Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rants Thread

carrieguy2

Okay my rant is not earth shattering, but I work in a school office of mostly women. We have 1 staff bathroom. We also have a few men who work in the office. My pet peeve is the men who will not put the seat down :) We have a hard enough time letting the men use the bathroom, so this makes it almost impossible :-D

Do they do it at home as well with their wives? Lol

maybe they just need a little nudge. What about posting a picture of a toilet with a hand lowering the toilet seat and a words "please remember" for a couple of weeks?

pklongbeach

^trust me, if you take a minute to think about it, you would much rather them put the seat up, weather they forget to put it back down or not, cause the alternative is to wipe urine off the seat every time you walk in......... ugh!!!!

JB172

AT&T thank you for making me waste a whole vacation day by saying your phone person will be at my home between 10 - 2 and they don't get here until after 3.

JB172

I will be really happy when Tuesday comes and goes so I don't have to see any more political ads on TV until the fall.

liz278

^^^I can't wait till November is over because I don't want to watch the news or read anything like Yahoo because everything is about the election and I am tired of it! (And it has just started)

JB172

^^^I can't wait till November is over because I don't want to watch the news or read anything like Yahoo because everything is about the election and I am tired of it! (And it has just started)
Once the conventions are over with and whoever wins the nominations on both sides select their running mates it is going to be so bad with the TV ads on all the time especially for the people who live in battleground states.

pklongbeach

....we live in such a strange society today. Everyone is a celebrity now. And popularity and notoriety (of any kind) is everything. It is making for a shocking low-level battle for President of the United States of America. I am basically horrified.......

JB172

....we live in such a strange society today. Everyone is a celebrity now. And popularity and notoriety (of any kind) is everything. It is making for a shocking low-level battle for President of the United States of America. I am basically horrified.......
I will PM you my feelings on the candidates.

lolita55

I really hate election years because of all of the ads. Its gonna be difficult to decide who I want to vote for this year. There are things I like and dislike about all of the candidates.

JB172

Springing forward sucks, my eyes are telling me that it's 11:37 but the rest of my body is telling me that it's 10:37

buckeyecarriefan

Absolutely not a rant but I have no idea where else to put it.

What it going to end up being the best summer of my life started this past Saturday! Friday I scored A last minute ticket to go see Garth Brooks in Columbus. With all due respect to the other great shows I've been to (including Carrie and Kenny Chesney), Garth even at 54 blows them all out of hte water. Definitely didn't expect him to still have THAT much energy at his age and with the shape he's in. He's always been my absolute favorite artist of all time, but Saturday night clinched it. A definite bucket list item crossed off my list and by far the best 75 bucks I've ever spent.

Then today I checked the mail, and there's my Guns N Roses tickets!

lolita55

So I have had a crappy weekend, my neighbors of over 5 years decided to have a weekend long party, it's been nothing but loud music and loud obnoxious drunks. I have had children and adults walk all over my front lawn. My poor dog is terrified(he's a rescue dog and we think he was owned by Hispanics because he is terrified of Hispanics, male Hispanics in particular, and my neighbors are Mexican). So needless to say my neighbor and I, who is like 20 years older than me are going to have a chat about what is and what is not exceptical when you live in town. I realize he was raised in a completely different culture than I was, but damn I don't understand how people cannot have a little bit of common courtesy.

Ann055

Carrie takes the time to present different folks framed albums with personal notes and someone has the nerve to put this for sale on ebay. And they blacked out the name CU addressed it to. Infuriates me.

framedfromcuwithhandwrittennote1st3albums14millionsold15no1sandsomeoneissellingitonebaydisgustin.JPG

Ann055

^ That is beyond rude!!! Does she send them to people in the business, or who?

Here's the ebay link: Carrie Underwood Sales Award with Hand Written Note from Carrie 29x24 RARE | eBay

The people selling it are some outfit radio memorabilia so probably some radio person. And no bids but opening bid is set for $1,499.99 + $85 shipping.

Here is what the handwritten note says:

$_57.JPG

How precious that would be to one of us. Ugh!!

Ann055

This is not really a rant, but I am so thankful I am ok. Most of you know this if you are on twitter and follow me. I fell last week and it was pretty scary. Was in hospital from Thursday to late Monday night. My head and neck are ok - thank goodness. Hurt my foot but it's in a boot so I can walk w/the boot. Am still tired but getting better all the time. I'm a klutz & had a 'Lucy' moment - ha Trying to catch up on everything.

ALL IS GOOD!

maddkat

Staff member
Carrie takes the time to present different folks framed albums with personal notes and someone has the nerve to put this for sale on ebay. And they blacked out the name CU addressed it to. Infuriates me.

View attachment 30734

this person probably wasn't necessarily a fan and was just doing their job.So it probably means little to them.I fully admit I've gotten rid of things people have given me.Hasn't everyone?
They also have one from Swift for sale.

So glad you're back on your feet and feeling better Ann!

Ann055

this person probably wasn't necessarily a fan and was just doing their job.So it probably means little to them.I fully admit I've gotten rid of things people have given me.Hasn't everyone?
They also have one from Swift for sale.

So glad you're back on your feet and feeling better Ann!

I know D, it was probs a radio person but how some of us would love to have that. And, of course, I've gotten rid of things. Just every time I see it on twitter, which is all the time right now, I want it - ha

And thanks, I'm doing so much better! Could have been way worse, so I'm extremely grateful.