Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New song coming out Out of That Truck

adam1995

That single picture is definitely from D&R photos, so I imagine this is a deluxe album coming at some point.

Reactions: Hil

Farawayhills

She co-wrote this with Lydia Vaughan, who also co-wrote Crazy Angels (my guess would be that the two songs may be a pair from the same writing session.) Lydia is connected with Cornman Music - the company run by Brett James, who has been involved with many of Carrie's up-beat hits. This song may have narrowly missed being included on the current album - where I think it would have fitted very well.

The lyrics are a clever take on the radio obsession with trucks and back roads - but that's no bad thing, when the writers can come up with a new twist! This song gives the Ghost Story theme a more up-beat feel, with more subtle echoes of the "break-up combined with triumph" motif of "Before He Cheats"

Very catchy - if listeners are anything like me, they can find themselves hooked on this song. I loved the sound they get in the ending (and what really sold it for me was the early back-reference to Deana Carter's "Strawberry Wine"!)

Hil

Too bad this song is probably going to fade away into obscurity instead of being sent to radio.

montdu39

^We were all craving a BOP uptempo first single and that’s why GS was so underwhelming. It’s a grower though, it’s one of my favourites now. It just didn’t make the initial splash that a first single should make.

jamatthews83

They've all been leaked for ages, it's just that someone has decided to put them on the same YouTube channel (until they probably get taken down).

Reactions: Hil

countrymusicfan15

I had posted this on Pulse the other day too but only if we would have gotten OOTT as the lead single for D&R (and Renegade Runaway for Storyteller), then we’d have:

JTTW
SS
CC
GG
RR
Cry PreTTy (ok I know this one is a bit of a stretch lol)
OOTT

aaaaand RR and OOTT would have been the perfect lead singles also and much better than SB and GS

CU4ever

It really is amazing just how well OOTT is connecting. There’s a reason it’s streaming better than most of D&R. Everyone is liking it. I just came across a viral tiktok with it in it, and every comment mentioning it talks about how they love it, love her music when it sounds like this, how she’s “returning to her roots”, etc. All this makes it even more frustrating it most likely will not be a single

maddkat

Staff member
putting this here till it's actually a single or not but KBEQ in Kansas City has played OOTT 8 times over the last week. Maybe others will jump on board and force the label's hand.

CU4ever

putting this here till it's actually a single or not but KBEQ in Kansas City has played OOTT 8 times over the last week. Maybe others will jump on board and force the label's hand.
If Carrie was treated fairly by radio, it would be getting a lot more of this unsolicited airplay. That is what I was hoping would have happened, it would have gotten played like that and then forced the label to promote it as a single like we’re seeing with the men