Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Judge

carriefan13

How do all of you guys feel about Keith Urban being a judge on American Idol?! (Since it is now confirmed: Keith Urban Becomes American Idol Judge)

In my opinion, Keith is much too good for the show, but it will be interesting to watch seeing as he is the only one at the judge's table with real talent (Mariah and Nikki? I don't think so!) I think it would make the perfect opportunity for Keith and Carrie to do some sort of a mash-up during the finale, don't you think?
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I just wanted to hear what everybody else thinks...
3320213274_ac86c63c3b_z.jpg

Marie2011

i think it is great, and plus since keith is going to be on idol, chances are that his tour audience would increase when he tours, making also brad and carrie tour audience to increase also, this is how i see watch idol, become a fan of keith if you aren't already eventually watch the music video for start a band w/brad, become a fan of brad, and then you would eventually watch the music video for remind me to where you would become a fan of Carrie Underwood lol; if you love keith there is a 90% chances that you will love Carrie and Brad also lol

supercarriefan

I'm just happy that Idol finally included a country artist on their panel. It's about time considering many Idol alum are successfully making a living in Nashville.

Also, in response to the first post, what is real talent lol? Isn't it subjective? What I might consider real talent might not be for others. Personally, I think Mariah has real talent both in singing and songwriting. Nicki is talented in her own way as well. She's not my cup of tea, but millions of other people think she's wonderful.

carebear4eva

In my opinion, Keith is much too good for the show, but it will be interesting to watch seeing as he is the only one at the judge's table with real talent (Mariah and Nikki? I don't think so!) I think it would make the perfect opportunity for Keith and Carrie to do some sort of a mash-up during the finale, don't you think?
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I just wanted to hear what everybody else thinks...

Did you just suggest that Mariah-effing-Carrie is not talented? Have you hit yourself on the head recently?

As for Nicki, I abhor rap music. However, every time I listen to her verse on Monster, all I can think is that there is no WAY I could ever write something like that. Humility.

carriefan13

Did you just suggest that Mariah-effing-Carrie is not talented? Have you hit yourself on the head recently?

As for Nicki, I abhor rap music. However, every time I listen to her verse on Monster, all I can think is that there is no WAY I could ever write something like that. Humility.

Mariah is a great vocalist, but I'm just not sure she possesses enough talent to make a good judge (but who knows?) As for Nikki, I cannot stand her! She is really annoying and, much like Taylor Swift, she cannot sing

supercarriefan

Mariah is a great vocalist, but I'm just not sure she possesses enough talent to make a good judge (but who knows?) As for Nikki, I cannot stand her! She is really annoying and, much like Taylor Swift, she cannot sing

I don't like Nicki's singing voice, but she is a great rapper. She is also a strong lyricist. I think Nicki will be most valuable when giving contestants critiques about the quality of their performance skills. She will be a wonderful reference to the Idols regarding stage presence because her presence is excellent.
Mariah has a lot of talent. I'm not sure how much talent one needs exactly to make a good judge, but I would put Mariah above past Idol judges Paula Abdul and Ellen DeGeneres in terms of musical talent lol. I don't think one needs strong musical talent to be a good judge. I think the person needs to have a strong sense of what works well on stage and what doesn't. Mariah has been in the business for years, so she knows what works both vocally and in terms of entertainment value.
Keith can also vouch for both areas. He has a good voice, and puts on a great live show.
Randy is the judge I most worry about lol. The man's judging has gone progressively downhill for years now. I hope the new panel encourages him to rise up and be a better judge. He has the knowledge to be better...he just needs to work on applying it.

carebear4eva

What talent do you mean? Vocal talent? If so, then she possesses more vocal talent than any other man or woman who has ever sat on the Idol Judges chair, and will easily be the greatest vocalist on the stage as well.

Randy Jackson. Paula Abdul. Simon Cowell. Kara DioGuardi. Ellen DeGeneres. Steven Tyler. Jennifer Lopez. Keith Urban. Nicki Minaj.

Simon, Randy and Ellen don't sing at all. Kara is barely a vocalist. Paula has a weak voice, although she has had a reasonable amount of success. Same deal with J-Lo. Nicki is a rapper, her singing voice is quite bad, IMO. Keith Urban can't hold a candle to Mariah Carey. The only one who's on par with her level is Steven Tyler, and even he doesn't have her voice.

