Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prayers for Those Hit by Hurricane Irma

Momin

Just wanted to post this thread for those living in target areas for Hurricane Irma. Hope you all stay safe during this extremely difficult time. Please keep us posted in this thread whenever you guys are able to after the storm is over.

My step grandmother, Joyce, lives in Florida and the hurricane is set to hit her town first. She lives with her dog. She had decided to stay home and wait for it to be over but now that it's supposed to cause way more damage, evacuating houses has become compulsory and now she's going to a shelter with a friend.

Hope everyone gets through this.

Godspeed!

hjj

Yeah I am sticking it out at home too. I am not in an evacuation zone or surge area, so hopefully the wind is not too bad. Prayers to your step grandmother and all stays safe.

liz278

I too am saying prayers for everyone in Irma's path. Stay safe everyone in Florida.

cmuf2011

Staying home also bk closed at 8 Saturday and is staying closed all day Sunday and Monday classes cancelled for Monday and Tuesday right now it's the calm before the storm. It's suppose to get bad Sunday evening/night-Monday night. Right now I'm in the calm mood where I feel like everything gonna be alright with that being said I'm also not stupid and have water, non perishable food, flashlights, phone charged, car parked away from trees, car filled with gas, etc.

cmuf2011

Hurricane Irma for me has passed, everyone I know is safe. Plenty are still out of power I am one of the blessed ones who didn't even lose power it flickered but that's it. Not sure of the extent of my county damage since today everywhere was closed due to high winds, trees and power lines being down however from what I've seen it has been a few trees down, branches and debris everywhere. Still gloomy out on the bright side the weather over here was nice today.