Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now we can eat horse meat!

robinannhunt

The latest law passed and signed by the president allows for the creation of horse slaughter houses to open in the USA and begin selling horse meat to be consummed by humans.

Obama Legalizes Horse Slaughter for Human Consumption

Madkat posted this article:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/30/horses-could-soon-be-slaughtered-for-meat-in-us/

You may sign a petition at www.whitehouse.gov if you are against this.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/fb/petition/petition/ban-horse-slaughter/GnNH1pS4

Many of you may know that I am a horse person and this is a revolting developement. Please be kind to horses and sign this petition. Maybe we can stop this action somehow.

Last edited:

Ann055

What was he thinking? I tried to sign the petition but after I signed in, it said the page wasn't available - might be working on the site. I'll try again in a little bit.

pklongbeach

Something seems very wrong with this story all together.
There is no way this could be a story with out the entire nation being up in arms.
The Horse is one of those sacred images of our countrys history.
I don't see how this could be a real story without the entire nation (and world) chimeing in.

epicamends

There is no way this could be a story with out the entire nation being up in arms.
I don't see how this could be a real story without the entire nation (and world) chimeing in.

Yeah, something seems fishy here.

Cathie Wynkoop

Sad to say there are MANY stories out there that should have this country up in arms, but the lame-stream media doesn't think it's news.

This decision doesn't surprise me. Just one more reason, for me, to vote this guy OUT next year!

gran29

I'm appalled. I used to have two horses. The thought that they could be killed for meat makes me sick. I am definitely passing this along to everyone I know.

Ann055

Site worked now...signed Petition!! Figures...this probably went through in one of those middle of the night sessions and buried in another bill so that we the people didn't know anything about it and probably a number of Members of Congress didn't know they were voting for it either. Why the President would do this I just don't understand.

pklongbeach

Yep, I just read it.
Yikes,
the real trouble is that this would not be finacially successful here in the states cause so few people would support it.
So what do the greedy business men do??
Export Export Export!
It's a shame on us.

12russ79

Wow we're comparing pigs to horses now? Not to many people in America have an Arnold running around.... LOL I have a feeling that the President will blame this on Bush and say SEE BUSH LEFT THE COUNTRY IN SUCH A MESS THAT NOW WE EVEN HAVE TO EAT MR ED...... I can see it now every year before the Kentucky Derby The President will pardon a horse at the Whitehouse......

All kidding aside this is absolutely horrendous......

thaifood

Perhaps the administration is searching for something the Republicans will add to the ultra nutritious school lunch menu.

12russ79

Perhaps the administration is searching for something the Republicans will add to the ultra nutritious school lunch menu.

Or maybe it's a ploy by Democrats to distract the Country so they won't eat Donkey for Lunch next Election.... LOL

Carrieflattsfan

This is absolutely disgusting. I cannot believe this bill was passed & I hope Obama gets what he deserves with this. So wrong, on so many levels. I will be appalled if this actually ends up happening. :(