Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: Fourth Single

Poll: Fourth Single

• Renegade Runaway

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Dirty Laundry

Votes: 54 71.1%
  • Choctaw County Affair

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Like I'll Never Love You Again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Relapse

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

ethelu

Dirty Laundry for Single #4! If there is 5th one I am okay with anything except Clock Don't Stop. What I Never Knew.. and Relapse have really grown on me and I still love Chaser and Choctaw County Affair. It would be cool if she did a lyric video for The Girl You Think I Am for father's day even if it doesn't get released as a single.

I noticed the other day, that in spite of the fact that Carrie performs CDS in concert, it lags well behind most of the other ST songs on VEVO. She should change it out for Chaser or Relapse in concert.

I think TGYTIA would make a great single. Over 800,000 views on VEVO.

gocountrymusic

I noticed the other day, that in spite of the fact that Carrie performs CDS in concert, it lags well behind most of the other ST songs on VEVO. She should change it out for Chaser or Relapse in concert.

I think TGYTIA would make a great single. Over 800,000 views on VEVO.

I have a feeling that they had a feeling it would have had a better response when planning the tour and the tour was set up before the album release. I could get why they would think it would work. Its a general message song and I really like the concept of forgiveness in the song and love the line "I'm wrong you're right kiss me goodnight". I just can't connect to the song though even though I want to. I prefer Chaser to Relaspe too but I'd be fine with either of those replacing CDS.

countrymusicfan15

Dirty Laundry has become my favorite song of Carrie's, so I would love for it to be a single this era! However, I have come to terms with my favorites remaining album tracks (SWISLY, This Time, Quitter, GOOTT, SLT, The Night Before (Life Goes On).
I do have a slight feeling that WINKIAW could get released. I just don't think it is country-enough sounding. But, it is consistently the top selling of the non-singles on Storyteller, with Dirty Laundry and The Girl You Think I Am always right behind..or even sometimes overtaking it from time to time. Last week, DL was actually #11 among all of Carrie's songs on itunes! And someone mentioned it in the top 1500 for all-genre for a day. So I do think DL has a very strong chance!!! I just hope her team realizes how well-liked it is.

Right now among Carrie's songs on itunes, WINK.. is at #14, The Girl You Think I Am at #18, and DL at #20.

CrazyAboutCarrie

I noticed that too lol. I personally like CCA over DL but she needs a song to really get some attention for this album, and DL will do that. CCA will get her the attention for the Grammy's.

I agree with you. DL for the album promotion, CCA for a grammy nomination. Then we can talk about 6th single. RRA or Chaser or Relapse or Mexico OR WINKIAW or Girl you think I am or..... Keep um coming.... Lots of singles on this album!!

maddkat

Staff member
Dirty Laundry has become my favorite song of Carrie's, so I would love for it to be a single this era! However, I have come to terms with my favorites remaining album tracks (SWISLY, This Time, Quitter, GOOTT, SLT, The Night Before (Life Goes On).
I do have a slight feeling that WINKIAW could get released. I just don't think it is country-enough sounding. But, it is consistently the top selling of the non-singles on Storyteller, with Dirty Laundry and The Girl You Think I Am always right behind..or even sometimes overtaking it from time to time. Last week, DL was actually #11 among all of Carrie's songs on itunes! And someone mentioned it in the top 1500 for all-genre for a day. So I do think DL has a very strong chance!!! I just hope her team realizes how well-liked it is.

Right now among Carrie's songs on itunes, WINK.. is at #14, The Girl You Think I Am at #18, and DL at #20.
agree about WINK
I'd love to see DL or CCA released but wouldn't be surprised at all if WINK were the fourth and last single for ST.

Which I'm fine with as long as Carrie wears a bikini in the video.
2uge4p4.gif

oh and didn't vote in the poll as Chaser was completely dissed. :)

ethelu

agree about WINK
I'd love to see DL or CCA released but wouldn't be surprised at all if WINK were the fourth and last single for ST.

2uge4p4.gif

Please let there be a fifth single, at least!
Please don't let WINK be a single.
Okay if Carrie wants to wear a bikini, lol.
You're so right, Chaser was dissed!

ramb

I think CCA is Carrie's best song yet, so I'd be definitly happy if it gets released.
That being said, I voted for DL. I think it has to be next. It's such an amazing song.
Then, if the label is smart enough to give Carrie a 5th single, I think CCA is the perfect era-closure choice.

But I got the feeling that things will go this way: NO 5th single, and RR or WINK as 4th single. I think they're gonna pull another Mama's Song this time.
I really don't think the label is bold/smart enough to go with CCA.

ethelu

I think CCA is Carrie's best song yet, so I'd be definitly happy if it gets released.
That being said, I voted for DL. I think it has to be next. It's such an amazing song.
Then, if the label is smart enough to give Carrie a 5th single, I think CCA is the perfect era-closure choice.

But I got the feeling that things will go this way: NO 5th single, and RR or WINK as 4th single. I think they're gonna pull another Mama's Song this time.
I really don't think the label is bold/smart enough to go with CCA.

I thought they kind of hinted about there maybe being a 5th single when the album came out. Of course that doesn't mean it will happen. Carrie will need to perform something at the CMAs, and I think CCA would be perfect with Carrie playing harmonica, or she could do that at the Grammys. I'm hoping the response to CCA in concert and in reviews will make them release it as a single.

carriefan14

agree about WINK

2uge4p4.gif

I didn't diss Chaser. It has already been released in the UK and Carrie said the label thought it was too long for a US release. There's a 99% chance it won't be released.

carriefan14

That viral Church Bells performance may have changed my mind. I was going for Dirty Laundry, but seeing how the choir changed the song completely makes me want Choctaw County Affair.

Imagine if she did CCA at the Grammys with a choir to go, MMMIMM at the beginning!

luxoricious

Yes, I agree. We totally need a CCA performance at the Grammy with a choir.
That song is so huge, and Carrie herself said it set the tone for the whole record. Obviously she loves it and so will the general public.
Imagine an epic music video along with that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty aware that DL is a fan favorite, but it's too Miranda in my opinion. I'm not sure she needs to release it as a single.

I will support it if she releases it though, of course.

simonplay

Nothing sounds more like Miranda than Smoke Break and it was the lead single! Lol

I don't hear Miranda in DL at all.

ethelu

Nothing sounds more like Miranda than Smoke Break and it was the lead single! Lol

I don't hear Miranda in DL at all.

I don't hear Miranda in either song. Just because Carrie sings with a twang and the sound is more country, doesn't make it sound like Miranda.

simonplay

Its not the twang, I can barely hear a twang in SB. Its more the style, the sound and the tone of her voice that sound like Miranda.
I still remember the first time I hear the 30 seconds clip of SB and all I was thinking was "wtf? Miranda is that you?" Lol

ethelu

Its not the twang, I can barely hear a twang in SB. Its more the style, the sound and the tone of her voice that sound like Miranda.
I still remember the first time I hear the 30 seconds clip of SB and all I was thinking was "wtf? Miranda is that you?" Lol

I guess we'll agree to disagree, I don't hear it at all, lol.

luxoricious

Miranda can't pull SB chorus off, she doesn't sing that well.
Dirty Laundry, on the other hand, Carrie barely sings, is a more "talk driven" song, which Miranda does a lot, that's what I meant about DL sounding too Miranda-ish.
Carrie is known for being a great vocalist, I don't think DL is a good example of that, neither is a great song in my opinion.
But well, who knows, maybe the general public wants to hear something like that. Maybe it will be a big hit for her.