Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: **ROUND 6: That's Where It Is vs Inside Your Heaven

"That's Where It Is" vs "Inside Your Heaven"

• "That's Where It Is"

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • "Inside Your Heaven"

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After 2 consecutive wins, "Starts with Goodbye" was eliminated by "That's Where It Is".

In this round, "Inside Your Heaven" is the challenger. As this song was not included in the standard edition, I asked for RobinAnnHunt's opinion and she approved it.

Voting will be open for 3 days.

If the 2 songs are tied at the end, the song chosen by the first answerer will advance

-------

Special thanks to countrymusicfan15 - the creator of "Carnival Ride" face-off game

PRGuy79

The fact that "Inside Your Heaven" is Carrie's coronation song and brings back so many memories of that great night on American Idol, it has my vote...

Pitocco

Inside Your Heaven all the way. STILL one of my all-time favorite Carrie songs; we don't get to see this side of her that often

epicamends

This is not even close for me. I skip IYH all the time, in fact I rarely consider it a Carrie song since she didn't have much choice in singing it. I like the emotion behind the history of the song (Idol coronation), but based on just the songs themselves TWII is miles and miles ahead of IYH.

Carrieflattsfan

i can't believe iyh has any votes. :eek: i always thought it was widely considered her worst song.

Anyway, twii by so much it's sad.

This.

I never, ever listen to IYH. I don't even consider it Carrie's song, since she was basically forced to sing it. It probably is the best Idol coronation song aside from "A Moment Like This," but that isn't exactly a compliment. :p

allamericangirl8

I love A Moment Like This.

I love Carrie's vocal performance on IYH.

Yeah, that's as far as I can go. I do like her AI performance of it. And I mean I don't ALWAYS skip it when it comes on, but my God, I thought everyone considered it down there with MS and Quitter ( :mad: ).

That's Where It Is has some of the best lyrics and best vocals on Some Hearts, lbr. AND it's one of Carrie's few overtly sexual songs. :)

Carrieflattsfan

I love A Moment Like This.

I love Carrie's vocal performance on IYH.

Yeah, that's as far as I can go. I do like her AI performance of it. And I mean I don't ALWAYS skip it when it comes on, but my God, I thought everyone considered it down there with MS and Quitter ( :mad: ).

That's Where It Is has some of the best lyrics and best vocals on Some Hearts, lbr. AND it's one of Carrie's few overtly sexual songs. :)

Kelly's vocal performance is great, but the song itself is so cheesy. LOL.

I always skip IYH, always.

If I ever listen to it I'm watching video of the night she won Idol.

1. MS
2. Quitter

3. Inside Your Heaven

I hate that artists have to record the song on their albums, too; why can't they just sing it on finale night and be done with it? Everyone always hates those songs anyway. :p

I've always loved TWII, but I never realized how sexual it was until listening to it a few years ago. Although, knowing Carrie, she probably doesn't interpret the lyrics as dirty, and we're just a bunch of perverts. :D

allamericangirl8

Gurl, there is no way to interpret it as not sexual. :p But that's the nice thing. It's not trashy sexual a la Last Name or Sugar Rush (which I love both don't get me wrong). It actually showcases sex as an act of love. I think that's one of the most special things about this song. Takes something tired and widely interpreted as trashy and classes that shizz up.

And the manner in which the lyrics were penned is extraordinary imo. Great imagery and great abstractions. It's just got such a great vibe, and the production is A+. Maybe it's a song that just needs to click with people.

clh_hilary

OMG so both songs are about sex!

---

And no, it's not a must for people to record the song for their debut albums. Kris Allen did not include "No Boundaries" (Neither did Adam Lambert) on his self-titled debut album, but "Heartless", which was a Kanye West cover and his most praised song on Idol.

william0102

I love IYH and even though most people think it's cheesy, it's one of the few songs that are like that, that I can listen to and I don't get tired of. It always makes me smile.