Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now we can eat horse meat!

12russ79

Why do I even bother reading threads like this? It always has to turn into a one-sided political argument.

One of the reasons Leno and Letterman's ratings go up during election years is because politics are very funny... And
In America were an equal opportunity nation when it comes to Politcal satire.... Republicans and Democrats look just as silly at times.... This stupid law has Bi-partisan support... That pretty much proves my point......If we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at?*

*By the way I bet you a law banning this practice is already in the works and Obama will sign it into law with a lot more fanfare then this got......

JB172

One of the reasons Leno and Letterman's ratings go up during election years is because politics are very funny... And
In America were an equal opportunity nation when it comes to Politcal satire.... Republicans and Democrats look just as silly at times.... This stupid law has Bi-partisan support... That pretty much proves my point......If we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at?*

*By the way I bet you a law banning this practice is already in the works and Obama will sign it into law with a lot more fanfare then this got......

Politicians look silly at times???

You might want to put either most or all in there. lol

JB172

Site worked now...signed Petition!! Figures...this probably went through in one of those middle of the night sessions and buried in another bill so that we the people didn't know anything about it and probably a number of Members of Congress didn't know they were voting for it either. Why the President would do this I just don't understand.

If memembers of congress didn't know what they were voting for then they have NO BUSINESS being there to begin with.

Gator

^^Nancy Pelosi has previously given the marching orders: Pass the bill in order to find out what's in it.... (paraphrasing)...maybe it was meant for all bills! :rolleyes:

JB172

Well, it happens all the time in those late night sessions

Then neither side Republicans or Democrats are doing their jobs, if BOTH sides spent as much time on doing what the hell they were elected to do instead of b!tching & fighting with each other things would actually get done but since BOTH sides would rather b!tch & fight with each other instead of doing what they were elected to do nothing gets done.

Ann055

Then neither side Republicans or Democrats are doing their jobs, if BOTH sides spent as much time on doing what the hell they were elected to do instead of b!tching & fighting with each other things would actually get done but since BOTH sides would rather b!tch & fight with each other instead of doing what they were elected to do nothing gets done.

Agree. I've watched some of those C-SPAN all nighters before when only a few Members were present introducing amendments the night before a big vote on a piece of legislation and Members vote for or against something and they don't even know what has been included. I know, watching C-SPAN...nerd...too many years working in DC...hard habit to break

12russ79

Both Republicans and Democrats voted on this. Blame the parties and the voters, not just one person.

In America when the Senate and Congress pass a bill it is sent to the President to either sign or veto.....So ultimately it is one persons decision... That's why he makes the big bucks.... Judging by the reactions of Democrats and Republicans just in this thread I would say the President made a big mistake by signing this Bill....
Don't you think?

12russ79

I think I might as well not bother voicing my opinion on these threads anymore. See ya!

Sorry you feel that way.... Most people on this site are very good at talking things out and agreeing to disagree in a very respectful manner if we can't come to a meeting of the minds.... I respect your right to post your opinions on anything Epic.... Why is my opinion less important than yours?

Ann055

I think I might as well not bother voicing my opinion on these threads anymore. See ya!

No need to not voice your opinion...that's why we have free speech in this country. I was explaining how some things work in this country and I believe Russ was as well...this is the form of government we have here and yes, ultimately, it is one person who is responsible because the President can either sign the bill into law or veto it. In this instance, the President signed it and didn't veto it. I believe that is why people of both parties are upset...it looks like the majority of Americans are not in favor of this legislation.

thaifood

In America when the Senate and Congress pass a bill it is sent to the President to either sign or veto.....So ultimately it is one persons decision... That's why he makes the big bucks.... Judging by the reactions of Democrats and Republicans just in this thread I would say the President made a big mistake by signing this Bill....
Don't you think?

Perhaps we should be able to see the entire bill. I can't believe there was a bill called Let's legalize horse meat" & everyone just signed up for it. People are always throwing ignorant stuff onto a bill as a rider. It could have been a great bill with a stupid sentence...strike the sentence....lose the entire good bill.

robinannhunt

I didn't mean to put Obama as the culprit here. He is among many who made the decision to vote for this bill. He could of vetoed it but congress might not have added/removed that section of the bill also. The atmosphere these days is really anti-incumbent.

Ann055

Perhaps we should be able to see the entire bill. I can't believe there was a bill called Let's legalize horse meat" & everyone just signed up for it. People are always throwing ignorant stuff onto a bill as a rider. It could have been a great bill with a stupid sentence...strike the sentence....lose the entire good bill.

That is exactly why I was talking about these late night sessions in Congress where either side gets amendments put into a bill and it ultimately gets passed by Congress and signed into law by the President.

12russ79

I actually agree with you on this one Ron.... I have a feeling their are many congressional staffers that the Congressman delegate their authority to who are the ones that will take the fall for this bill... And I'm sure the President had no idea that this bill was gonna authorize a new product on Supermarket shelves called HORSEY HELPER......

AdamJ

I would like to take a HUGE VACUUM to Washington and suck them all up and put them all into a confined space to live together without all the trimmings (like a lot of us have to do) and let them glimpse the real world. Then I would like to put all new blood in office and if they did not work out----VOTE THEM OUT---until we get people who have morals, good work ethics and CARE about the people in this country. Horse meat????? YUK---I can see why people go vegetarian. I will never eat anything that looks like steak or any kind of red meat again. My family and friends have horses at the farm in Kentucky and we go ride and care for them all the time. It makes me sick to even think about eating a horse. I like a good steak now and then but I have been thinking about killing and eating animals for a long time and it makes me sick to my stomach.

robinannhunt

I'm seriously so glad I'm Canadian.

Sorry:

Sue Wallis, a Wyoming state lawmaker who's the group's vice president, said ranchers used to be able to sell horses that were too old or unfit for work to slaughterhouses but now they have to ship them to butchers in Canada and Mexico, where they fetch less than half the price.