Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Fall Shows 2016 - What are you watching?

Kizmet311

Thought I would start a new thread for the new season of shows! I really enjoyed hearing what people liked last year, plus it turned in to a place to talk about our old favorites too.

First, my husband and I were REALLY behind watching some of our shows. We literally just watched the last two episodes of Madame Secretary from last season on Monday. I don't know why, we love that show, but we just let it keep sitting there on the DVR. And may I ask - can Elizabeth McCord run for President in real life? No, seriously.

So far, we've only watched one new show. We watched The Good Place with Kristen Bell, but it was just too weird/quirky for us. There were parts that were cute, but then parts that were just weird and some characters were kind of annoying. The previews made it look like more of the same, so we actually cancelled the season pass we had set on the DVR.

We also recorded Bull and This is Us last night, but didn't get around to watching them. Will probably watch them tonight. The previews for This is Us have gotten me really excited for that show. I've been missing a good tearjerker since Parenthood went off the air.

maddkat

Staff member
I watch This is Us last night. Not sure I'll watch again.Haven't seen any other new shows.
Loved the first episode of AHS last week.It actually had some horror versus last season which was just blood & sex.

Madam Secretary is just great.My favorite, can't miss show along with Bones.Can't wait for the new season to begin.

stuffy

I'm going to check out the Kristen Bell show, This Is Us, and the Kiefer Sutherland show. The first two are recorded, but I haven't had time to watch them yet. None of the 30 minute comedies interest me. There's some mid-season replacements I'm interested in, but I don't know the new shows as much as years past. I'll see what takes off on a few of them and may catch up On Demand later.

I also liked the first AHS episode this year. The last two seasons I watched maybe one or two episodes and then was like Nope! I couldn't get past the rape scene last year and kept worrying there'd be another so I quit.

Edited to add..... Pitch. I come from a baseball family so I'm interested in it too.

liz278

I am DVRing This Is Us, Bull and Timeless (I want to see if it is any good). I am excited for my regular shows to come back - Madam Sec, Quantico, Elementary and Blindspot. (I also watch NCIS, NCISLA, Bones (but DISH was having a fight with Fox and so I missed all of the shows in the spring and summer- I hope I can catch them sometime) and Blue Bloods) I loved the first episode of Blindspot! I am so glad it is back!

Kizmet311

This is Us is definitely the one I've been most excited about. I'm sure it's one I will have to watch without the hubby, though. Doesn't look like his kind of show.

I just don't think I can do AHS. I know lots of people rave about it, but I can't deal with gore and horror anymore. I had a hard enough time watching parts of Castle when it was on (like the scene where they put the bag of spiders on Castle's head - freaked me out!), but at least Castle had the comedic relief. (Moment of silence for Castle not coming back. It will be missed.)

And yes - we have already set Designated Survivor (Kiefer Sutherland) and Pitch to record. Along with Notorious and Speechless. I'm not sure I will really like the latter two, but thought I would give them a try. I can't remember what Timeless is off the top of my head - will have to go look it up. There is also a new show with Haley Atwell (I think that is her name, but she was Agent Carter), so I will have to go look up the name of that one and maybe record it too. I loved her in Agent Carter.

And yes, Donna, Madame Secretary is just the cream of the crop. Definitely one of my absolute top shows to watch. The relationship between Henry and Elizabeth is just so so good. I adore how Tea Leoni plays the character.

As for other shows coming back, I am looking forward to Quantico, Madame Secretary of course, Grey's, Jane the Virgin, Supergirl (remember it switched to CW!), and Marvel's Shield. I am still trying to catch up on the Originals and Vampire Diaries from last season. I still have like 8 episodes of each left, but they usually don't start back until October. This year is the last season of the Vampire Diaries and I am kind of glad. Last season was still pretty good, even without Nina Dobrev, but it's never the same when the central character leaves the show. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out and I do hope that Nina agrees to come back just for the finale so Damon and Elena can be reunited. Although at this point it might be more unexpected and satisfying to see Elena and Stefan somehow reunited instead, lol.

Kizmet311

I am DVRing This Is Us, Bull and Timeless (I want to see if it is any good). I am excited for my regular shows to come back - Madam Sec, Quantico, Elementary and Blindspot. (I also watch NCIS, NCISLA, Bones (but DISH was having a fight with Fox and so I missed all of the shows in the spring and summer- I hope I can catch them sometime) and Blue Bloods) I loved the first episode of Blindspot! I am so glad it is back!

