Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Shows Fall 2015 - What are you watching?

maddkat

Staff member
Watched Code Black last night. Had it's cheesy moments but a good start.
I tried watching Rosewood for a second time and didn't make it through it.

Oh and looking forward to the season premiere of Naked and Afraid Sunday night.

thaifood

So far I have been watching Blindspot & Quantico both of which I liked. I made it through about 40 minutes of Blood & Oil & realized I didn't like any of the characters & didn't give a damn about what happened to them, so I was done with it.

Ann055

Watched Blindspot, Quantico & Code Black. Liked those 3 so far. Didn't care for Grinders. Haven't watched Blood & Oil. Naked & Afraid - will have to watch - ha

Kizmet311

It's on Fox on Tuesdays. Rob Lowe plays an actor that played a lawyer on tv for years and now believes he can join his family's real life law firm.

And we can't forget that Fred Savage (The Wonder Years) plays Rob's brother. I loved how the family just went along with whatever Rob said since he was the famous actor and poor Fred's character who was the real lawyer was the only that was like - he's an actor not a lawyer!

Kizmet311

So far I have been watching Blindspot & Quantico both of which I liked. I made it through about 40 minutes of Blood & Oil & realized I didn't like any of the characters & didn't give a damn about what happened to them, so I was done with it.

I usually end up liking a lot of shows on ABC and I have Blood & Oil on my DVR, but haven't watched it yet. When he saw the promos, my husband was like, it's just Dallas all over again, lol. I hate to hear that the characters don't make you care about them. It's hard to watch a show when you can't get invested in the characters. I needed something to replace Revenge and I thought this might be it.

(No one spoil me on the final season of Revenge. I literally have the entire season on my DVR and haven't watched yet, lol.)

lizcarlo

I like Blindside and Quantico. The others are OK. My favorite new show is not on the alphabet networks. It's "Bastard Executioner" on FX. It is sooo good. The only "names" who are in it are Stephen Moyer and Katey Sagal. It's about life in Bronze Age Wales. Excellent, if anyone but me loves things like that.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check that out. Its sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks for mentioning it.

Kizmet311

I finally caught up on Nashville last night. Then the hubby and I watched the premiere of Marvel's Shield and the latest episode of Mysteries of Laura. We have really come to love Mysteries of Laura. Looking at Josh Lucas doesn't hurt, lol. I love the dynamics of the cast, although I miss the new girl, Frankie. They explained in the premiere that she had been transferred to another precinct, but it wasn't expected and I was really liking her character.

liz278

I loved Bones last night. Funny that both Bones and Castle has problems between the two married couples. I didn't see the anger at them being separated again that I did with Castle.

I have a love/hate relationship with Scandal. Sometimes I can't wait to see it and sometimes it gets a little too much and I don't watch it (I DVR it in case I do want to watch). I think it is the brokenness of the people on the show that just gets to me sometimes. I know that a lot of people want to see Olivia and the President together, but I liked it when it was Olivia and Jake.

I am so excited about Madam Secretary this week. This is just such a well written show. It has to do with Washington (like Scandal) and it shows how corrupt Washington can be, but without being too horrible.

Oh, and I love Mysteries of Laura. The new captain is so easy to hate :)

thaifood

I also like The Mysteries Of Laura, but I was surprised it made it to a second season. It was one of the worst reviewed shows of the year last year before the season started. I'm glad they have take the spot light of of the kids this year.

liz278

When Bones Will Probably End, According To David Boreanaz

There’s no bones about it, Fox’s long-running procedural Bones might soon reach the finish line. This week, series lead David Boreanaz spoke out to say that Season 11—which just started airing last night—will probably be the show’s last. It seems that he and the rest of the team are personally ready to give the show a great sendoff. Here’s what the actor had to say:
For me, personally, I think it's time. I think that 11 seasons is great. I mean, one season is great! I don't really count it as seasons but what we've given to the show and what we can do, for me it's great to see the show come to an end and do it the way we want to do it.

David Boreanaz’s comments to E! are sure to be a little bittersweet for fans who have stuck with the show through its lengthy 11 season run, but they aren’t wholly surprising. During Season 10, for instance, the show was down in the ratings and many—including the creative team—though the Season 10 finale might be the show’s last. Bones even wrote a finale that capably wrapped up the storyline for the series just in case it got cancelled, so when it got renewed, the show had to decide to basically reboot the plot in order to get Brennan and Booth back to the Jeffersonian where they belong. It certainly made for an interesting premiere plot.

In addition to the ratings struggles, Bones faced a double challenge when the show needed to re-up the contracts for stars David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel, who were only signed on through Season 10. Obviously, they worked out a deal for Season 11, as the show has already made it’s big return, but there’s been every indication that Bones will not live on after Season 11. Fox boss Dana Walden has been quick to keep her words in the short term when talking about the show, noting earlier this year that the network would be happy to “do another year.” Bones isn’t exactly like the Big Bang Theory, signing 2-3 year contracts at a time at this point.

Whether or not deals could be worked out for a 12th season, Boreanaz confirms that he will absolutely, wholeheartedly be done after Season 11.
For me [the end is] a yes.

Since much of the show revolves around his character Seeley Booth’s relationship with Temperance Brennan, the show wouldn’t really be the same without Booth. I suppose the Fox drama could always pull a Sweets and kill the character off, but since the show kicked off the season with a gimmick surrounding Booth’s death, I can’t imagine seeing him go out at the end of the season in the same way. More likely, this really is the end of Bones. It’s been a good run for the cast and crew, and here’s hoping the show will be able to pull off an ending that sends off the show in a fitting way.

It’s too early for Fox to have made an ultimate call on the fate of Bones, but we’ll let you know whether or not it gets cancelled or renewed.

gran29

I like Blindside and Quantico. The others are OK. My favorite new show is not on the alphabet networks. It's "Bastard Executioner" on FX. It is sooo good. The only "names" who are in it are Stephen Moyer and Katey Sagal. It's about life in Bronze Age Wales. Excellent, if anyone but me loves things like that.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check that out. Its sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks for mentioning it.

My daughter corrected me. It's not Bronze Age. It's medieval Wales. She says there's a big difference. What do I know? LOL

I honestly LOVE Scream Queens. Slasher movies are my favorites so of course I love Jamie Lee, I knew Emma Roberts from Scream 4, and I used to love Glee, which Ryan Murphy also did. It isnt the least bit scary but I recommend it to anyone who needs a good laugh!

twaintrain

I have watched Quantico, Blood & Oil, The Muppets, and Scream Queens. I enjoyed the first two, The Muppets was kind of funny but I miss the old kid friendly muppets, and Scream Queens was over the top but I'll probably keep watching.