Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oscar result

carebear4eva

Random update : The Best Original Song Oscar went to Toy Story 3's "We Belong Together". Ironically, that's one of the song's that wasn't even NOMINATED for a Golden Globe.

Looks like the film industry's awards are also just a load of bogus crap politics. At this point, I'm really proud of Carrie's GG nom, though, 'cuz quite obviously, TAPFU actually got the votes (and wasn't just bought by some production company), because we know that neither Carrie's label nor Narnia's production team made any effort to push the song. Which means it was genuinely worthy.

Carrie <3

abbeyjones18

I wasn't upset when Carrie wasn't nominated. Was it worthy...maybe. The Oscars certainly have their own poltics - just like any other award show - but, in recent years, the some who win or nominated for the Golden Globes don't even win or are nominated for the Oscars...it just happens. I'm not going to blame the label, either. It wasn't like it was a single from an album or anything...by the way, I liked the song from Toy Story 3...it seemed to fit the movie well, lol... :)

JB172

ALL awards shows are about "I'll scratch your back, if you scratch mine" and everyone including Carrie has or will benefit from it at some point.

carebear4eva

I wasn't upset when Carrie wasn't nominated. Was it worthy...maybe. The Oscars certainly have their own poltics - just like any other award show - but, in recent years, the some who win or nominated for the Golden Globes don't even win or are nominated for the Oscars...it just happens. I'm not going to blame the label, either. It wasn't like it was a single from an album or anything...by the way, I liked the song from Toy Story 3...it seemed to fit the movie well, lol... :)

I actually haven't heard the TS song....Haven't seen the movie either.

And I wasn't blaming anyone, just to clarify. Just saying that the politics of the industry is crazy! And that Carrie getting the nom means even more, because she truly deserved it, and didn;t just get it because of some block-voting from certain groups.

epicamends

I do think that Carrie's song should have been nominated (and I was happy to see Randy Newman point out that there should have been a fifth nominee in his acceptance speech). But I have a feeling that TAPFU will not be Carrie's last shot at a nomination for this category, so I'm finding comfort in that. :) I really do think Carrie will be nominated for an Oscar someday, and it was amazing for her to get a Globe nomination for the very first song she'd ever written for a movie. So I hope that encouraged her to write more movie songs in the future, and hopefully one of those will be able to snag an Oscar nod. Can you imagine how dazzled she'd leave the audience full of actors, directors, writers, producers, etc, after one of her performances? :)

abbeyjones18

I do think that Carrie's song should have been nominated (and I was happy to see Randy Newman point out that there should have been a fifth nominee in his acceptance speech). But I have a feeling that TAPFU will not be Carrie's last shot at a nomination for this category, so I'm finding comfort in that. :) I really do think Carrie will be nominated for an Oscar someday, and it was amazing for her to get a Globe nomination for the very first song she'd ever written for a movie. So I hope that encouraged her to write more movie songs in the future, and hopefully one of those will be able to snag an Oscar nod. Can you imagine how dazzled she'd leave the audience full of actors, directors, writers, producers, etc, after one of her performances? :)

Good post...we have a right to be disappointed, but I do think that Carrie will have more chances in the future! :)

HuiZ

The winning song for Golden Globe Awards wasn't even nominated at the Oscars as well. Just like the Toy Story 3 song winning here. It's basically just different set of voters.

Considering how important Oscar/GGs are for the movie industry, any nominations will happen with a certain amount of backing and campaigning for sure. There are hundreds and hundreds of choices every year, doubt a movie/song/actor would find the way onto the nomination list with zero help.

HuiZ

And I wasn't blaming anyone, just to clarify. Just saying that the politics of the industry is crazy! And that Carrie getting the nom means even more, because she truly deserved it, and didn;t just get it because of some block-voting from certain groups.
To be fair, we don't actually know for sure how the voting went for Carrie at GG.

teesharky

I actually haven't heard the TS song....Haven't seen the movie either.

Agree. I think it is very naive to ignore the politics that go on in all these award shows. I used to blindly think the best man won, but I was very wrong.

And yes, TAPFU more then deserved an Oscar nom.