Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Fall Shows 2016 - What are you watching?

Kizmet311

Amy (the creator) of Gilmore Girls was not apart of the last season. She has never -and said she will never watch season 7. She doesn't even know what happens. So I'm pretty sure she based this new revival series (mostly) off of where they ended in season 6. So if you want to see mainly where they continue off of, watch season 6. But Even though season 7 is still fairly good, its not the true ending the creator wanted.

Well, that is interesting and possibly confusing for people who are fans of the show, but not die-hard enough to know that, lol.

Farawayhills

Most of the US series do get screened here (though often on the subscription satellite & cable services). I must say that I tend to record a lot more than I watch - so am often well behind, and sometimes have to write off a series when I've hopelessly lost track of the story lines.

Currently, I'm plowing through Game of Thrones - an intricate complex of story arcs. I think I'm somewhere on Series 4. I'm practically current with Blindspot, so will watch the new series. Blacklist is one of those that I lost track of (regretably), so I'm not recording the current series (at some point I'll try to download the episodes I missed from Box Sets (which my subscription covers).

I do try to watch the fantasy series based on classic comics (Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, Legends, and the one with Skye/Daisy in, whose title slips my mind). I've lost track of Arrow (cue for Kacey Musgraves to help with a song, lol?) - so that's another one for the Box Sets some day. (Talking of songs - kudos to the Supergirl producers, for playing a snatch from a Margo Price song, in the alien/gay bar scene recently)

Nashville was a favourite of mine, because of the theme, Callie Khourie's vision of the industry, and the musical direction of, firstly, T-Bone Burnett, and then Buddy Miller - which I found often significantly better than the radio take on Nashville's output, and included some strong songwriting. We are late in screening this (and it has hopped channels), but I haven't found our latest series (the third?) to be quite as good. I'm not even sure that we'll get the next one (which was saved from cancellation by a CMT deal - unless someone else buys the rights (CMT doesn't have a channel here.) In any case, not having Layla Grant (Aubrey Peeples) would leave a big gap for me.

Two series which sound promising, and I've recorded, but haven't yet watched are "Westworld" and "Into the Badlands".

carebearcarrie

Right now I am currently watching This Is Us, such an incredible heartwarming show. And nice to have the twist of going to current and past time.

My husband and I started watching Gotham on Netflix, I'm not a big fan of superhero shows/movies, but I love this show. I've been a Benjamin Mackenzie fan since his O.C. Days.

The Walking Dead of course, season 7 premiere was the most intense episode on tv that I have ever watched. But I love this show. My husband reads the comics so it's neat to hear his comparisons.

I'm also watching Project Runway.

That's that I can't wait to start-

Nashville in January
Bates Motel in Match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kizmet311

Danielle, I finally finished the Gilmore Girls on Netflix! I can't believe they ended it that way! Although I read some stuff online that said the creator had planned to end it that way 10 years ago, which I think would have been even worse! I'm not really upset that they ended it that way, but I hate that it might be the "real" ending to the show this time and we don't get to see any follow up on the storyline.

The new shows that I am loving are Bull, This is Us and Designated Survivor. I am still really liking Blindspot. And I can't wait until Shades of Blue comes back. My husband was catching up on all the shows since he is off this week, and he was watching the last episode and I realized that I miss that show.

I also loved watching Shades of Blue ,It took a couple of episodes to really get into it and have understanding of the characters but as the show had progressed, the little twists and turns made enjoyable experience.

liz278

I have Dish, and for me the NBC station is in a contractual fight with DISH, so I have not been able to watch the last two shows of This Is Us, Shades of Blue, Chicago Med, or Blindspot. So, I am hoping when the issue is resolved I can watch these shows on Demand (because they have blocked that too, nor can I watch on line because when I put in Dish, I am not able to watch it there either. So frustrating :-(

But anyway, I am sad that Bones is almost over. I watched last night and I am so sad. I hope it ends well, but it doesn't look good from the previews for the final show.

twaintrain

Cannot stop binging "13 Reasons Why" on Netflix! I am having to make myself take a break to go get lunch. I think it's 13 episodes and I think I'll have them watched in about 2 days. It's so good!

In case you haven't heard of it, it's about a teenage girl who commits suicide but leaves tapes telling why. Each side of a tape (each episode) is about a person who helped get her to that point. It's seen through the eyes of a boy who was in love with her. I know it sounds depressing but it is really good. It kind of reminds me of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower." Cannot recommend it enough!!!

lizcarlo

I am watching Feud: Bette And Joan, Bates Motel (looks like this one will be over soon) and Fargo (This isn't on yet but it will be soon.).

twaintrain

^I'm watching Fued as well. I just started watching "13 Reasons Why" because I saw Kate Walsh on Live with Kelly. Man, this show is so addictive! I had to make myself go to bed last night.