Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Time - This Side of Heaven is Hell -

Ann055

Hi guys,

I'm kind of having a rough time right now. As some of you know, my Dad passed away November 15, 2013 and is creeping up on one year he's been gone from us. It's really hard because my Mom is having a really rough time. You know they were married 57 years on June 10 last year. I'm 58. They were married June 10th and I was born June 20th...a year later...and that always brought laughs to all my parent's friends. You know, my Dad beat colon cancer and was cancer free for 11 years. Then, all of a sudden, the first of September last year, it reared its ugly head again - kidney cancer among other things. He had a kidney removed...he wanted to try...but to no avail...it went throughout his body quickly and his body just shut down. He planned his entire funeral and told my Mom, his Sister, by brother and sister-in-law, my oldest son, his wife, my two grandchildren, my youngest son and myself EXACTLY what he wanted for EVERYTHING. He's AMAZING - he gathered ALL OF US in his hospital room together and told us. When it came time, we were all there with him and told him it was ok, we would be fine, he could go - he fought a short time and looked at each of us one more time and then he was gone.

My mother did everything with my dad and she has health issues. My brother (who is 9 years younger than me) is having a terrible time and he has some health issues of his own now. My youngest son lived with my parents and was so very close to my Dad. He is having an extremely hard time too. My Dad's sister and him were the closest brother and sister ever. My 14 year old grandson had to have open heart surgery this summer and he was so healthy or so we thought. When he went for his football physical, the doctors found a problem - genetic. He had the surgery and is doing fine, thank the Good Lord. I have some health issues myself and as a result, I cannot be with my Mom all the time. My brother, sister-in-law and my youngest son all live with her now. She loves all of them being there, however she and my son were so used to being there together, just the two of them, and he really looked after her and he is so kind. My Mom has been though SO much change in the past year that anything new is extremely difficult for her. I feel guilty that I cannot be physically there for her because she's told me and also my Aunt how much fun she has with me and also I with her.

Then, my youngest son called me at midnight and told me my Uncle (my Mom's sister's husband) passed away late last night. He was 89 years old, a brilliant, kind man, but his health hadn't been good for some time. My Aunt has multiple health issues, one of which I also have. She's younger than my Mom. They live out in beautiful country in Arkansas and rescued dogs and cats - the ones no one wants - health issues, disabled, etc. I lived with them before my health issues and boy, did I have a ball - 18 cats and 11 dogs - and all of them had issues and medicine and shots and disabilities. The animals were a full time job and then the huge garden and the mowing, etc. I loved it though. Now, I don't have any idea what she is going to do. I would go there in a New York second if I didn't want to leave my Mom and didn't have health issues.

Oh well, I step at a time. I'm sorry I have written a book. I guess I just felt like my Carrie Family would understand. I'll be okay - I'll just snuggle up with my 23 year old kitty cat - can you believe that - my Tiger - she's right here beside me (she has diabetes, my poor baby, but as her vet just told me last week, she's the healthiest geriatic cat I've ever seen - and listen to Carrie and Michael W. Smith and Chris Tomlin and The Swon Brothers and others and try and get some sleep. I haven't talked to my Mom yet because my brother woke her up and told her. My son called me to tell me.

I will continue to pray and ask for strength. Thank you for listening. All of you give an extra hug to your family and your friends.

~Ann

Ann055

I'm sorry to hear this Ann, You know, I always pray for you and your family.

Thank you so much! Really means alot to me! Feel like we've known each other forever! You and your family are always in my prayers as well - have been for a very long time. Logan & I talk about you!

liz278

I'm so sorry, I saw this on Twitter last night as I was going to bed and was going to try to talk to you today. I'm glad you posted it here, it's easier not to have a 140 limit like Twitter :). You and your family are in my prayers. It's hard when our parents and older aunts and uncles are in bad health, it's just hard to not be able to do anything but pray for them and love them. I'm glad that your kitty is still with you.

Gator

Ann~ So sorry to hear this. It's always heartbreaking when a loved one is ill, suffering or there is loss of a loved one. I will continue to pray for you and your family. May you all be blessed with comfort and strength through these difficult times. Also, please remember to take care of yourself, my friend.

Ann055

I'm so sorry, I saw this on Twitter last night as I was going to bed and was going to try to talk to you today. I'm glad you posted it here, it's easier not to have a 140 limit like Twitter :). You and your family are in my prayers. It's hard when our parents and older aunts and uncles are in bad health, it's just hard to not be able to do anything but pray for them and love them. I'm glad that your kitty is still with you.

Thank you so much! Means so much to me! I'm so so so so very lucky to have my wonderful youngest son here. He takes care of Mom and me. He's a fine young man! I try and help him as much as I can because I don't know what I would do without him.

Ann055

Ann~ So sorry to hear this. It's always heartbreaking when a loved one is ill, suffering or there is loss of a loved one. I will continue to pray for you and your family. May you all be blessed with comfort and strength through these difficult times. Also, please remember to take care of yourself, my friend.

Thank you so much. It means so much to me. I try and take care of myself and I do pretty good, however my wonderful son calls me every day to check on me. He comes over & stays a week at a time with me (as long as my brother or my Aunt is there - he would never leave her by herself) to help out with Tiger, buys groceries that I can eat, cooks, mops, helps with Tiger & pays all her vet bills (because we have to check how her insulin is doing & she checks blood work every 2-3 months) and always takes her in if we see she has a potential problem. He's just the best son a mom could have!

And, you are right, I must take care of myself so that I have the strength to help take care of my Mom. Again, thank you so much or your prayers!

opry051008

Wow Ann, it's just been one thing after another that you've had to deal with. I'm so glad you have the healthiest geriatic cat to help you through it. : )

You and your family will be in my prayers as you go through these very difficult days ahead.

Ann055

Same here Ann.

You're definitely my friend, Suellen! I'm so thankful that I've made so many friends through CF! I've never met any of you, but I feel like I've known so many of you for years and years. You're my family!

Ann055

My brain is in a fog off and on. One thing I wanted to tell you and thank you for - well you know what I am talking about. I do what I can - following your lead!

Thank you so very much!

Gator

My brain is in a fog off and on. One thing I wanted to tell you and thank you for - well you know what I am talking about. I do what I can - following your lead!

Thank you so very much!

Ann~ I know. We do what we can, when we can; that's all God asks of us. No thanks needed. God Bless you and your family.

Ann055

MODS - I would request you DELETE this thread POST HASTE. My CF friends know about part of this. I thought I could talk about tough times, but after nonsense that went on here yesterday, I'm over it. Thank you very much!

P.S. Everyone who posted here are wonderful people & I'm sure some didn't post and for that I am grateful. Prayers go a long way & even if you don't believe as I do, that's perfectly ok with me - I accept and try to understand. Who am I to judge? But I accept each and every one of you as my CF family.