Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocker Vince Neil Gets Acquainted With Country (Cool Carrie Mention)

Carrieflattsfan

“I was like, ‘Eh, I don’t know. Let me think about this one for a minute,’” he recalled. “The more I thought about it, the cooler it got, especially after Carrie Underwood did ‘Home Sweet Home,’ and that was so good. I’m thinking to myself, ‘How cool would it be to hear these other acts’ renditions of the songs?’”

Underwood’s version is available on iTunes, but won’t be included on the tribute CD. That lineup contains Rascal Flatts singing “Kick Start My Heart,” Justin Moore on “Home Sweet Home,” Eli Young Band’s version of “Don’t Go Away Mad” and more.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2014/02/18/rocker-vince-neil-gets-acquainted-with-country/

txacar

Don't think he knows how popular Carrie's version is. I hear it at least once/week at LA Fitness. Love it. Big mistake. Has he no idea how many cds Carrie junkies buy?? Don't think I like him anymore (pout)!!!

Carrieflattsfan

Don't think he knows how popular Carrie's version is. I hear it at least once/week at LA Fitness. Love it. Big mistake. Has he no idea how many cds Carrie junkies buy?? Don't think I like him anymore (pout)!!!

It doesn't say anywhere in the article that Vince doesn't know how popular Carrie is, though. All he said was he's not really a Country fan, but he liked Carrie's HSH.
If anything, that's a big compliment for Carrie, especially because it sounds like her cover is what made Vince more open to the idea of a Country covers album.

Also, I didn't include that Carrie won't be on the album because it's a BM release, and explicitly states she's not on the album :)

lolita55

It's a Big Machine release. Carrie's cover wasn't even an option.

No of course they never could. I think the reason for this, is because Carrie would show up all of big machines artists. She would go in there and nail it the first time, while the others could not. On a side night, has anybody noticed how much rascal flatts have gone down as artists since they joined SB's record label. I think they would have been better off going somewhere else.

teesharky

Yeah Vince Neil knows how good carrie is since they sang together before. Lol having Taylor do a Crüe song is as absurd as ts singing with Def lepard. Lol

too bad Big Machine controls this. Ugh.

txacar

It doesn't say anywhere in the article that Vince doesn't know how popular Carrie is, though. All he said was he's not really a Country fan, but he liked Carrie's HSH.
If anything, that's a big compliment for Carrie, especially because it sounds like her cover is what made Vince more open to the idea of a Country covers album.

Also, I didn't include that Carrie won't be on the album because it's a BM release, and explicitly states she's not on the album :)

I know he knows how popular CARRIE is, but perhaps doesn't know that her version of HSH is played as much as it is. Agree it is a wonderful compliment for Carrie, especially since he is one of her favs. I'm not a stranger to his opinion of Carrie's version of his song -- have seen several interviews and he is always asked what he thinks of it. I only meant that if he had anything to say about who was on the album he could have expected much higher sales with Carrie's HSH on the cd. That is a moot point, however, since it is a BM release.

liz278

Yeah Vince Neil knows how good carrie is since they sang together before. Lol having Taylor do a Crüe song is as absurd as ts singing with Def lepard. Lol

I agree, it's too bad BM & SB control this. So far the only artists I have seen have been BM artists. I am also sorry that we won't be able to hear Carrie on this album, it would have been awesome!

opry051008

I feel a little sad for Justin Moore. lol.

Anyway, I've never forgiven American Idol for cutting off Carrie's one and only televised performance of HSH. : (

Carrieflattsfan

Oh, man, I forgot Carrie sang "Kickstart My Heart" with Vince years ago. Haha.