Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent Taylor Swift/Kanye West Battle of Words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokyiiis

A lot of stuff made public by the Daily Beast

http://www.cele*****y.com/472813/da..._is_the_living_embodiment_of_white_privilege/

Taylor is back in the news all the time these days because Kanye West just won’t stop *****ing about her. Just this week, Kanye declared that Swifty “had two seconds to be cool and she f—ked it up.” He also called her a Fake Ass in his SNL rant. And I’m sure he’s saying a lot worse about her behind-the-scenes. My point about Taylor and Kanye has always been: their beef has, historically, helped them both. Anyway, The Daily Beast had an amazing write-up about just that – the piece is called “Taylor Swift Is Not More Influential Than Kanye West.” It’s a great, thoughtful read, but this is my favorite part:
According to the Swift fairy tale, she is the consummate underdog, an outsider who grew up on a Christmas tree farm and was mercilessly bullied and rejected, but never gave up on her dream of music superstardom. The reality is a bit different. That Christmas tree farm Swift grew up on in Pennsylvania was actually purchased from one of Swift’s father’s clients (and the family summered at their oceanfront mansion in Stone Harbor, New Jersey). You see, Swift’s father is a very wealthy senior vice president at Merrill Lynch—and the descendant of three generations of bank presidents—while her mother worked at a mutual fund and is the daughter of a rich oilman.
When Swift was 13, her parents brought her to New York City and introduced her to manager Dan Dymtrow, who landed the singer-songwriter meetings with the top record labels, as well as a modeling gig as part of Abercrombie & Fitch’s ‘Rising Stars’ Campaign. In the photo, a tall, slender Swift is portrayed balancing an acoustic guitar with one hand and dabbing her eye with the other; it’s the birth of the Swiftian persona, the unpopular geek who deserves your sympathy… while modeling for Abercrombie & Fitch in the eighth grade.
Dymtrow landed Swift an artist development deal at RCA Records, but Swift left the label for Big Machine Records—a tiny imprint that her father helped kick-start with a six-figure investment. He then transferred to the Nashville office of Merrill Lynch, and moved the family to a lakehouse mansion in Tennessee, in order to help foster Swift’s burgeoning country music career. A then-16-year-old Swift’s self-titled debut album was released in 2006 to massive acclaim, and the rest, as they say, is history. Now, this is not to say that Swift isn’t a musical prodigy—she is, winning a talent contest to open for Charlie Daniels at 11, and taking home first prize in a national poetry contest at 12—but she is also, in many ways, the living embodiment of white privilege.

More at link

But for those that may have thought she had a tough up-bringing.....no how no way

Kizmet311

Oh, I never thought she had a tough upbringing. Did anyone really think that? She could have been a very awkward pre-teen and a bit of a geek (the other kids may have made fun of her interests in music and poetry), but most of the bullying she probably felt back then is the same as she probably gets now - jealousy for having come from a privileged background and jealousy for being rich and famous. She has obviously had the path to stardom cleared for her by Daddy at every step of the way up until her record deal with Big Machine, but I've no doubt that Taylor is now as savvy about business as dear daddy.

JB172

I am sick of both of these two and their preschool act, she should have more sense then to get into a playpen little boy & little girl b!tch session with the biggest whiny jackass in the history of the world, both of them need to grow the hell up already and stop acting like a three year old.

opry051008

I am sick of both of these two and their preschool act, she should have more sense then to get into a playpen little boy & little girl b!tch session with the biggest whiny jackass in the history of the world, both of them need to grow the hell up already and stop acting like a three year old.

But they both got their publicity so in the end they both win.

lizcarlo

Everyone knows she has privilege upbringing. She did get her start from privilege, but her success has lasted because of Taylor. Her business skills is very good. I hope she ignores him. All he wants is attention.

lolita55

A lot of stuff made public by the Daily Beast

http://www.cele*****y.com/472813/da..._is_the_living_embodiment_of_white_privilege/

Taylor is back in the news all the time these days because Kanye West just won’t stop *****ing about her. Just this week, Kanye declared that Swifty “had two seconds to be cool and she f—ked it up.” He also called her a Fake Ass in his SNL rant. And I’m sure he’s saying a lot worse about her behind-the-scenes. My point about Taylor and Kanye has always been: their beef has, historically, helped them both. Anyway, The Daily Beast had an amazing write-up about just that – the piece is called “Taylor Swift Is Not More Influential Than Kanye West.” It’s a great, thoughtful read, but this is my favorite part:
According to the Swift fairy tale, she is the consummate underdog, an outsider who grew up on a Christmas tree farm and was mercilessly bullied and rejected, but never gave up on her dream of music superstardom. The reality is a bit different. That Christmas tree farm Swift grew up on in Pennsylvania was actually purchased from one of Swift’s father’s clients (and the family summered at their oceanfront mansion in Stone Harbor, New Jersey). You see, Swift’s father is a very wealthy senior vice president at Merrill Lynch—and the descendant of three generations of bank presidents—while her mother worked at a mutual fund and is the daughter of a rich oilman.
When Swift was 13, her parents brought her to New York City and introduced her to manager Dan Dymtrow, who landed the singer-songwriter meetings with the top record labels, as well as a modeling gig as part of Abercrombie & Fitch’s ‘Rising Stars’ Campaign. In the photo, a tall, slender Swift is portrayed balancing an acoustic guitar with one hand and dabbing her eye with the other; it’s the birth of the Swiftian persona, the unpopular geek who deserves your sympathy… while modeling for Abercrombie & Fitch in the eighth grade.
Dymtrow landed Swift an artist development deal at RCA Records, but Swift left the label for Big Machine Records—a tiny imprint that her father helped kick-start with a six-figure investment. He then transferred to the Nashville office of Merrill Lynch, and moved the family to a lakehouse mansion in Tennessee, in order to help foster Swift’s burgeoning country music career. A then-16-year-old Swift’s self-titled debut album was released in 2006 to massive acclaim, and the rest, as they say, is history. Now, this is not to say that Swift isn’t a musical prodigy—she is, winning a talent contest to open for Charlie Daniels at 11, and taking home first prize in a national poetry contest at 12—but she is also, in many ways, the living embodiment of white privilege.

More at link

But for those that may have thought she had a tough up-bringing.....no how no way

I really hate that whole white privilege tag that people bring up. I am white and so is the bulk of my family, and we have never gotten anything because of white privilege. My family are just lower middle class people who have worked hard, and have just what we need.

garth

This indicates a split between various factions of the Illuminati, whether this is racial or political is hard to tell as it is a little guarded secret that Taylor is a Trump supporter. We will soon see if the Illuminati values Kanye and the Kardashians more or Taylor Swift as a more valuable member proof:

pklongbeach

I really hate that whole white privilege tag that people bring up. I am white and so is the bulk of my family, and we have never gotten anything because of white privilege. My family are just lower middle class people who have worked hard, and have just what we need.
I agree that I don't like the connotation of the term "white priviledge". It is just as racist a term as any that attempts identify someones life by the color of their skin.

But privilege is privilege. And she was most certainly that. That in no way should suggest talent or not talent. Just that the whole idea of an underdog who was misunderstood and rose through adversity to be a mentor or example to other underprivileged kids who struggle with identity, is just kind of silly.......

Danielcroos

On this fateful day in New York City, a 19-year-old Taylor was at the MTV Video Music Awards, accepting the Best Female Video award for unrequited love anthem 'You Belong with Me'. During her cute acceptance speech, Kanye jumped up on the stage and grabbed the mic, interrupting with the now-immortal words: "Yo, Taylor, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time. One of the best videos of all time!

Status
Not open for further replies.