Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Thanks no longer - use Facebook Like button instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Administrator
I've dumped the post thanks business. Not only is it annoying it doesn't help to reduce the clutter. If you want to show someone they made a good post then use the Facebook Like button instead. This way you'll be sharing the Carrie love with more people. See the pic below.
post-thanks.jpg

DaisyTweets

Well since I don't have a facebook page guess I'll be doing posts!!! Man that will get my post count up in a hurry!!!!:eek:

James

Administrator
Awww. I'm sorry but I seems a better thing that if you really like something someone posted it should be shared with more than just the board. However, I will turn on the reputation system which does a similar thing for like/dislike for stuff that wouldn't necessarily be Facebook material.

Manchs

Awww. I'm sorry but I seems a better thing that if you really like something someone posted it should be shared with more than just the board. However, I will turn on the reputation system which does a similar thing for like/dislike for stuff that wouldn't necessarily be Facebook material.

It seems interesting. :)

I took a better look now... Is it possible to like a post? I think we can only like a thread lol

DaisyTweets

I really liked the thanks feature and used it alot to thank people for finding articles, pictures, Cary and his chart updates and Russ too, Tee posting all her scans and stuff like that! But I'll just change to doing posts!!

Ann055

I really liked the thanks feature and used it alot to thank people for finding articles, pictures, Cary and his chart updates and Russ too, Tee posting all her scans and stuff like that! But I'll just change to doing posts!!

James is going to fix us up with another feather like the thanks button!! :)

rainbow1

I sure hope that reputation thing works, there's alot of stuff that I'm sure shouldn't be going to facebook.

DaisyTweets

I've dumped the post thanks business. Not only is it annoying it doesn't help to reduce the clutter. If you want to show someone they made a good post then use the Facebook Like button instead. This way you'll be sharing the Carrie love with more people. See the pic below.
View attachment 28462

I just reread this again with clean glasses :biggrin: and speaking only for myself, I didn't find the thanks button annoying!!! I used it to let my fellow posters and friends know that the pictures or articles or useful information they shared was appreciated. But perhaps from your end it adds alot of bits and bytes baggage on the site.

hjj

Is the started of the thread the only one that can get a like button? If it is connected at all to my facebook I doubt I will use it. I tend to not use fb too much.

Farawayhills

I'm another one who's not on Facebook - mind you, I wasn't on Twitter either until we all got blown away! :biggrin:

I've seen the reputation feature before, and it does work in doing much the same thing.

carebearcarrie

can you only like themain thread post though? it doesnt show up on individual posts in a thread...

Chasing Dreams

I don't have a Facebook, but I never liked that "thanks button" much either. So, thank you so much for all of your hard work, James!

allamericangirl8

I hate Facebook and sharing with other people who don't give a crap something I'm interested in. To be honest, I hate most of my Facebook friends, and I have 500+.

Sorry. Little rant right there. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.