Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Peanuts' cracks big screen again

Naco1776

Craig Schulz, one of Charles' sons, believes it's time for a new movie treatment with the animated Peanuts (due out Nov. 6, 2015). The last time Peanuts characters saw feature-length screen time was with 1980'sBon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don't Come Back!!).

"It's long overdue," says Schulz. "The fans have been asking for a long time, but we held off until the time was right."

Sneak peek: 'Peanuts' cracks big screen again

pklongbeach

Not sure how to feel about.

As the "Tv specials" went on and on, alot of the magic of the "simplicity" of the peanuts characters got lost.

To a project like the peanuts the naive, simple, childlike, sincere, approach is absolutely neccessary. And in todays cynical view, I am not sure you can actually recapture Schultzs original "feeling".

You can go back and watch the TV Specials, and you can feel the authenticity in the childrens voices, and the simple raw animation is so improtant to keep the relaxed nature of childlike simplicity.

As th series moved into the 80's it lost most of that.

So I just don't think you can recapture that. Times change. And its wonderful that we have the originals to go back to. And children still respond to them just like they did 50 years ago.
But recapturing the magic is almost impossible. Especially when the genius behind it is gone.

I love the PEanuts, so I am just not sure that this is a good idea. I wish it well.