Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12: Look At Me vs Someday When I Stop Loving You

Look At Me vs Someday When I Stop Loving You

• Look At Me

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Someday When I Stop Loving You

Votes: 24 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supercarriefan

I certainly would not have predicted this as the final match-up when we started, but I'm thrilled. Two beautiful Carrie ballads are facing off for the title.
Poll closes in 5 days.

thunder92

I will take a little time to decide....SWISLY normally would be an instant win but I LAM has grown immensely on me

cole

Don't see why everyone falls head over heels for LAM.

Oh someday, oh someday...

allamericangirl8

I'll never understand the SWISLY lovefest. It's a pretty good song. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, and LAM is much more emotional and vulnerable.

The BA lovefest made a lot more sense than this. I mean, at least BA is original.

Edit: Also, it's a lot easier to sing about getting your heart smashed into bits than it is to sing about falling in love. You can hear it in LAM. It's like her whole soul is exposed.

Carrieflattsfan

I'll never understand the SWISLY lovefest. It's a pretty good song. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, and LAM is much more emotional and vulnerable.

The BA lovefest made a lot more sense than this. I mean, at least BA is original.

Edit: Also, it's a lot easier to sing about getting your heart smashed into bits than it is to sing about falling in love. You can hear it in LAM. It's like her whole soul is exposed.

You're wrong.

SWISLY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LAM

liveasong

STOP!

SWISLY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:D hehe

Burst

SWISLY would've won against any other song tbh. Its victory was inevitable from the start. :p

That being said, it is my favourite song from the album and I am voting for it. :D

carriecountrystar

Look At Me, hands down.

LAM captures the heart and soul like no other. The tenderness in which Carrie sings it makes me melt; LAM is definitely one of my top favorite to listen to because there's just something so powerful and heart-provoking when sung with that kind of vulnerability.

I agree with Allamericangirl. LAM/FC may seem like an easy-peasy song to sing but the trick is not with the notes (which would be rather easier to sing, quite frankly) but rather with conveying what's inside of you- and that is no easy task by FAR.

carriecountrystar

Look at how Carrie seems to struggle a bit with her emotion in the beginning (very brief second in the beginning so keep your eyes peeled.) like she was thinking of something/something. Even the, "mmmmm... driving my heart craazy..." at 0.21 has that emotional climb up. Absolutely adore her from 1.01, "I tell myself... then I fall a little farther every time (almost seem like she was choking back the emotion) you look at me...."

How I long for Carrie to sing songs like LAM and FC more often- or more like ever? :p It's hard to be vulnerable. It's hard to put yourself out it. It's hard controlling your emotions and letting go at the same time. (I feel like in that performance, you can see parts of Carrie opening up emotionally but other parts struggling to come out which resulted in pulling out (over-singing) a tad bit too much when she goes into the chorus, "... Darling look at me...") BUT there's a greater reward that comes when you can allow yourself to BE vulnerable like that. I really wish Carrie would explore that side of her; it's rare but a diamond waiting to shine!

Carrieflattsfan

Look At Me, hands down.

LAM captures the heart and soul like no other. The tenderness in which Carrie sings it makes me melt; LAM is definitely one of my top favorite to listen to because there's just something so powerful and heart-provoking when sung with that kind of vulnerability.

I agree with Allamericangirl. LAM/FC may seem like an easy-peasy song to sing but the trick is not with the notes (which would be rather easier to sing, quite frankly) but rather with conveying what's inside of you- and that is no easy task by FAR.

See, I don't hear the same emotion in LAM as I do SWISLY. I feel like I can hear her heartbreak as she's singing it. It's so delicate and beautiful, and I can feel her emotion. I just don't have the same connection with LAM, and part of it may have to do with the fact that it's a cover song. It's beautiful, but I just don't feel the same connection to it.

And the above performance of LAM is beautiful; I wish she had performed it live more often.

My vote still goes to SWISLY, though. :p