Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Thanks no longer - use Facebook Like button instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

allamericangirl8

I wish the green dot would say, "Happy birthday, Izzy Stradlin," when you hover it. It would be an homage to Carrie in a way, since she's covered four Guns N' Roses songs. :peace:

blondemama

I would rather continue with at least the option of thanks. I don't like all the likes bogging down my Facebook page which means now we have to have pages of thanks on threads sorry but I don't use likes that Fred into Facebook and what about who don't use or don't want fb accounts?

nannygirl

Aww, man, that means I can't thank people who are on my side in an argument all passive-aggressive like. :(

But, okay, I'll...I mean...my Facebook isn't where I'd be liking Nicole's oddly specific inappropriate jokes or Tee's rants, so can we have a Twitter share button too? :)

mlawlor

I actually liked the "thanks" button, and have even kind of wished it was on other fan boards I visit when I'm not thinking about Carrie. Although, perhaps a post saying "thanks" does the same thing. I've never been a fan of the facebook "like" feature, as I see some people over abuse it sometimes. (I also don't know what my fb friends would think if they saw that I wasn't the only one crazy about Carrie all the time.)

nannygirl

Right ? We can't be passive-aggressive anymore. :(

I'd have passive-aggressively thanked that post to emphasize to James that I'm against his getting rid of the thanks button but I can't. :(

I actually liked the "thanks" button, and have even kind of wished it was on other fan boards I visit when I'm not thinking about Carrie. Although, perhaps a post saying "thanks" does the same thing. I've never been a fan of the facebook "like" feature, as I see some people over abuse it sometimes. (I also don't know what my fb friends would think if they saw that I wasn't the only one crazy about Carrie all the time.)

Posting "thanks" would clog up the forums more, methinks. And be annoying. I liked seeing Cary get a bajillion thanks in the Mediabase thread but slogging through a bajillion posts that just say, "Thanks, Cary!" would be so infuriating...

Here's to the Thanks Button and all of the great passive-aggressive moments I have shared with it. <3

James

Administrator
Use the reputation option. Give points for good and take them away for bad. Way better than thanks.

Ann055

I don't see the reputation option on the individual posts yet. Will you be adding that feature? Thank you.

allamericangirl8

Nooooo! I hate reputation. They used to have that on a Maiden fan site I'm a part of. I ended up with 124 reputation points, and these guys saw that I was a Dokken fan and dropped me to -89 in one day. :thumbdown

On the other hand, on the Nancy Drew fan site I'm a part of, I have 18,000 rep points, and I haven't been on in a year. Winning.

clh_hilary

It seems I only could have the option to add reputation to my own posts?! I mean I only see the button under my own posts (of course I can't add reputation to myself).

_luvqry

Nooooo! I hate reputation. They used to have that on a Maiden fan site I'm a part of. I ended up with 124 reputation points, and these guys saw that I was a Dokken fan and dropped me to -89 in one day. :thumbdown

On the other hand, on the Nancy Drew fan site I'm a part of, I have 18,000 rep points, and I haven't been on in a year. Winning.

sorry.... I found it funny :p

maybe this will be my first negative one?

12russ79

LMFAO I'm never joining or it would kill my fragile ego...
To see -999,999,999,999,999,999 would be hard to handle.. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.