You watch a lot of the same shows as my husband, lol. I should really start watching Elementary with him, because I think I would like it. I love the Roberty Downey Sherlock movies, plus I can tell the show has some comedic relief, which is necessary for me to watch crime-based shows. I didn't watch Castle with him from the beginning, but once I did get into it, it became one of the shows he wasn't allowed to watch without me. We do watch Madame Secretary and Quantico together.

But he also likes Blindspot, Bones, and the entire NCIS lineup. He isn't like me in that he will watch his shows even if he misses an episode, so I quit DVRing his stuff, because I always run out of room. I am particular about shows and will not watch them out of order - if my DVR messes up, then I usually resort to buying whatever episode I missed.

Heather02

I started watching This is Us, The Exorcist, Lethal Weapon, Kevin Can Wait, The Good Place, Notorious, Conviction, Pitch, Timeless, I think there are others I don't remember. I stopped watching The Good Place..it was way too out there and weird for me. The ads made it look more interesting than it was. Watched Conviction tonight..it was okay.. can't say it's a favorite. Lethal Weapon is really funny and Notorious is pretty good too. So far the others I'll stick with.

twaintrain

My norm is:

Sunday - The Walking Dead, Secrets & Lies, Quantico
Monday - The Big Bang Theory, The Voice
Tuesday - The Middle, The Voice, This Is Us, Scream Queens
Wednesday - Modern Family, Designated Survivor
Thursday - How To Get Away With Murder

Also House of Cards, Game of Thrones and Stranger Things

Dang! When I type it out it looks like all I do is watch TV!

Audra

My norm is:

Sunday - The Walking Dead, Secrets & Lies, Quantico
Monday - The Big Bang Theory, The Voice
Tuesday - The Middle, The Voice, This Is Us, Scream Queens
Wednesday - Modern Family, Designated Survivor
Thursday - How To Get Away With Murder

Also House of Cards, Game of Thrones and Stranger Things

Dang! When I type it out it looks like all I do is watch TV!

I feel like I'm gonna be the same when I type out what I watch LOL The bold ones are the new ones I watch.

Sunday - Once Upon a Time, Secrets & Lies and Quantico
Monday - Dancing with the Stars, Conviction, The Big Band Theory
Tuesday - This Is Us, American Housewife (tried watching it, it was okay, not impressed though), Chicago Fire
Wednesday - Survivor, Law & Order SVU, Chicago PD, Designated Survivor, American Horror Story
Thursday - Grey's Anatomy, Notorious, How To Get Away With Murder, Chicago Med, Pitch
Friday - catch up day on the DVR lol

We DVR a lot of shows since we can't watch them all of course, but Friday is my catch up day or Saturday is a catch up day too.

Kizmet311

We watch WAY too much TV, but I guess I've always been a bit of a TV addict. We use an antenna for all of the major networks and Sling TV to get other cable channels. With my TiVo, though, I can only record shows on the major networks - although I can still record 4 at a time, which is a lot! Here is what we watch/record, although sometimes we get a bit behind because we record so much. We pretty much watch tv on weekday evenings and I have to let my husband channel surf on the weekends. He is not as much of a TV addict as I am and sometimes he just likes to flip through and land on random guy movies (mainly Bond or anything with Jason Statham, lol) or watch DIY. So, that's kind of our agreement - watch our regular tv shows during the week and he gets to flip on the weekends. Unfortunately, it usually results in me getting WAY behind on the shows that I watch by myself, because there just isn't any time left. I still haven't finished the last season of Vampire Diaries, the Originals, or Mistresses from last year/summer. I watch a lot of fluff tv that my husband doesn't like. The world is so awful that I don't care for watching too many crime shows. Oddly, the violence in supernatural shows doesn't bother me because it isn't real, but I can't stomach watching the violence in actual criminal shows or some of the more violent movies my husband watches. So, here are our schedules with the new shows highlighted in bold. The shows I watch by myself are in red, lol.

