Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

poll best horror movie series

Best horror movie series.

• Nightmare on elm street

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Friday the 13th

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Chucky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Halloween

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Scream

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Final Destination

• Saw

• Texas Chainsaw massacre

• The Exorist

• Other

• Total voters

allamericangirl8

I don't think I've ever seen a series of horror movies. I usually just watch one of 'em and then move on because repetition strips away the scare factor for me.

Does Jurassic Park count? But it never scared me. Oh, well. JP2 is pretty blah, but JP3 was pretty awesome in terms of dinosaur interactions.

Edit: OH. The sequel to Friday the 13th was good. Well, only the first one. It was fun to watch an extreme Oedipus complex in action. :p

maddkat

Staff member
I'm going with the Alien movies.More suspense less gore, although they do have their fair share.

pklongbeach

Halloween! Always going to go with the Original.
But I have to admit, Halloween also started the who "sequel concept" when it made the first sequel.
John Carpenter still wrote it but it was directed by someone else and the concept of "a body count" had already been well established so they had to include unnecessary gore scenes.
IT was disapointing as a sequel but not even close to as bad as all the remaining ones got. They were Terrible!
Halloween 2000 tried to bring back the old glory (even bringing back Jamie Lee Curtis) and it was by far the best of the sequels but still managed to miss the suspense and simplicity of the original.
I was somewhat excited to learn that Rob Zomie was going to pick up the francise again from the beginning.
But alas, his insistance on "grossing out" much like Tarrentino, just got in the way of his ability to tell a story so it was a complete mess.
Oh well, don't mess with an original!
(I did like the Friday the 13th series just as a sort of fun popcorn series.)
Nightmare on Elm was a great original and suffered greatly in teh sequels.
The only francise that really held onto its original energy through out was Scream. IT knew what it was and did not try to be anything it wasn't.
You knew what you were going to get and it contiuned to deliever, even though it was the same stroy over and over again.
Finally, The Exorcist was a landmark film and should never have tried to be "copied". The others were terrible and completely unnoteworthy. No one even saw them!

bigbluegrl23

I didn't even know the exorcist was a series. But I'm voting for it based on the fact that the first one is incredible. Actually nvm, silence of the lambs.
Becca

Grace_Of_God

I voted for Scream because i like that as an overall series because its pretty well done. the 4th was even my second favorite behind the original. HOWEVER the movie that scared me the most and still does to this day is Poltergeist. i never saw its sequels but that movie scares the crap out of me

epicamends

I'm such a chicken when it comes to horror movies. They scare me way more now than they did when I was a kid. I absolutely refuse to watch the Paranormal Activity movies.

I'm more about thrillers these days, haha. ;)

bigbluegrl23

I voted for Scream because i like that as an overall series because its pretty well done. the 4th was even my second favorite behind the original. HOWEVER the movie that scared me the most and still does to this day is Poltergeist. i never saw its sequels but that movie scares the crap out of me

OMG I love that movie!! Have u heArd about all the creepy things that happened after filming. Half the kids died.
Becca

allamericangirl8

I absolutely refuse to watch the Paranormal Activity movies.

Don't worry. They're super lame. I was so disappointed in this series.

I second Poltergeist as one of the scariest films ever. The behind-the-scenes stuff was the scariest part, though. I also hate films that look like snuff films.

JB172

I don't think I've ever seen a series of horror movies. I usually just watch one of 'em and then move on because repetition strips away the scare factor for me.

Does Jurassic Park count? But it never scared me. Oh, well. JP2 is pretty blah, but JP3 was pretty awesome in terms of dinosaur interactions.

Edit: OH. The sequel to Friday the 13th was good. Well, only the first one. It was fun to watch an extreme Oedipus complex in action. :p

I can't believe that the first Jurassic Park will be 20 years old this summer.

thunder92

I can't believe that the first Jurassic Park will be 20 years old this summer.

Holy crap thats insane! I love those movies.

I sometimes love horror movies, but other times I cant stand them. I will NEVER watch one alone haha