Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prayers for Indianapolis

I'm always in the Sugarpit. I was going to go to the Indianapolis show because I have family there. However I went to Nashville two weeks ago and have a wedding out of town this next weekend so I didn't. It just give me chills and breaks my heart for all those involved. What if the opening band or even Sugarland had been on that stage? The whole thing is such a terrible tragedy.

Sara B. had been on the stage a half hour before it went down - enough said there. And it breaks my heart to think of what it would have been like had Jen and Kristian been on that stage. It all makes me sick to think about it.

hjj

I believe not only those on stage would have being in peril but more fans likely would have being lost or injured.

blitzer50

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved. When I first heard about this last night, it gave me chilling flashbacks to last year. My dad and I were at the Illnois State Fair last August to see Lady Antebellum. The weather was ok when we got there, but soon afterwards, all of a sudden the wind really picked up, the skies turned real dark, and it started raining hard. We had to take shelter in the grandstand. Later on, with the rain, wind, and lightning still threatening, they cancelled the show. I just wish the people at the Sugarland show had more warning.

teesharky

I read on CNN or something that Sugarland was backstage, doing their usual pre-performance group prayer thing (like Carrie does with her band), and they were about to go on, but their manager told them to wait a few minutes due to the high winds, etc.

He may have saved their life-- or else their prayers did. Maybe a combo of both. :(

What a shocking thing to happen....We have all been to so many outdoor concerts and you never think about things like this. It was almost like that cloud and wind came so suddenly, out of nowhere, like the hand of God or something. Very scary.

buckeyecarriefan

I read on CNN or something that Sugarland was backstage, doing their usual pre-performance group prayer thing (like Carrie does with her band), and they were about to go on, but their manager told them to wait a few minutes due to the high winds, etc.

He may have saved their life-- or else their prayers did. Maybe a combo of both. :(

What a shocking thing to happen....We have all been to so many outdoor concerts and you never think about things like this. It was almost like that cloud and wind came so suddenly, out of nowhere, like the hand of God or something. Very scary.

Just a normal summer evening in the Midwest. Anyone from Michigan down to Kentucky and west to about Colorado will tell you that we'll be sitting there in complete sunlight on a beautiful day one minute, and the next all hell breaks loose.

I'm actually surprised something like this doesn't happen more often in these areas. The storms can literally just blow up over top of you.

Carrieflattsfan

Wow, that's incredible. Someone was definitely watching over Sugarland and their band last night.

Tom, amen on the weather comment. As they say here, "don't like the weather?" "Wait five minutes."

buckeyecarriefan

Yeah the same weather system came through here later on(probably about 11 oclock). It was worth south and it had died down some before it got here, but we had quite a bit of wind and a lot of rain.

It's just weird. This "storm" that hit Indy didn't even sound like something that's that bad by their normal standards. Guess it was just one of those fluke things, and unfortunately for the ones that died it was just their time to go.

Wow, that's incredible. Someone was definitely watching over Sugarland and their band last night.

Tom, amen on the weather comment. As they say here, "don't like the weather?" "Wait five minutes."

I absolutely agree with you both. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Sugarland was in that prayer circle for a reason. Others may call it a coincidence that their manager kept them back, but I truly do believe it was the hand of God that kept them there and that he was watching over them. I also can't help but think that their lives were spared for a reason. I know that's sounds horrible to say when others were lost, but you guys know I'm not trying to be rude (at least I hope you know that).