Sunday - Quantico, Madame Secretary
Monday - Big Bang Theory, Scorpion, Conviction (DVR'ed but haven't watched yet), Supergirl, Jane the Virgin, The Odd Couple, The entire Bachelor franchise (Bachelor/ette, Bachelor in Paradise)
Tuesday - Mistresses (summer show), Bull, SHIELD, This is Us, American Housewife (DVR'ed, but haven't watched yet)
Wednesday - Speechless, Designated Survivor
Thursday - Grey's Anatomy, Notorious, Pitch (DVR'ed, but haven't watched yet)
Friday - Last Man Standing, The Vampire Diaries

My husband also watches the whole NCIS series, Elementary, Blindspot, Blacklist, and Hawaii 5-0. I also watch the Originals (which apparently isn't getting a full season this year and is a midseason premiere) and I like Reign, too, but I've only watched about half the first season on Netflix. Honestly, there are probably a few more of the new shows (Kevin Can Wait, Timeless, Frequency, No Tomorrow, MacGyver, Lethal Weapon) and even some that aren't new that we wouldn't mind watching, but as you can see, our TV viewing plate is beyond full already! When I was single, I just watched hours upon hours of television and even after I got married, I still watched a lot. With a 4 year old, now, though, it's pretty much impossible to keep up with tv and give her the attention she needs. Sometimes I still feel like I watch too much tv and I don't pay enough attention to her, but it is my way to unwind in the evenings.

I would say our favorite new shows this season are Bull and Designated Survivor. We watched the pilot of Notorious a couple nights ago finally, but I'm afraid that since it's an ABC show, it may get too soapy for my husband and he'll quit watching it with me. That happened with How to Get Away with Murder - we didn't even finish the first season, because it was just too dramatic for my hubby and I didn't like it enough to keep it on my list. We haven't watched American Housewife yet, but we loved Mike & Molly, so we were hoping we would like that actress in this new show. I also like Speechless, although I don't think my husband really does, so I've started watching it without him.

Kizmet311

We watch WAY too much TV, but I guess I've always been a bit of a TV addict. We use an antenna for all of the major networks and Sling TV to get other cable channels. With my TiVo, though, I can only record shows on the major networks - although I can still record 4 at a time, which is a lot! Here is what we watch/record, although sometimes we get a bit behind because we record so much. We pretty much watch tv on weekday evenings and I have to let my husband channel surf on the weekends. He is not as much of a TV addict as I am and sometimes he just likes to flip through and land on random guy movies (mainly Bond or anything with Jason Statham, lol) or watch DIY. So, that's kind of our agreement - watch our regular tv shows during the week and he gets to flip on the weekends. Unfortunately, it usually results in me getting WAY behind on the shows that I watch by myself, because there just isn't any time left. I still haven't finished the last season of Vampire Diaries, the Originals, or Mistresses from last year/summer. I watch a lot of fluff tv that my husband doesn't like. The world is so awful that I don't care for watching too many crime shows. Oddly, the violence in supernatural shows doesn't bother me because it isn't real, but I can't stomach watching the violence in actual criminal shows or some of the more violent movies my husband watches. So, here are our schedules with the new shows highlighted in bold. The shows I watch by myself are in red, lol.

Sunday - Quantico, Madame Secretary
Monday - Big Bang Theory, Scorpion, Conviction (DVR'ed but haven't watched yet), Supergirl, Jane the Virgin, The Odd Couple, The entire Bachelor franchise (Bachelor/ette, Bachelor in Paradise)
Tuesday - Mistresses (summer show), Bull, SHIELD, This is Us, American Housewife (DVR'ed, but haven't watched yet)
Wednesday - Speechless, Designated Survivor
Thursday - Grey's Anatomy, Notorious, Pitch (DVR'ed, but haven't watched yet)
Friday - Last Man Standing, The Vampire Diaries

My husband also watches the whole NCIS series, Elementary, Blindspot, Blacklist, and Hawaii 5-0. I also watch the Originals (which apparently isn't getting a full season this year and is a midseason premiere) and I like Reign, too, but I've only watched about half the first season on Netflix. Honestly, there are probably a few more of the new shows (Kevin Can Wait, Timeless, Frequency, No Tomorrow, MacGyver, Lethal Weapon) and even some that aren't new that we wouldn't mind watching, but as you can see, our TV viewing plate is beyond full already! When I was single, I just watched hours upon hours of television and even after I got married, I still watched a lot. With a 4 year old, now, though, it's pretty much impossible to keep up with tv and give her the attention she needs. Sometimes I still feel like I watch too much tv and I don't pay enough attention to her, but it is my way to unwind in the evenings.

