Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rank the songs

thunder92

Here is my current list:

1. Blown Away
2. See You Again (this used to be in the middle, but shot up when my nana passed last month)
3. Good Girl
4. Do You Think About Me
5. Good In Goodbye (used to be number 1/2 but I just havent listened to it much lately---but definitely could be 1/2 again
6. Two Black Cadillacs
7. Wine After Whiskey
8. Who Are You
9. One Way Ticket
10. Nobody Ever Told You
11. Leave Love Alone
12. Forever Changed
13. Thank God For Hometowns
14. Cupids Got A Shotgun

All in all, the fist half of these could change at any point during the day lol

Sofa Critic

Two Black Cadillacs
Wine After Whiskey
Blown Away
Cupid's Got A Shotgun
Good Girl
Good in Goodbye
Thank God for Hometowns
One Way Ticket
Leave Love Alone
Who Are You
Do You Think About Me
See You Again
Nobody Ever Told You
Forever Changed

The first 5 would also be my favourite Carrie songs overall. From the other albums, I like: The Night Before (Life Goes On); Before He Cheats; That's Where It Is; Last Name; All American Girl; So Small; You Won't Find This; Mama's Song and Someday When I Stop Loving You.

bearball49

My favorites from Blown Away

1 Blown Away
2 See You Again
3 Who Are You
4 Good In Goodbye
5 Do You Think About Me
6 Nobody Ever Told You
7 Good Girl
8 Two Black Cadillacs
9 Wine After Whiskey
10 Leave Love Alone
11 Forever Changed
12 Thank God For Hometowns
13 Cupids Got A Shotgun
14 One Way Ticket

I must say that this was difficult. There are no songs that I skip and would be happy with any as a single.

My favorites in no particular order from previous albums. Jesus Take The Wheel, So Small, Just A Dream,I Know You Wont, Temporary Home, Quitter, Before He Cheats......honestly, in 4 albums, there is no song I dislike. I lean more towards big ballads, but Love Last Name so go figure

Burst

1. Blown Away (=)
2. Two Black Cadillacs (=)
3. Do You Think About Me (+2) It's been really growing on me for the past few weeks. :D
4. One Way Ticket (=)
5. Good Girl (+1)
6. See You Again (-3)
7. Wine After Whiskey (=)
8. Good in Goodbye (+1)
9. Who Are You (-1)
10. Cupid's Got a Shotgun (=)
11. Nobody Ever Told You (=)
12. Forever Changed (+1)
13. Leave Love Alone (-1)
14. Thank God For Hometowns (=)

3 Weeks Later:

1. Blown Away =
2. Do You Think About Me +1
3. Two Black Cadillacs -1
4. Good in Goodbye +4
5. One Way Ticket -1
6. Wine After Whiskey +1
7. Good Girl -2
8. See You Again -2
9. Cupid's Got a Shotgun +1
10. Who Are You -1
11. Nobody Ever Told You =
12. Leave Love Alone +1
13. Forever Changed -1
14. Thank God For Hometowns =

dsfox2009

I decided to give this another go now that the album is coming up to a year old already (can’t believe it has been that long already!). This time around I gave a little description next to the song to explain why I ranked it where I did…

Cupid’s Got a Shotgun - Probably Carrie’s most country sounding song yet. The hook is so catchy, and I can definitely relate as I always tend to duck and run when it comes to dating opportunities lol

Wine After Whiskey – Yet another song of Carrie’s that is very country when compared to her other tracks. Love the alcohol references, and they are perfectly used to convey the emotion of the song!

Blown Away – No explanation needed. This song is EPIC! Definitely the best single choice so far this era.

Two Black Cadillacs – The most complex story of all of the songs on the album. I love that Carrie somewhat holds back on the vocals until the very end where she just let’s it rip. I really wish that this song would have hit number one on HCS :/

Good Girl – An amazing lead single. The only complaint that I have about this song is that it borrows elements from multiple previous singles (CC, UI, BHC to an extent…). If it wasn’t for that, GG would be placed so much higher! I mean, who can resist that guitar solo and the amazing vocals during the bridge?!

See You Again – Quite a surprising single release, but I am somewhat excited to see how it plays out. Carrie is known for her faith-based singles and so we should have expected it. This is a great song, and although it is a little more on the pop side, it will do fine compared to the other songs that are being played at “country” radio today.

One Way Ticket – I’m not sure if this song will be released as a single any more, and that is such a shame. It’s so much fun, definitely different from anything Carrie has ever released (single or album track), and it is such a fan favorite.

Leave Love Alone – Another one of the more traditional country sounding songs on the album. If y’all haven’t noticed, I tend to prefer these types of tracks from Carrie :p but I completely understand having the variety of sounds on the albums.

