Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Reflection) Vegas residency

I wish some fans will tape the band intros when they play Led Zep “Rock & roll”. Specially the new lady drummer Elizabeth Chan. She must have brief solo drum that impressed Billy Duke nickname her Joan Bonham, a tribute to late John Bonham of Led Zep who was considered by many one of the greatest drummers of all time.

Smokyiiis

I wish some fans will tape the band intros when they play Led Zep “Rock & roll”. Specially the new lady drummer Elizabeth Chan. She must have brief solo drum that impressed Billy Duke nickname her Joan Bonham, a tribute to late John Bonham of Led Zep who was considered by many one of the greatest drummers of all time.
I've read a LOT of stuff on Ms Chan and the audiences LOVE LOVE LOVE her.

Smokyiiis

AWESOME REVIEW!!!!!

By John Taylor (contact)

Friday, Dec. 3, 2021 | 2 a.m.

Carrie Underwood Debuts Resorts World Residency

Carrie Underwood made her Las Vegas debut with the premiere of REFLECTION: The Las Vegas Residency at Resorts World Las Vegas Wed. Dec. 1, 2021.  (Courtesy of Resorts World/Denise Truscello)
Launch slideshow »

If executives at Resorts World Las Vegas harbored any worries about having Carrie Underwood as the opening act at their Resorts World Theatre, the country superstar’s Wednesday night performance should have put their minds at ease.

Underwood, who gained fame after winning Season 4 of “American Idol” and has since gone on to win multiple Grammy Awards over a 16-year career, opened her “Reflection: The Las Vegas Residency” at the venue 162 days after the resort’s June 24 opening. Originally, French-Canadian singer Celine Dion was tabbed to christen the theater Nov. 5 with a residency that was postponed due to what were called “unforeseen medical symptoms.”

The 5,000 people in the audience, who filled the room to capacity, were treated to a show worthy of being called a Las Vegas feature production.

The 90-minute show featured Underwood’s seven-person band, a cast of dancers, a host of aerialists and acrobats, dazzling stage sets and, of course, the headliner.

In previewing her “Reflection” residency, Underwood said the show would “reflect the amazing journey I’ve been on for the past 16 years, as well as a glimpse into what lies ahead.” And it did, from “Jesus Take the Wheel” — her first chart hit from 2005 — to 2019’s “Drinking Alone.”

In all, she sang 16 songs from her catalog.

In singing the 2008 hit “All-American Girl,” she bopped from side to side of the theater stage, smiling broadly — clearly enjoying herself in the moment. She remarked that when the song first came out and she performed it on the road, she often would bring a little girl from the audience onstage to sing with her. And though she didn’t bring a little girl onstage for the song Wednesday, she did summon a bachelorette celebrating her pending nuptials to sing alongside. Suffice it to say that the woman, Regina from Las Vegas, was an animated and welcome addition to the night’s lineup.

Throughout the evening, Underwood sparkled — her wardrobe, from head to foot, and her powerful and stunning voice. She literally shook the house when “Jesus Take the Wheel” morphed into “How Great Thou Art.”

Setlist​

"Cowboy Casanova"

"Good Girl"

"Undo It"

"Wasted"

"Drinking Alone"

"Dirty Laundry"

"Two Black Cadillacs"

"Church Bells"

"Blown Away"

"Jesus Take the Wheel"/"How Great Thou Art"

"All-American Girl"

"Flat on the Floor"

"Rock and Roll" (Led Zeppelin)*

"Love Wins"

"Cry Pretty"

"Smoke Break"

"Before He Cheats"

* Band introductions

Also shining bright were the stage sets, designed by Nick Whitehouse, CEO of Nashville, Tenn.-based Fireplay. They included a throne fashioned from chrome exhaust pipes, and the hood and fins of a Cadillac. Underwood emerged from underneath the stage on the throne to perform “Two Black Cadillacs.”

For the hit “Before He Cheats,” a Jeep was lowered from above to the stage where four dancers “took a Louisville slugger to both headlights” before Underwood set the vehicle on fire at the end of the song. It was a spectacular visual that left the audience amazed.

But the inferno soon was left to play second fiddle to the finale.

After a brief interlude, Underwood reappeared on what was described as a “never-before-seen water wall feature.” The scene was otherworldly, with Underwood singing “Something in the Water” from a cutout in the middle of the wall, with water cascading from the top and a group of soaked performers frolicking nearby. Behind and above the wall, a waterfall of fireworks completed the setting.

Last edited:

LilUnderwood

I’m curious to hear about the VIP and meet and greet experiences! I haven’t seen anyone talk about them yet; curious to know what they are like!

carrieforV

The vegas show looks incredible. One thing I've noticed carrie doesn't seem to Interact with the crowd as much as she does on her tours, is it because there is so much going on?

maddkat

Staff member
^ idk, she took a picture with one person in front row opening night, invited another up on stage to sing. With it being an end stage show I would think she'd play to the entire theater and not the same people over and over in the front couple rows.

also wondering has anyone figured out what this "peek ahead" Carrie talked about in interviews over the summer

Last edited:

adam1995

^ idk, she took a picture with one person in front row opening night, invited another up on stage to sing. With it being an end stage show I would think she'd play to the entire theater and not the same people over and over in the front couple rows.

also wondering has anyone figured out what this "peek ahead" Carrie talked about in interviews over the summer
I think it was just an expression that people read too much into.

maddkat

Staff member
I think it was just an expression that people read too much into.
maybe, but she should know her fan base by now and when it's been 3 1/2 years since she released new music she should probably watch your words. lol

When people talk of entertainment capital of the world, three cities top the lists. Namely, Las Vegas, Los Angeles & New York. So far, Carrie has conquered Staple Center & Madison Square Garden. Today, the Sin city. Unfortunately, Carrie home base Nashville, known as country music city, their distinguish members voters don’t know the meaning of entertainment. Hopefully, 2022 will wake them up to reality after looking at the “Reflection” of their faces in the mirror.