Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurse Who Took Prank Call At Kate's Hospital Found Dead

Carrieflattsfan

So sad. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

The nurse who answered a prank call to the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge for severe morning sickness was found dead in an apparent suicide.

"It is with deep sadness that I can confirm the tragic death of a member of our nursing staff, Jacintha Saldanha," John Lofthouse, the chief executive of King Edward VII Hospital in London, said in a statement. "She was an excellent nurse and well respected and popular with all of her colleagues. We can confirm that Jacintha was recently the victim of a hoax call to the hospital."

Kate Middleton Pregnant - Nurse at Hospital Dead in Apparent Suicide : People.com

Schrodinger

clearly there was something else going on in her life. no prank is worth taking your life for.
Becca

Yes, but if you are already suffering from depression or have some kind of social anxiety disorder international ridicule is a pretty big button to push, especially when it involves your profession and as a Brit, the Royal Family. Your statement is very true and rational, but when you are staring into that dark abyss, and all you want is the pain to stop, rationality is not going to help, trust me I've been there a number of times. You have to have some other anchor. BTW the DJs are getting hammered on tweeter.

Carrieflattsfan

Yes, but if you are already suffering from depression or have some kind of social anxiety disorder international ridicule is a pretty big button to push, especially when it involves your profession and as a Brit, the Royal Family.
Your statement is very true and rational, but when you are staring into that dark abyss, and all you want is the pain to stop, rationality is not going to help, trust me I've been there a number of times. You have to have some other anchor. BTW the DJs are getting hammered on tweeter.

Exactly. Very well-said.

What the DJ's did was dumb, but it was a harmless prank.I hear about DJ's doing this kind of thing all the time, and there's no way they could've known the issue would lead to this. Obviously she was suffering from serious depression and there was probably a lot going on that we don't know about.

A sad situation all around; no one should be blamed for this.

bigbluegrl23

Yes, but if you are already suffering from depression or have some kind of social anxiety disorder international ridicule is a pretty big button to push, especially when it involves your profession and as a Brit, the Royal Family. Your statement is very true and rational, but when you are staring into that dark abyss, and all you want is the pain to stop, rationality is not going to help, trust me I've been there a number of times. You have to have some other anchor. BTW the DJs are getting hammered on tweeter.

don't get me wrong, I wasn't judging her for committing suicide. I was just saying that the DJ's NEVER expected a harmless prank to lead to this. she clearly had other issues is all I was saying.
Becca

Schrodinger

don't get me wrong, I wasn't judging her for committing suicide. I was just saying that the DJ's NEVER expected a harmless prank to lead to this. she clearly had other issues is all I was saying.
Becca

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were. This is a perfect example of the law of unintended consequences It didn't help their PR when, before the suicide, they were yucking it up and bragging about how even Conan noticed. So they thought what they did was cool but it was really stupid, as are all these type of Jr high level jokes, then it went viral, then bang, the unintended consequence. That all said I blame them more than you do. They used a British nurse to con private medical information about a very popular member of the Royal family. Unless they are complete idiots they had to know there was a high possibility of her getting fired, yet they didn't stop the prank when she started disclosing the information, it was too good for ratings and their careers. So while they could not have known of any underlying conditions that would lead to suicide, they had to know they were putting this woman's career in jeopardy and treating her to a dose of world wide ridicule and harsh criticism. They didn't care what would happen, it was all about them,screw who ever gets hurt. It was stupid, callous and totally narcissistic.

allamericangirl8

So, what exactly happened? What was the prank?

These Australian deejays called Kate Middleton's hospital and pretended with most obviously fake accents that they were the Queen and Prince, and the nurse actually ended up telling them personal information about Kate on air because she didn't realize their accents were fake.

Hil

I didn't really get the joke though.... I mean why was it funny to call and ask about her health? *shrugs* I would think the nurse probably felt a lot of heat for letting info slip.... it's the royal family. The whole situation is unfortunate.

clh_hilary

Well I was under the impression that the Royal Family was not mad and thus, did not pressure the hospital; and the hospital was rather cool about that.

Did she leave a message stating why?