme is up / clear your cache

supercarriefan

I love the new design! Very fresh looking. Nice work as always, James :).
The site seems to be working a bit faster as well which is awesome!

thaifood

For those of us with a non technical bent, what does it mean to clear the cache, how does one go about it, & what is the benefit? Thanks for the upcoming lesson.

maddkat

Staff member
^your browser stores websites in it's cache for quicker loading
if you press ctrl/F5 at the same time it will force an update of the page regardless of the cache.

should give you the new design

Ann055

I absolutely LOVE the new design James!!! Just one question...does everyone get the video ad when they go to a thread to read posts? The first time it happened, I didn't even see it, but now it happens every time and so I just put it on pause. Just curious.

nannygirl

New look is pretty sweet, although I'll have to get re-accustomed to the site. I was partial to the old new CFs. x)

OMG, Jeff! You're from Charlotte, NC? DO YOU KNOW ANGIE HARMON?! :rofl:

supercarriefan

I absolutely LOVE the new design James!!! Just one question...does everyone get the video ad when they go to a thread to read posts? The first time it happened, I didn't even see it, but now it happens every time and so I just put it on pause. Just curious.

I got this a few times when James changed the site over last week, but I don't get it all the time.
It was a little startling the first time because I didn't know where the sound was coming from lol.

DaisyTweets

Gosh I don't get any video! Now I'm wondering if I'm missing something cool? Where is the video located?

robinannhunt

I use to get a video/audio all the time from a different site. It is an automatic ad. It went away after a while. Maybe my security software found it or the ad was not there anymore. I used to close the page but the audio would continue. It takes only a second to load the whole audio.