Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the singles

countrymusicfan15

Now that we’ve had a couple weeks to digest and dissect the album, what do you predict the singles will be? I’m thinking it’ll go:

2. Crazy Angels
3. Velvet Heartbreak
4. Burn
5. She Don’t Know

Zach1998

What I want:

2. Crazy Angels
3. Velvet Heartbreak
4. Burn
5. Hate My Heart or She Don't Know (even though we probably won't get a fifth single)

How it's probably going to go:

2. Crazy Angels
3. Pink Champagne
4. Burn or Velvet Heartbreak

Hil

I don't know in what order. I think there will only be four singles, but I threw in a fifth just in case.

Velvet Heartbreak
Crazy Angels
Burn
Hate My Heart.

Send Pink Champagne and Wanted Woman to AC. They'll never do it, but they should

The Nanook

1. Ghost Story
2. Velvet Heartbreak or Hate My Heart
3. Pink Champagne
4. Burn

Crazy Angels could be a single as well, but I'm not sure where it would fit or what would get bumped with only 3 other slots.

CU4ever

1. Ghost Story (peaks September '22)
2. Pink Champagne (October '22 - March '23)
3. Burn (April '23 - August '23)
4. Crazy Angels (September '23 - January '24)

and for fun...

CU8 Lead Single... late summer '24 and album late '24

tgbrinker

I feel like Pink Champagne is a lock
I can't imagine Burn not being a single
I wonder if they might put out Hate My Heart since HARDY is an in-demand writer. That could help industry play.

countrymusicfan15

^Pink Champagne would be such a mistake for country radio imo

I do like these choices, but HMH would also be a good choice, it stays stuck in my head.
Maybe flip flop VH & SDK since there might not be a 5th single
I have to agree. I just can’t see it performing well in callout scores either. Maybeeee if it was released in Spring and peaks in summer, but definitely doesn’t seem like it would fit well in fall or winter

bigd79

This is so hard since there is a number of songs that i think could be huge.
my best guesses as of right now…
2. Burn(peak around feb 2023)
3. Crazy Angels(peak around aug 2023)
4. Pink Champagne(peak around feb 2024)

The only way we get 5 singles i think is if all of these are huge hits. I also would not be surprised if one of these gets replaced with VH, HMH, or SDK. I also would not be entirely shocked to see a deluxe edition around a year from now that would provide a new single we dont know about at this time.
Poor Everyone Else and D&R should definitely not be singles(still love D&R though)
Faster should go to AC/HAC, but sadly i dont think it will.
Wanted Woman and Garden are great but i don’t really see a place for them anywhere unfortunately. Except to enjoy on the album of course😊

rgelo

2-Velvet Heartbreak
3-Faster
4-Burn

I would put Crazy Angels as a single but I'm not sure how well it'll perform on the charts. I think the majority of country radio listeners these days are men and this song is aimed at the opposite group. Also, it has the most dislikes in youtube compared to the other songs in the album (not sure why).

BlownAway14

Country Songs take forever to peak. It's really hard for me to think about choices since Ghost Story will probably pushed until the end of this year.

Maybe we get Burn and She Don't Know but I don't know If more is coming. I Can't wait 4 years for a new Carrie album.

CU4ever

Now that GS’ days are numbered, single two is imminent. I’m almost 100% sure they’re going to chose Pink Champagne, and sorry, but that just is a horrible idea IMO. I like the song but I think it would totally do quite bad. (Worse than Drinking Alone or Love Wins). If we want a serious shot at a true #1 hit, Burn or Crazy Angels needs to be next. I don’t look forward to spending 8 months on PC for it to peak at #18

rcramer

Let’s hope PC don’t . I am with others, don’t think it will go well on country radio…..

im fine with Burn or Crazy Angels…. Like VH tooo

Zach1998

Now that GS’ days are numbered, single two is imminent. I’m almost 100% sure they’re going to chose Pink Champagne, and sorry, but that just is a horrible idea IMO. I like the song but I think it would totally do quite bad. (Worse than Drinking Alone or Love Wins). If we want a serious shot at a true #1 hit, Burn or Crazy Angels needs to be next. I don’t look forward to spending 8 months on PC for it to peak at #18
Whew plz no. I wasn't overly thrilled having GS as a single and don't want to have to endure another 6/7 months of watching a chart run of a song I don't care about. I'm worried too though, because I have a bad feeling that it's going to be next as well.

If they choose any of

She Don't Know
Velvet Heartbreak
Burn
Crazy Angels
Hate My Heart

I will be a happy camper.

CU4ever

Whew plz no. I wasn't overly thrilled having GS as a single and don't want to have to endure another 6/7 months of watching a chart run of a song I don't care about. I'm worried too though, because I have a bad feeling that it's going to be next as well.

If they choose any of

She Don't Know
Velvet Heartbreak
Burn
Crazy Angels
Hate My Heart

I will be a happy camper.
Sadly, I really really feel like PC is going to be single two… and honestly that just greatly upsets me. There’s like a 5% chance it does well and a 95% chance it just doesn’t do well at all. I mean, first Love Wins, now likely Pink Champagne… sighs. Burn, Crazy Angels, even She Don’t Know & all the ones you named, I am 100% confident would easily go to #1. They’re all (especially Burn and CA) extremely radio friendly. PC is just too pop sounding IMO. Burn and CA are fun songs but safe as well, whereas PC is not safe sounding. I’m just disappointed ’cause I know there are singles that would return Carrie to the top of the charts (maybe even two weeks) & now it’s likely we have to spend until next September following a song to #20