Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions and Help needed for a Fantasy Baseball Draft

cassie2

Staff member
I would love to pick everyones brains for a moment if I may. lol I somehow got roped into playing in a Fantasy Baseball League with my family this season. I am one of 3 other females that the "boys" are allowing to play, and I only agreed to play to fill the league. Yep, I'm the 12th player!

Everyone in this sick family of mine are extremely competitive and if the truth be known I guess I am as well. The problem is that although I love the game and have been a season ticket holder for years, I am more than freaking out about the pending draft.

I would so appreciate any tips or advice that anyone is willing to share with me. I understand that my 1st 10 picks will be the crucial ones, after that my "guess" will more than likely be as good as the other 11 players. Hey, they are all "professional" players right? lol

Should I go for pitchers 1st? Heavy hitters? Or should I switch back and forth? You can see I have no plan! :rofl:

Well, I anxiously await everyones input! Remember, I'm a nice person, cause if you are reading this I haven't banned or suspended your account here now have I!!!! :rofl::rofl: Also, you wouldn't want me to ask Carrie to get out her Louisville slugger would you? lol So no tricks, just your best advice please!

Thanks everyone!

Sshhh, don't tell anyone I'm begging for assistance.......my family may accuse me of collusion!!

buckeyecarriefan

I usually go for hitters early and often.....but don't turn down a stud pitcher like Verlander or Halladay when you can get them. In most leagues, pitchers can be switched in and out early and often , and they only pitch every few days anyway. The best hitters will be carrying your team every day.

Also, make sure to see what categories the league is using for their scoring, and get at least one or two players that are good at each category. Even better if you can get, say, fast and powerful guys who can steal bases AND hit you home runs. And a personal favorite of mine is finding guys who can play multiple positions. This way they can fill in at a few different places if you have holes/people have days off/someone gets hurt.

thaifood

I have never played in a fantasy league...I just don't have the time, but here are a few things I am keeping an eye on & a couple of players that you may be able to get on the cheap.

Adam Wainwright looks to be back in form after Tommy John surgery. Maybe others will overlook him, you shouldn't.

Another pitcher coming back from surgery that is on a team that is ready to break out...Steven Strasbourg from Washington.

I'm also looking for big comeback seasons for 2 guys on the Angels. Torii Hunter & Vernon Wells both had off years last year & now with Albert in the lineup, I think both of those guys are set to rebound big time.

cassie2

Staff member
Thank you Tom and Ron. I truly appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. I've taken note of the players that you both suggested and I will do a little further research on them. Verlander,Halladay and Wainwright would be fantastic picks for pitching, hopefully I'll be able to pick up at least one of them for my team! Tori Hunter is another great suggestion, not only does he have a great bat, but he loves to climb the wall!

Thanks again guys!