I would say our favorite new shows this season are Bull and Designated Survivor. We watched the pilot of Notorious a couple nights ago finally, but I'm afraid that since it's an ABC show, it may get too soapy for my husband and he'll quit watching it with me. That happened with How to Get Away with Murder - we didn't even finish the first season, because it was just too dramatic for my hubby and I didn't like it enough to keep it on my list. We haven't watched American Housewife yet, but we loved Mike & Molly, so we were hoping we would like that actress in this new show. I also like Speechless, although I don't think my husband really does, so I've started watching it without him.

We never managed to watch Conviction, but I've heard the first season order was stopped already and it's on its way to cancellation, so I went ahead and deleted all the shows and stopped the recording. We have watched a little more of Notorious and my husband still seems to like it, but I also read that it may be one of the first shows to go this season. Still haven't watched Pitch, although it's still sitting on the DVR and recording. We finally watched American Housewife and it is kind of cute. We are still loving Bull and Designated Survivor and have actually been watching them before watching some of our older shows. We also love Fixer Upper and watched the Season 4 premiere last night. Since it is on the Sling TV app, we have to watch it live, but it's one that we both love.

twaintrain

I had no clue "Shooter" was made into a series. I watched the first couple of episodes and I liked it. Don't know how they are going to keep it going. I can't imagine he can be on the run for years.

Also, watching the final season of "Teen Wolf." I guess it's my guilty pleasure. I like the show but it's time for it to end. Hoping Dylan O'Brien continues on his journey of becoming a huge star. He's so awesome!

liz278

The new shows that I am loving are Bull, This is Us and Designated Survivor. I am still really liking Blindspot. And I can't wait until Shades of Blue comes back. My husband was catching up on all the shows since he is off this week, and he was watching the last episode and I realized that I miss that show.

Kizmet311

Oh and no spoilers, please, but I have watched the first two episodes of the Gilmore Girls series on Netflix (Winter & Spring). It has been so long since I watched that show that I can't really tell if this new reboot is true to how the show was before. It feels different to me, but I was never a huge die-hard Gilmore Girls fan. I liked the show a lot, but I don't think I've seen every episode and I couldn't even tell you how it ended during the original series run. I am hoping that I will be satisfied with it after watching the last two episodes and hopefully it will pull everything together, but the first two episodes have felt a bit disjointed to me especially since Rory is out of college and kind of here and there with traveling for her career. I know they have to move the story along fast, because there are only four 90 minute episodes, but it makes it hard to really get into the story, at least for me. It feels like a bunch of random encounters than truly following a year in their life and getting down into the depths of anything.

twaintrain

To me, it is pretty much exactly like the original show which is AWESOME!!! "Winter" and "Fall," the first and last, were my favorites. It says Season 1 so I am hoping this continues. I am not going to spoil anything, but they leave it on a note that makes them have to come back. There is a bombshell!

Kizmet311

To me, it is pretty much exactly like the original show which is AWESOME!!! "Winter" and "Fall," the first and last, were my favorites. It says Season 1 so I am hoping this continues. I am not going to spoil anything, but they leave it on a note that makes them have to come back. There is a bombshell!

Ok, thanks. Like I said, although I loved the show, I was inconsistent in watching the original. I couldn't tell if it was the interactions between the characters making it feel too disjointed or just the nature of having to move the story forward 3 months in a 90 minute segment. I assume it's the latter. I do hope if they left it on a cliffhanger that they will do at least another season! Maybe I can find the time to rewatch the first seven seasons and the Netflix season before then, lol. Although I barely have time to keep up with the shows I watch that are on every week, so I'm not sure how I could go back and rewatch it!

carebearcarrie

Amy (the creator) of Gilmore Girls was not apart of the last season. She has never -and said she will never watch season 7. She doesn't even know what happens. So I'm pretty sure she based this new revival series (mostly) off of where they ended in season 6. So if you want to see mainly where they continue off of, watch season 6. But Even though season 7 is still fairly good, its not the true ending the creator wanted.