I don't know what you're talking about.

carriefan13

What talent do you mean? Vocal talent? If so, then she possesses more vocal talent than any other man or woman who has ever sat on the Idol Judges chair, and will easily be the greatest vocalist on the stage as well.

Randy Jackson. Paula Abdul. Simon Cowell. Kara DioGuardi. Ellen DeGeneres. Steven Tyler. Jennifer Lopez. Keith Urban. Nicki Minaj.

Simon, Randy and Ellen don't sing at all. Kara is barely a vocalist. Paula has a weak voice, although she has had a reasonable amount of success. Same deal with J-Lo. Nicki is a rapper, her singing voice is quite bad, IMO. Keith Urban can't hold a candle to Mariah Carey. The only one who's on par with her level is Steven Tyler, and even he doesn't have her voice.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Sorry, I disagree...I've heard Nikki sing/rap/whatever and it just didn't sound very good at all. True, she was at least a vocalist (unlike Randy, Ellen, Simon). Who knows, she may be a good judge; I really don't see it now, but I'll have to wait until January to find out.

Claire2004

Photo of the new judges' panel:

groupdesk.jpg

(From: American Idol 12 - YOUR New Judges' Panel! (PHOTOS) | American Idol | mjsbigblog)

I'm excited that Keith Urban is now officially an Idol judge. I will definitely be watching every episode of AI for him lol! :)

supercarriefan

They actually look pretty good sitting at the table. It should be fun watching every week to see what hairstyle Nicki sports :p.
I wonder if they will keep this order or if they are going to test different things out. I kind of like the way they are in the photo.

myeverythingKU

Well, naturally I'm excited!! lol!! Having Keith on my TV twice a week? YES please!! I haven't watched the show basically since Carrie won, lol!! But, I will certainly be watching now.

Keith was an amazing coach on The Voice, and I know he will do a fantastic job on this show as well. I think it's the best thing that's happened to the show in ages. They DO need country talent on there, and Keith's the perfect guy for the job.

There are always pros and cons though, like with everything else.
Pros: it'll get him A LOT of exposure. And he needs it. I want America to fall in love with him all over again. Maybe he'll actually have a decent chance at winning some awards and dominating the charts again. Who knows, but it certainly can't hurt. He'll also be able to promote his new album and tour next year so that will be great. It'll definitely raise sales! He has over 25,000 likes on the status about it. I don't think I've ever seen that many likes on his page...ever, lol! He BETTER do something with Carrie!! This is one of the first thoughts that ran across my mind. I think it would be the absolute perfect time to get them back together...i SOO miss the old days.

Cons: It'll be nearly impossible to get close to him anymore. The days of getting good seats and M&G's have just disappeared. I also hope it doesn't delay actually getting the album out. And I also know that there will be negative comments and feedback. People saying stuff. Always happens. I'm also worried about his privacy too.

In the end, I support Keith 100% in anything and everything he does and I cannot wait to see what he's gonna bring to the show this year!!

carebear4eva

Sorry, I disagree...I've heard Nikki sing/rap/whatever and it just didn't sound very good at all. True, she was at least a vocalist (unlike Randy, Ellen, Simon). Who knows, she may be a good judge; I really don't see it now, but I'll have to wait until January to find out.

The "she" in my post is Mariah, not Nicki M.

pklongbeach

WEll, I'm happy for Keith. He is a class act and he has worked hard for his success and he certainly is a talented guy.
I commented before about him getting swallowed up by the larger "personalitites" on the panel but now that I know he has done one of these shows before and had success with it, I am less worried.
He will most likely be the voice of reason among the other two trying to be cute, funny and intriguing.
When in fact they will mostly likely come across as selfish spoiled and detached.
No matter how hard J-lo tried to come across as caring and considerate to the contestants, it never read as anything but selfserving to me. And I think these other two women are going to be even worse.
I don't think they are going to be nearly as good at hiding their true intentions (propelling themselves, not the contestants) and it is going to become a diva-fest of each trying to be "bigger" than the other.
We will also now have 3 judges all pushing to be the next on stage instead of caring one bit about the contestants being on stage.
As for Mariah and her talent: There have been maybe 5 vocalists in the last 20 years who have made it to the "Legend" status of the history of music.
Like her or not: Mariah Carey is a Legend as a female vocalist in western music.