Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out Of That Truck

DirtyLaundry

I feel like the tour was the only thing really keeping this era alive and they probably knew that. I actually like the idea of releasing a new song to keep her name out there as the tour ends — if the song does smash it will add new life even if it’s not directly linked to D&R. If it doesn’t, no harm done anyway.

I’ve been enjoying the song, it’s really catchy. Hopefully this one connects.

LilUnderwood

Okay normally I’m like yolo do what you want but seriously what the heck is going on?! All this promo for a song not on the radio right now like girl what are you doing the people need answers!

Hil

I feel like the tour was the only thing really keeping this era alive and they probably knew that. I actually like the idea of releasing a new song to keep her name out there as the tour ends — if the song does smash it will add new life even if it’s not directly linked to D&R. If it doesn’t, no harm done anyway.

I’ve been enjoying the song, it’s really catchy. Hopefully this one connects.
I agree, but it's just odd it's not sent to radio and getting the promo of a new album.

CU4ever

This is more promo than the album received during roll-out. Baffling.
Yes… what is going on? You’d think OOTT was an album title that was being released at the end of the month. I just wonder two things: why this random single is receiving more promo than the album did and why the album didn’t receive this much promo

Hil

OOTT is the “new song of the week” or something like that on The Highway Sirius XM Channel. They keep playing a clip of it and asking their listeners to let them know what they think on their social media…must be a poll or something.
Have you seen or heard any of the replies? Or if the DJ's like it?

angeliccarrie

I think her team is trying out a new strategy maybe in terms of picking singles. I know some people are on other boards. Do other people seem to like OOTT?

Hil

This article....👀 What is going on?!

"With cars clearly on her mind, Underwood recently released a new song, “Out of that Truck,” which is expected to be part of her next album. Hear it below." 👀

CU4ever

This article....👀 What is going on?!

"With cars clearly on her mind, Underwood recently released a new song, “Out of that Truck,” which is expected to be part of her next album. Hear it below." 👀
I wonder if they’re just assuming that? Usually Carrie is the first to announce things for us but I have had a personal theory new music will be quick this time as it’s her first era in a while without some sort of delay (before BA there was Sound of music, Before Storyteller and CP she was pregnant, before D&R there was covid and her Christmas and gospel album)

Hil

I wonder if they’re just assuming that? Usually Carrie is the first to announce things for us but I have had a personal theory new music will be quick this time as it’s her first era in a while without some sort of delay (before BA there was Sound of music, Before Storyteller and CP she was pregnant, before D&R there was covid and her Christmas and gospel album)
Well, those things, but music didn't always come out as fast, or plentiful (36 songs) as it is now. Lot of reasons, including streaming, to keep the music flowing. Also, D&R merch is on sale and it's not a holiday.

adam1995

Well, those things, but music didn't always come out as fast, or plentiful (36 songs) as it is now. Lot of reasons, including streaming, to keep the music flowing. Also, D&R merch is on sale and it's not a holiday.
Merch is probably on sale because the tour just ended and they’re getting rid of excess inventory. I don’t think that has to do with any new music.

Hil

Merch is probably on sale because the tour just ended and they’re getting rid of excess inventory. I don’t think that has to do with any new music.
maybe, I don't remember other merch going on sale after tours. Usually it's always on sale during holiday sales. I wasn't the only one to notice. of course, it could mean nothing but the tour is over. Still, if she were planning on putting out more singles for the album....idk

maddkat

Staff member
^^ agree Hil something is up, they have never put merch on sale just 4 days after the end of a tour

Reactions: Hil