Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nothing But The Blood of Jesus chart updates

teesharky

i wonder why christian radio is not playing this? i can understand country radio but i thought Christian radio would love it especially with Need to Breathe in it.

maddkat

Staff member
NBTBOJ re enters the top 50
48 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus 103 70 33 0.277

guess the song with needtobreathe stirred up interest again

Reactions: mbh

maddkat

Staff member
NBTBOJ remains at #48 on Christian AC ( +2 /+.003)
48 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus 105 77 28 0.28

most of this is coming from KFIS in Portland OR which increased NBTBOJ's spins by 31 over the last week (62/31)

PRGuy79

NBTBOJ remains at #48 on Christian AC ( +2 /+.003)
48 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus 105 77 28 0.28

most of this is coming from KFIS in Portland OR which increased NBTBOJ's spins by 31 over the last week (62/31)
Wow. It is amazing to know how one station can make such an impact on a song's charting history. I wish others would jump onboard. This is a classic song with a very contemporary sound. It seems like a no-brainer for a radio programmer.

maddkat

Staff member
NBTB frops to #48 (+1/+.003)
48 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus 114 105 9 0.323

Reactions: mbh

pklongbeach

I think the lack of support is similar to the way Pop radio handles Carrie. Christian Industry is going to support its own. And Carrie is not a "Christian Artist" in a christian label supporting the Christian industry. And that coupled with the fact that NBTBOJ is a traditional song that does not really promote any record label or generate any monies from royalties of any kind. We have to remember, radio stations do not just play music they like anymore. It is all promotion of one way or another for generating funds one way or another.

maddkat

Staff member
^ the label did not release the song to Christian radio and are not promoting it( no doubt with Carrie's support). The spins are just stations choosing to play it.