Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**ROUND 11: All-American Girl vs. You Won't Find This

AAG or YWFT?

• All-American Girl

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • You Won't Find This

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carrieflattsfan

This is so hard! Two of my favorite Carrie songs of all-time. I'm gonna vote for YWT, though. Love the vocals and the lyrics; the most underrated song on CR.

My vote follows this sequence: "All-American Girl" > "You Won't Find This" > "I Know You Won't"

That's why my vote goes to "All-American Girl" again

-----

This is my 600th post on Carriefans.com

Burst

I voted for AAG. I never got the hype behind YWFT. It's good and all, but nothing spectacular.

gocountrymusic

Wow I expected YWFT to be doing better. I voted for it. It has a fantastic narrative, a delicate vocal, the production isn't overdone (which was a criticism with Carnival Ride) and finally although it might not have intended to be this way, it really is an empowering song. One of my personal favorites and very underrated.

maddkat

Staff member
YWFT, I love this song.and I think had it been released as a single and had the success AAG had it would be winning this in a landslide.It's like the forgotten song on CR,so underrated.I remember Carrie singing it at the FCP...fantastic.

Cps235

Wow! This is brutal. How am I supposed to choose between "All-American Girl" and "You Won't Find This". Both of them are gems. I love both of them equally. Um, I'm going to put in my vote, but I won't tell :p All I am going to say is that both "All-American Girl" and "You Won't Find This" are fantastic :)

epicamends

YWFT. Without question. One of Carrie's all-time best songs, and IMO probably the single most underrated song of her career.

desubear

oh lord. AAG is undoubtedly my favorite carrie single. but YWFT is my second favorite non single after Quitter. oh lord help me pick. this is going to be hard

PRGuy79

YWFT is one of my all-time favorites and has my vote. Love, love, love this song.

"You can hold any girl that you like,
Fall in love when it's easy at night,
But, you'll wake up wondering why she ain't ever something better.
When you're lost and run out of road,
Find what I already know,
In the end close is all there is,
But you won't find this
No, you won't find this."

I'm sure this is the reality that Tony Romo, Chace Crawford, etc. must face each and every day post-Carrie... :)

Farawayhills

I'm afraid I was too late to vote this time - it wouldn't have affected the result, but I would have given one more point to "You Won't Find This"

This is penned by writers who each had considerable experience, one in the Country field (Tom Shapiro) and the other in the Pop field (Cathy Dennis) - and I think it shows the potential for this sort of "crossover" collaboration. To my mind, this "Carnival Ride" track was a more successful mixed genre venture than some of the Pop collaborations Carrie was to use later on "Play On". The music has elements of both genres, but Carrie's vocal interpretation, I think, seals it as contemporary Country. For me, this is a good example of how she can approach varied material in her own way, and put a distinctive stamp on it.

I'm afraid I was too late to vote this time - it wouldn't have affected the result, but I would have given one more point to "You Won't Find This"

This is penned by writers who each had considerable experience, one in the Country field (Tom Shapiro) and the other in the Pop field (Cathy Dennis) - and I think it shows the potential for this sort of "crossover" collaboration. To my mind, this "Carnival Ride" track was a more successful mixed genre venture than some of the Pop collaborations Carrie was to use later on "Play On". The music has elements of both genres, but Carrie's vocal interpretation, I think, seals it as contemporary Country. For me, this is a good example of how she can approach varied material in her own way, and put a distinctive stamp on it.

Thank you very much, Professor Farawayhills. It is never late to read your helpful and well-organized opinions and lessons

Perhaps I'll have a chance to read your opinion of "Twisted" on the next thread