Do You Think About Me – This is one of the songs that has slipped a little bit from my previous list. It’s not that I don’t like the song, it’s just that others have warmed up to me a little more as time goes on. Not sure how this song would play out as a single, but I could see it being a surprise single release after SYA.

Good In Goodbye – Not sure why this song is so low. The lyrics are great, the melody is beautiful...just doesn’t hit home with me as much as some of the others.

Who Are You – Another faith-based song. It is an amazing album closer, and I love the vocals and how Carrie shows off a little bit. Just doesn’t relate to me as much as others.

Forever Changed – The song gets a little sleepy for me, personally. The story is great and I can see why Carrie loves it. Idk…maybe the song needed a little bit of a different instrumentation or some bigger vocal areas to give it a little boost.

Nobody Ever Told You – Good song, and definitely doesn’t get the credit that it deserves. But personally it doesn’t place as high as the others. Love the music, the lyrics are great and totally Carrie, but idk if they both really work together for some reason for me.

Thank God For Hometowns – Very relatable but probably my least favorite of the album. It makes sense in the album, but it’s a little too slow and very safe when compared to the other songs of the album.

Here’s my old list, just in case you were curious. Only a few little changes from the last time I tried this!

Cupid’s Got a Shotgun
Wine After Whiskey
Two Black Cadillacs
Good Girl
Blown Away
Do You Think About Me
See You Again
One Way Ticket
Leave Love Alone
Thank God For Hometowns
Nobody Ever Told You
Who Are You
Good In Goodbye
Forever Changed

Carrieflattsfan

My new ranking (This list has changed each time I've done it).

1. Blown Away
2. Two Black Cadillacs
3. Good Girl
4. Good In Goodbye
5. Do You Think About Me
6. One Way Ticket
7. Forever Changed
8. Thank God For Hometowns
9. Nobody Ever Told You
10. Who Are You
11. Leave Love Alone
12. Cupid's Got A Shotgun

Honestly, the only 3 songs I hardly ever listen to are LLA and CGAS. Even then, I still enjoy them, but both had high burn rates for me.

A few months ago, I still chose CR as my favorite album, but seeing how many tracks I adore on this list, I would probably put give BA an edge, just because it's so versatile. I don't think I've ever changed my rankings so much in such a short time, and I think that's indicative of how much I still love it.

Carebear1997

1. Forever Changed
2. Thank God For Hometowns
3. See You Again
4. Blown Away
5. Good In Goodbye
6. Wine After Whiskey
7. Good Girl
8. Two Black Cadillacs
9. Do You Think About Me
10. Who Are You
11. Cupid's Got A Shotgun
12. One Way Ticket
13. Nobody Ever Told You
14. Leave Love Alone

I love each of these songs, but this is just my ranking.

Dreamerz87

Good in Goodbye
Wine After Whiskey
Forever Changed
Good Girl
Thank God for Hometowns
Blown Away
Do You Think About Me
Who Are You
One Way Ticket
Two Black Cadillacs
Nobody Ever Told You
Cupid's Got a Shotgun
Leave Love Alone

jjeff1979

1.Good Girl
2.Two Black Cadillacs
3.Good In Goodbye
4.See You Again
5.One Way Ticket
6.Cupid's Got A Shotgun
7.Wine After Whiskey
8.Nobody Ever Told You
9.Thank God For Hometowns
10.Forever Changed
11.Who Are You
12.Blown Away
13.Leave Love Alone
14.Do You Think About Me

I'm really not a fan of DYTAM,LLA or BA at all and never listen to any of them.Blown Away seems to be a lot of people's favourite song as well but it just doesnt do it for me.I love all of the first 4 songs in particular and Good Girl is probably my favourite Carrie song out of all her songs

CarrieFan928

1. Blown Away
2. See You Again
3. Wine After Whiskey
4. Good in Goodbye
5. Two Black Cadillacs
6. Do You Think About Me
7. Good Girl
8. Cupid's Got a Shotgun
9. Leave Love Alone
10. Thank God For Hometowns
11. Nobody Ever Told You
12. One Way Ticket
13. Who Are You
14. Forever Changed

AIgrl06

I've just realized that I NEVER did this?!?! Whaaa?! Well, a year later, here are my rankings:

1. Two Black Cadillacs
2. Do You Think About Me?
3. Wine After Whiskey
4. Good in Goodbye
5. Blown Away
6. Leave Love Alone
7. One Way Ticket
8. Forever Changed
9. See You Again
10. Thank God for Hometowns
11. Cupid's Got a Shotgun
12. Good Girl