Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHL Thread (formerly Screw The NHL!!)

knewman19

I thought it was time for a new NHL thread seeing as this is the beginning of a new era in the NHL.... oh no wait its 2004 all over again! :mad:

SCREW YOU GARY BETTMAN!!

EVIL.jpg

jeff

just another fan
something that's being mentioned in twitter-verse is how crazy it is that $200m worth of contracts got signed in the last 48 hours before the lockout.

this shows to me that the majority of teams are happy with the current system, since they can sign players with the current system. if they are losing money as they claim they'd all wait for the new rules to be put in place.

DaisyTweets

So do the players get together and practice and workout on their own without the coaches? This whole thing gives me a headache. All parties involved make more money than most people could only dream about!!!

huggablebri

I agree with Jeff. I think last time most fans were with the owners but NOT this time. The owners have complained about the big contracts and long contracts, yet all this summer that is all they have been doing. Signing big and long contracts.
By the way Jeff love that thingy of Carrie throwing the football. Is there a video of that? when?where was it taken?

robinannhunt

I agree with Jeff. I think last time most fans were with the owners but NOT this time. The owners have complained about the big contracts and long contracts, yet all this summer that is all they have been doing. Signing big and long contracts.
By the way Jeff love that thingy of Carrie throwing the football. Is there a video of that? when?where was it taken?

I don't think that is Carrie. It is a female sports announcer. Maybe her name is Samantha. Not sure.

JB172

oops putting my reading glasses on..lol
But she was a qb in high school I know that.

That is Samantha Steele, she is a reporter for ESPN who works on College Gameday and is a sideline reporter for ESPN's Thrusday night games and Jeff hopes one day will be his wife.

jeff

just another fan
So do the players get together and practice and workout on their own without the coaches? This whole thing gives me a headache. All parties involved make more money than most people could only dream about!!!

that's what they did during the NFL and i think the NBA lockout as well.

for guys in the NHL the situation might be a bit different, since there actually are leagues outside the NHL that are at least pretty competitive, unlike football.

just from reading some comments from players, it appears most of the european players will look to head to their home countries and play in the leagues in europe. Going back home might be quite appealing to them. The MVP from last season already has a deal to play in Russia.

for the North American players, it seems those who don't have kids are looking to play in european leagues as well. those who have kids seem to be less willing to go overseas.

from the players perspective, i can understand why they don't really want to budge. It's like working for a company that you know is making a good profit, after agreeing to a paycut a few years ago, and to thank you the employer asks you to take another pay cut even though you've done a good job.

the players played the PR battle terribly the last time around. but now with reports of increased profits, and seeing so many teams do well financially, its hard to be sympathetic to the owners. just look at nashville, no one would have ever imagined them being actually able to sign Weber to that gigantic deal. The current system has worked for many teams. Owners just want more.

and i see my friends have answered the other question for me lol