Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures taken in and around Elkhorn Kentucky

DigitalDan

I was fascinated with the long train tunnel in Elkhorn KY. The first picture is a composite of 4 pictures showing the whole tunnel. About 7 miles from Elkhorn is the Breaks National Park Half of the park is in Kentucky and half in Virgina. My wife took the picture of the deer - but I wanted to include it because I like it. The house is from the 1800s.

breaksnationalpark.jpg

rivercircle.jpg

riverme.jpg

orangetunnel.jpg

riverme.jpg

traingv.jpg

tunnelandcreek.jpg

waterreflections.jpg

oldhouse.jpg

deeratbreaks.jpg

glenn7

Thanks for sharing Dan. Sure are some curvey roads and steep hills in that part of the country. Coal country trains with several engines pulling and pushing are just amazing. Lot of these railroad tracks where laid down with a lot of manual labor before all the modern equipment we have today.

Kizmet311

Awww, you were close to my hometown! I was born in Pikeville, KY. I'm assuming when you say Elkhorn, you meant Elkhorn City, unless there is another one that I don't know about. It is beautiful there in the fall. And it's lots of fun to ride an ATV up to the top of a strip mine. :)

Maggie

Dan,
Thank you for sharing all the beautiful photos.
My favorites are #3, #5, and #7.

kaileigh

Wow! Now that's a scenery! Those are amazing! I wish I could see those, personally! Great! I love all of it! :)
Thanks, Dan!

DigitalDan

Awww, you were close to my hometown! I was born in Pikeville, KY. I'm assuming when you say Elkhorn, you meant Elkhorn City, unless there is another one that I don't know about. It is beautiful there in the fall. And it's lots of fun to ride an ATV up to the top of a strip mine. :)

Kizmet, you are right that it is Elkhorn City. It was just Elkhorn when my mother was born there. That's why I think of it by that name. I went there to see where she was born. She went to the Pikeville school. I'm going to PM you sometime because I would like to talk to you about it.

DigitalDan

I want to thank everyone for your comments. I'm thinking that I may post some of my favorite pet pictures over the years next, when I get a chance.

Kizmet311

Kizmet, you are right that it is Elkhorn City. It was just Elkhorn when my mother was born there. That's why I think of it by that name. I went there to see where she was born. She went to the Pikeville school. I'm going to PM you sometime because I would like to talk to you about it.

Go right ahead! While I was born in Pikeville and lived there (in Coal Run, actually) until I was 8, we moved to the other side of the county (closer to WV) and I graduated from Belfry High School. Pikeville High School was our big rival. :)

I want to thank everyone for your comments. I'm thinking that I may post some of my favorite pet pictures over the years next, when I get a chance.

I love pet pictures! You should definitely post those!