Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rants Thread

nannygirl

It's amazing that there are so many people who are in denial that there are already gay players not only in the NFL but also all the other team sports.

Congrats to Michael Sam on getting drafted into the NFL.

Yes. This. And the fact he played for Mizzou, a team in the SEC (however fledgling its stay has been), is awesome. Because what do people think when they think SEC football? Alabama/the South. And for the first ever gay dude drafted into the NFL to come from a team that plays in a conference people associate with the South is HUGE.

maddkat

Staff member
^ your statement is dehumanizing to poor,poor Gwyneth :)
however I could not agree more,she is so full of herself and baloney
The absolute queen of pretentiousness

she's so unlikeable which is at odds with her mother who I find so likeable

JB172

^ your statement is dehumanizing to poor,poor Gwyneth :)
however I could not agree more,she is so full of herself and baloney
The absolute queen of pretentiousness

she's so unlikeable which is at odds with her mother who I find so likeable

queen of pretentiousness is exactly who she is.

liz278

^^ I agree with both of you! She needs to just keep quiet! Nothing good happens when she she speaks :)

JB172

Carmelo and LeBron will you PLEASE sign with someone so I don't have to watch the first fifteen minutes of Sportscenter or Fox Sports 1 nightly show talk about where and when you are going to sign with someone.

pklongbeach

You guys shut down a Taylor thread cause two people disagree??
You would have never shut down one of the many Miranda threads for the same reason.
Or is it now that I can just go into any thread I want now and get it shut down just by being disagreeable??? I can do that!

no. had it been a miranda thread, the person themselves would have been diciplined. But because it was a Taylor thread, you would rather no one talk at all.
Weird.

cassie2

Staff member
You guys shut down a Taylor thread cause two people disagree??
You would have never shut down one of the many Miranda threads for the same reason.
Or is it now that I can just go into any thread I want now and get it shut down just by being disagreeable??? I can do that!

no. had it been a miranda thread, the person themselves would have been diciplined. But because it was a Taylor thread, you would rather no one talk at all.
Weird.

Sorry, you feel this way Patrick. I assure you much discussion took place before the Taylor thread was closed. That thread was getting way too personal and several accusations of being attacked were taking place within the thread. It clearly was no longer just a few opinions being discussed. As moderators we do our best to be fair to everyone and to keep the atmosphere her at Carrie Forums a pleasant experience for all. We are not perfect, but I assure you we only apply the most severe measure of "banning" posters to those that blatantly spam, ignore all the rules, or are trolls.

I personally find it odd that so much drama can happen in a split second around here. Signing on and seeing a Taylor, Miranda or any other artist consistently having a dedicated thread front and center on the home page boggles my mind. I understand that having non Carrie discussions makes the forum more active and the majority of the posters enjoy these discussions. However, it is not pleasurable for any of us when these mini feuds erupt. The routine is always the same...first one long time member will post something, then a newbie or another differing opinion from an equally long time poster will be posted. Before you know it the bickering is in place, it goes back and forth and no longer is pleasurable nor necessary. Attacks and accusations begin snowballing into these mini feuds and reasonable discussion or staying on topic is immediately derailed.

Once Taylor's album drops I am sure another thread will be opened, but for the time being the thread was derailed and frankly there is no actual "news" as yet to actually discuss.

I love this forum and I enjoy all the wonderful post from so many interesting individuals that share my love for Carrie. It is a wealth of news, support, and admiration for a truly amazing human being! Carrie is truly a gifted artist and one that I will always enjoy.

Don't take the closing of the Taylor thread personal Patrick, it just was no longer a thread that was going anywhere but downhill. It was time to stop the bickering and allow this forum to remain a happy place to visit.

End of Rant!

pklongbeach

Sorry, you feel this way Patrick. I assure you much discussion took place before the Taylor thread was closed. That thread was getting way too personal and several accusations of being attacked were taking place within the thread. It clearly was no longer just a few opinions being discussed. As moderators we do our best to be fair to everyone and to keep the atmosphere her at Carrie Forums a pleasant experience for all. We are not perfect, but I assure you we only apply the most severe measure of "banning" posters to those that blatantly spam, ignore all the rules, or are trolls.

I personally find it odd that so much drama can happen in a split second around here. Signing on and seeing a Taylor, Miranda or any other artist consistently having a dedicated thread front and center on the home page boggles my mind. I understand that having non Carrie discussions makes the forum more active and the majority of the posters enjoy these discussions. However, it is not pleasurable for any of us when these mini feuds erupt. The routine is always the same...first one long time member will post something, then a newbie or another differing opinion from an equally long time poster will be posted. Before you know it the bickering is in place, it goes back and forth and no longer is pleasurable nor necessary. Attacks and accusations begin snowballing into these mini feuds and reasonable discussion or staying on topic is immediately derailed.

Once Taylor's album drops I am sure another thread will be opened, but for the time being the thread was derailed and frankly there is no actual "news" as yet to actually discuss.

I love this forum and I enjoy all the wonderful post from so many interesting individuals that share my love for Carrie. It is a wealth of news, support, and admiration for a truly amazing human being! Carrie is truly a gifted artist and one that I will always enjoy.

Don't take the closing of the Taylor thread personal Patrick, it just was no longer a thread that was going anywhere but downhill. It was time to stop the bickering and allow this forum to remain a happy place to visit.

End of Rant!
I understand. thanks for taking the time to express those thoughts.
It is true that I don't ever like when things turn personal or get too agressive. I see no need for it either.
And for whatever reason, Taylor does continue to be a rather derisive subject.
I actually thought by my opening and trying to keep things somewhat civil that it would be an olive branch for those who want to express their enthusiam for the new project.
Guess not. ha hah a......

But thanks for the explination. I appreciate it, and no harm done.

And yes, when more information comes forward, hopefully we can all behave ourselves and disucss Taylor without such passion.
Thanks agian.
Paddy

buckeyecarriefan

I fell off a 4 wheeler yesterday and broke my right middle finger. You don't realize just how much you need your fingers until one doesn't work lol.

mlawlor

Just returned from a weekend trip to see Shania Twain in a huge outdoor concert, only her third show this year that's not part of her Las Vegas show. The concert was great! Whenever the next album comes out, she should sound amazing. She performed in Charlottetown, Canada (population is almost the same as Bangor, Maine) and I heard that people could hear the concert throughout the city.

buckeyecarriefan

And a convicted school shooter has escaped from prison literally within an hour of my house. Lovely.

I'm sure I'll still sleep fine but we're not used to having to lock our doors in this small town.