Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Oct 12, 2019] Pittsburgh, PA PPG Paints Arena

Audra

It was an incredible show. So much going on, that if she isn't EOTY, there is no justice. She sounded unbelievable and so consistently and for so long. Just amazing. I can't find words. Amazing show!!! For anyone who is still yet to see it, but will, it will amaze you. I'm sure those who have seen it will agree.

Also, the girl who did "The Champion", was amazing. She could sing. It had to be the best among the best entries of the entire tour. I mean people were looking around in shock, because she was that good. She hit a great note near the end of the song.

I agree with you on that! When that girl started to sing when she came out, I was like holy crap this girl can really sing!! J think even Carrie was shocked at how amazing this girl sounded! I got it on video I’ll be loading later on once I’m more awake lol

maddkat

Staff member
[h=2]carrieunderwoodVerified
[/h]Last night, #Pittsburgh was a dream! #CueDramaticFan �� #CryPrettyTour360 ��: @jeffjohnsonimages
70409000_700653550456505_8519459092401553625_n.jpg

MelissaD

I agree with you on that! When that girl started to sing when she came out, I was like holy crap this girl can really sing!! J think even Carrie was shocked at how amazing this girl sounded! I got it on video I’ll be loading later on once I’m more awake lol

The girl was really good, but I dont think she was the best "champion" of the entire tour. Definitely up there, but I thought the guy she brought up at the Antonio, Tx show (beginning of the first leg) was the best. The fact that he's a guy and belted out that note at the end made it that much more impressive, too.

rcramer

In agreement with Adam, the show was absolutely incredible. It would be another travesty if she does not win EOTY, which I feel certain she will take this year...... That PPG Arena was packed.... Nice to see it was a sellout.......

I absolutely loved the segment honoring a tribute to the country female legends before her.... Was so glad to see that due to the way Country Radio is with females topping the charts... Some of the best country music for me came from ladies like Reba, Patsy Dolly etc.....

Molly killed it I thought. I actually had a chance to speak to her while on my way out and she was just on cloud 9, who wouldn't be....She loved it...... My 6 year old niece actually had a picture taken with her...

adam1995

Uh-oh. Good thing the tour is almost over.

2:03

Video won’t play, but whatever vocal issue might have occurred, it couldn’t be heard live. She never missed a note, I honestly couldn’t believe how on point she was. And even if she did miss the note, it was once, which at the level she performs at constantly, she’s entitled to.

MelissaD

I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying it's a good thing the tour is almost over if her voice is starting to become tired. It happens to almost all non-classically trained belters at the end of a major tour.

adam1995

I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying it's a good thing the tour is almost over if her voice is starting to become tired. It happens to almost all non-classically trained belters at the end of a major tour.

Well, you wouldn’t know it seeing her live. Just incredible.

MelissaD

Right, and pretty much every review that's come in from this tour has highlighted her incredible natural vocal stamina. That's even more impressive for a singer that admittedly doesn't even do vocal warmups, and uses such a throaty-heavy technique to boot. Like any other muscle in the body, the voice gets tired when used excessively at such a high-octane level. Many pop belters even resort to lip-synching some of their more challenging songs and/or notes throughout a major tour to prevent their voices from wearing out too quickly. Even those with good technique, like Celine Dion. She's been doing that since her late 20s. Same with Mariah. Same with Aguilera.

Countryfan2448

https://t.co/dsxiMABcbV?amp=1

October 13, 2019

[h=1]Concert photos: Carrie Underwood at PPG Paints Arena[/h] By Mike Papariella

click to enlarge CP photo: Mike Papariella
Carrie Underwood's The Cry Pretty Tour 360 at PPG Paints Arena on Sat., Oct. 12, 2019

Grammy-winning country artist Carrie Underwood, who first rose to fame in 2005 after winning American Idol, brought her Cry Pretty Tour 360 to Pittsburgh last night, with a stage in the middle of PPG Paints Arena allowing the artist to entertain fans from all angles throughout the evening.

Fans included students from five local school districts who were presented with tickets and a $100,000 donation from Underwood earlier in the day, according to local news station WPXI. The musician, in partnership with CALIA by Carrie Underwood and Dick's Sporting Goods Foundation's Sports Matter, gifted athletes from Armstrong, Burrell, Fort Cherry, Riverside, and Slippery Rock with $20,000 to each district's sports programs.

After the show, Underwood tweeted appreciation to her Pittsburgh fans.
Below are photographer Mike Papariella's highlights from the show.

Audra

Gonna start posting my videos!

[video=youtube;dXS-tZyAnLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXS-tZyAnLA[/video]