Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oak Ridge Boys invited to join the Grand Ole Opry

hjj

I think it was George decision he was not going to available to perform at GOO. I think asking RF to be members would be smart. They like Carrie are loyal to their responsibilities and think they would perform frequently if they were members.

Carrieflattsfan

Surprised about George not so much about Tim and Faith. Well maybe Tim but back in the day establishment country kinda shunned Shania and Faith.

I heard Opry membership has a lot to do with how often you play there. I've never heard of Tim, Faith, Shania or George performing there, let alone being invited back.

Edit: According to the Opry's Wikkipedia page, an artist must play there at least 26 times a year to retain "standing membership." I'm not sure how accurate this is though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Ole_Opry#Membership

I also think RF would be loyal performers at the Opry if they were invited to be members. To my knowledge, they've played there everytime they've been asked.

They mentioned in an interview awhile back that now that they've been around ten years they have a lot more control over their schedules and one of the things they were excited about was being able to accept invitations to play at the Opry more often. :)

carriecountrystar

I think it was George decision he was not going to available to perform at GOO. I think asking RF to be members would be smart. They like Carrie are loyal to their responsibilities and think they would perform frequently if they were members.

I can't understand why there aren't more artists like Carrie deliberately coming back to perform at the Grand Ole' Opry.
I mean if it were me, I'd be there every chance I've got. it's country's OLDEST and most FAMOUS stages! I would so be lovin' on it. :eek:

buckeyecarriefan

26 times a year is a lot. With the busy touring schedules a lot of artists have, they simply may not be able to be there that many times.