Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out Of That Truck

PRGuy79

Does this even help streaming for Denim & Rhinestones if it isn't classified as a song on a deluxe version for the album? It is strange because this level of promotion hasn't existed for the album singles - so to suddenly shift to all this focus for a song that isn't helping streaming for the album is perplexing. Surely it will count?!?

Eder Rodrigues

It seems to be a label strategy, like: "Hey Carrie, D&R sales haven't picked up yet, we don't have a big hit from the album, HMH is slow on the radio, how about you go to the studio record some songs? We release one on your birthday and if it becomes a hit we release a Deluxe version of the album. If it doesn't become a hit, it just remains as a gift for your fans and we end the era with "Hate My Heart".

Hil

It seems to be a label strategy, like: "Hey Carrie, D&R sales haven't picked up yet, we don't have a big hit from the album, HMH is slow on the radio, how about you go to the studio record some songs? We release one on your birthday and if it becomes a hit we release a Deluxe version of the album. If it doesn't become a hit, it just remains as a gift for your fans and we end the era with "Hate My Heart".
You mean a streaming hit? Because they haven't even pushed HMH yet at radio, unless they pull it.

Carrie_Hannah

I see alot of people refer to the songs on D&R as lackluster. Is this the consensus from most of her fans, because I strongly disagree. I love the album!
I disagree as well. I donā€™t think it is ā€œlacklusterā€, howeverā€¦ I do think itā€™s too different for radio and seems like she experimented way more with this album than she has with any other album. I think this was a sort of ā€œdreamā€ album for her with many of her favorite singers and bands being influences. Sheā€™s never been able to do that fully before and with that comes more distaste than any other album from MOST people. Most country listeners donā€™t like different and D&R Carrie is different. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

angeliccarrie

I disagree as well. I donā€™t think it is ā€œlacklusterā€, howeverā€¦ I do think itā€™s too different for radio and seems like she experimented way more with this album than she has with any other album. I think this was a sort of ā€œdreamā€ album for her with many of her favorite singers and bands being influences. Sheā€™s never been able to do that fully before and with that comes more distaste than any other album from MOST people. Most country listeners donā€™t like different and D&R Carrie is different. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
I think this is why I love D&R and Carrie so much because she is so unique and different!

Hil

Kelleigh says I know you're not done with Denim and Rhinestones, but lets discuss your new song... In the Apple Music Today's Country Interview with Kelleigh Bannen Carrie says "I'm always working on somthing, the creativity process never really stops. This is a song that we wrote, that I love, It's just a fun jam. It is my birthday, even though we don't speak of that. But I can do whatever I want, so, why not?! Why not give a present. It's not all about taking all the time. Sometimes it's fun to just surprise people and do things just because. So, I can, and I did."

I still think this is for something more than just a surprise song since it's getting so much promo. I do think she released it on her birthday because she wanted to, but I think more is coming. Whether it be an EP or a Deluxe of D&R.

FanSince04

Kelleigh says I know you're not done with Denim and Rhinestones, but lets discuss your new song... In the Apple Music Today's Country Interview with Kelleigh Bannen Carrie says "I'm always working on somthing, the creativity process never really stops. This is a song that we wrote, that I love, It's just a fun jam. It is my birthday, even though we don't speak of that. But I can do whatever I want, so, why not?! Why not give a present. It's not all about taking all the time. Sometimes it's fun to just surprise people and do things just because. So, I can, and I did."

I still think this is for something more than just a surprise song since it's getting so much promo. I do think she released it on her birthday because she wanted to, but I think more is coming. Whether it be an EP or a Deluxe of D&R.
I agree with this statement.

Reactions: Hil

Hil

But here's a question I have, would she be doing interviews before debuting an EP or deluxe album if they were coming? I get she's doing it to promo the song, but to not mention something coming? If it becomes a single it's not like it's going to help sell the album if it's not attached.

FanSince04

Artists release songs all the time just keep their name in the headlines which may be part of her reasoning for doing this while she waits to release an actual LP. Perhaps a deluxe album is in the works too. I say enjoy the song and get out of your head šŸ˜‰

• Love
Reactions: Hil