Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Band Members

mtreasmith

I was never a fan of Andrea. Her vocals did not fit well... especially in TBC. Jamie was everything. Her and Carrie's voices flowed soo nicely! Really miss her. Wish she would come back and ditch TSR ;-) lol

Farawayhills

Does this mean that Andrea did not leave on her own accord? Thanks
God Speed and Many Blessings

I think the public seldom get a clear picture of why musicians part company (something that happens all the time). It is probably very often due to a mixture of reasons. I think Carrie has striven to build up a largely stable band (two of whom have been with her all through, and others for several years) - but, even so, some departures from time to time are always to be expected.

If you look at Andrea's website, it seems that she is planing to release a Pop/Soul album, as well as working in a number of fields besides music, including film and advocacy, and it's possible that this led her to revaluate her role as a touring backing singer.
Andrea Thomas Website ANDREA THOMAS

Carrie will also, doubtless, have been planning for how best to structure her performance team in light of the sound she's hoping to develop. But any idea of exactly what led to the changes would only be speculation - and I'm not aware of any suggestions of a falling out or major restructuring.

RickyM

I wonder how they go about finding new band members? Do they advertise? Or does Mark do the searching on behalf of Carrie?

I think we all owe it to Carrie to give her new band members a chance.

ETA: And to be fair to the new members, the sound stream from the Opry via WSM isn't the greatest so I think we need to reserve judgment. Just my two cents!!! HAHAHAHAHA

I've known and followed Sydni since she was 8 years old (first heard her singing with her family bluegrass band) and watched her develop as a singer and fiddle player. Many have commented on her "lower voice", truth is, she had a five octave range. She spent three years on the road with Patty Loveless from age 16 to 19, then with the incredible Jimmy Fortune from then until she got the Carrie gig. She will still be with Jimmy when she can. The audition process included 12 different singers and took about 8 weeks to complete. I think fans will come to appreciate her talent as they get used to the change.

maddkat

Staff member
I've known and followed Sydni since she was 8 years old (first heard her singing with her family bluegrass band) and watched her develop as a singer and fiddle player. Many have commented on her "lower voice", truth is, she had a five octave range. She spent three years on the road with Patty Loveless from age 16 to 19, then with the incredible Jimmy Fortune from then until she got the Carrie gig. She will still be with Jimmy when she can. The audition process included 12 different singers and took about 8 weeks to complete. I think fans will come to appreciate her talent as they get used to the change.
Thank you for the info.
So far I'm loving Sydni.:)

litchfield93

I like Sydni-she seems very talented and love that she also plays the fiddle!

Gator

I wonder if Album #5 will have some bluegrass intermixed with the rock/twang?? Can't wait for the new music. The suspense is killing me! ;-)

Gator

I like what we've been hearing from Sydni. It will be interesting to see if she plays the fiddle on the new songs, and at live events.

Carriebear

Just curious, besides Mark, has anyone who's currently with her been with her since the beginning? (don't know if that makes sense but I hope you understand my question?)

Farawayhills

Just curious, besides Mark, has anyone who's currently with her been with her since the beginning? (don't know if that makes sense but I hope you understand my question?)

Sorry for not replying sooner - I'm not sure, but I think Ed Eason has been with her throughout her major label career

DazzledByCarrie

Yes. Ed has been there from the beginning.

Here's a video of when she first meets her band. (about 42 seconds in)

Haha. I love it. I should go back and watch that. I didn't have CMT when it first aired. She seems so young and shy. And it's weird to see the band too. Mark and Ed and Ashley all look really young too.