Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Way Ticket

EtherealAngel

I am really glad "See you again" is a single because of it's message. I also would love to see "one way ticket" be a single. Such a feel-good song, there's nothing like it on the radio and it shows of Carrie's personality. The song just makes me feel good, and personally I think radio needs more music like that.

What you you all think?

Farawayhills

This type of light, feel-good, get-away holiday-mood song is undoubtedly popular in the Mainstream. The trend really took off with Jimmy Buffet, whose laid back, vaguely Caribbean, sound is sometimes called "Margaritaville". His fans like to call themselves "Parrotheads", and singers using this theme often like to introduce a beach setting in the clothes or backdrop, or use a theme connected with boats or vehicles, getting away from town to the sun.

I'll be honest and say it's not a style that has appeal for me - but there's no doubt it goes well on radio and captures an "easy listening" mood that many people like. If Carrie's mainly interested in "hits", this would probably work well. However, if at this stage of her career she's equally, or more, interested in establishing her reputation as an artist of stature, this song would do her less favours. For me, the problem would be that the BA era began with three very strong, musically adventurous and groundbreaking songs - justifying the early comments about this album taking her to a new level. If Arista then follow that with a succession of lighter songs with less musical depth, they will risk undermining the impression that the album's overall strength deserves.

I actually think it's thematically one of the less impressive songs on the album, and rather "generic", but two points in its favour are that the style is a relatively new one for female singers, and that Carrie does manage to introduce an element of "attitude" with the line about sticking it to the Boss.

cole

I think it's too late in the game for One Way. By the time See You peaks, it'll be July or August. Give a month later, and it will already be September.

PRGuy79

I think it's too late in the game for One Way. By the time See You peaks, it'll be July or August. Give a month later, and it will already be September.

I agree. While I love OWT, I think the timing is the issue. I had anticipated it being single #4, but since it isn't, I don't think it makes sense now. With single #5 (if there is one) coming out in early fall, I think this boosts the likelihood that DYTAM could end the Blown Away era.

I am really glad "See you again" is a single because of it's message. I also would love to see "one way ticket" be a single. Such a feel-good song, there's nothing like it on the radio and it shows of Carrie's personality. The song just makes me feel good, and personally I think radio needs more music like that.

What you you all think?

I agree, OWT as a single would be so FUN! It is perfect for the Summer! ;D :p

Carrieflattsfan

I love, love, love OWT. Such a different vibe for Carrie, and she puts so much personality into it.

When BA first came out, I was positive it would be released as a single; I don't think so, now though.

Nothing against Chesney, but since has frat boy anthems have sounded EXACTLY the same for about 5 years, I'm take offense to saying this sounds like a KC song. :p.

Kenny could never...

luxoricious

Haha I know, but I agree it kind of sounds like Kenny xD
I love the song though, I thought she would release this after TBC. I'm so sad about See you again.

twaintrain

Aside from BHC and BA, in concert, this was the crowd favorite. Too bad it probably won't be a single. I'm dying to hear it on the radio.

twaintrain

Idk, any hope singles streching over into Spring of 14?

SYA peaks in August or Sept
Single #5 peaks in Jan or Feb
OWT released in March?

rebeccabailey14

a good point. I do like the song (reminds me of some of ginnette ward's music, imho) but i don't think ive even heard her recent single on the radio yet.

opry051008

I love this song and because there's is so much dislike for it as a single among her fanbase it's sure to be a single. lol.

Beeanna

I'm just ECSTATIC to have found anything anywhere on line that's even talking about a potential fifth single from Blown Away, since I'll be really sad if she doesn't release one. I pretty much agree with everything you said about One Way Ticket and the rest. OWT does have a Carrie attitude that's fun, and if it IS released as a single it won't upset me, but the depth in the entire album takes it to a new level for her - or anybody singing today. Wine After Whiskey, Forever Changed, etc. All great. I do have to say that, as I posted elsewhere -- this is my first day on the site! -- I love the versatility in her range, communicative style, and vocal quality displayed in Do You Think About Me. I love this girl. I even love Thank God for Hometowns.
I cannot understand why she has her "haters" since she's one of the best singers from any era, in any genre, and, Swift, for instance, isn't really a good singer. Clarkson is good but more limited, thus more boring than Carrie. Carrie is a GIFT. I hope all goes well for her. What a mark she's made and how much she's developed since Idol, without losing her adorable, admirable, funny, distinctive, and delicious core self.